• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
You keep coming back to the multi attacks;
1.Nero can dodge attacks that have multiple hits (see: YT video)
2.Nero can also do these attacks - RQ+yamato+summoned swords+BR
And you're neglecting max act; Nero is quite sluggish at swinging his sword compared to others, but exceed greatly increases his attack speed.

Again, I think Nero would lose this fight, but I don't see it being a one sided curb stomp like you seem to.

The Final Offer

You keep coming back to the multi attacks;
1.Nero can dodge attacks that have multiple hits (see: YT video)
2.Nero can also do these attacks - RQ+yamato+summoned swords+BR
And you're neglecting max act; Nero is quite sluggish at swinging his sword compared to others, but exceed greatly increases his attack speed.

Again, I think Nero would lose this fight, but I don't see it being a one sided curb stomp like you seem to.

Lol "one sided curb stomp."

Ok. So you're greatest move against 7+ attacks all activating at once is Red Queen + Yamato+ 4 summoned swords + Blue rose?

So just let Nero attack first right? See how that plays out. I mean it's his best card according to you.

Last edited:

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Lol "one sided curb stomp."

Ok. So you're greatest move against 7+ attacks all activating at once is Red Queen + Yamato+ 4 summoned swords + Blue rose?

So just let Nero attack first right? See how that plays out. I mean it's his best card according to you.
I didn't say it was his greatest attack. I merely pointed out that Nero has attacks that hit multiple times too, in fact, all of his attacks could be considered multi hit attacks whilst he's in DT.

The Final Offer

Ok, now you're just being condescending.

I mean yeah, it was funny, but come on, lighten up.

It's the little things people do that urk me. There's an insult there, it's subtle, but it's there. He's trying to say I don't know what Nero can do and that all I've done is consider DmC Vergil victor because of it. Like I didn't weigh their abilities and head to head each one.

I was hoping showing them the skill list would finally drill it in their heads that it's a landslide win.

This thread is about these guys figuring out how Nero can win or at least put up a fight.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This thread is about these guys figuring out how Nero can win or at least put up a fight.
Just trying to balance things out -- however, now that I think about it, In my opinion, most people favor the old DMC series anyway, so it wasn't an issue that needed 'balancing' (at least, not in the other "direction") in the first place.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
It's the little things people do that urk me. There's an insult there, it's subtle, but it's there. He's trying to say I don't know what Nero can do and that all I've done is consider DmC Vergil victor because of it. Like I didn't weigh their abilities and head to head each one.

I was hoping showing them the skill list would finally drill it in their heads that it's a landslide win.

The fact that you think something like the ground stab from demon-yamato could render TH useless, or that demon-yamato would break through his buster defence easily (which blocked a stinger by DMC4 Dante, ffs) clearly shows that you don't know what Nero can do.

I've already said that Vorgel would beat basically everyone from DmC and DMC3, and for the hell of it, I'll throw in the fact that he'd probably tear DMC1 Dante (-Sparda sword) apart so it's clearly not some "I LOVE THE OLD SERIES. NEW SERIES SUCKS" bias. I just don't think Nero would go down as easily as you do. He has a solid move base, an extremely good dodge mechanic, the same capability to attack from multiple directions, and an overpowered gaping plothole of an arm that is probably the strongest form of brute force in the entire series.

You're accusing fans of the older series of having some sort of Nero bias, yet you clearly ignore facts like Nero THing a multiple hit attack from the Saviour and come back with "no, the ground stab would defeat it". I'd say you're the one with an irrational bias, and you're getting a bug up your arse because people don't agree that le edgy reboot Vergil would just 1-shot Nero and walk off.

Caiden

I think Nero can win this but again it's not a one sided victory. The whole reason I think he wins is that we have seen him accomplish a lot more. Based off end game Nero, if he manages to catch Vergil with his DB he can crush Vergils entire body without even using DT. Also remember that Nero's attack hit A LOT harder. Max act would go right threw his defense.

How can you seriously think Vergil would just stomp him? If Nero is really as weak as you like to make him seem than he would have never made it throw his first encounter with a Blitz much less Credo.

The Final Offer

The fact that you think something like the ground stab from demon-yamato could render TH useless, or that demon-yamato would break through his buster defence easily (which blocked a stinger by DMC4 Dante, ffs) clearly shows that you don't know what Nero can do.

I've already said that Vorgel would beat basically everyone from DmC and DMC3, and for the hell of it, I'll throw in the fact that he'd probably tear DMC1 Dante (-Sparda sword) apart so it's clearly not some "I LOVE THE OLD SERIES. NEW SERIES SUCKS" bias. I just don't think Nero would go down as easily as you do. He has a solid move base, an extremely good dodge mechanic, the same capability to attack from multiple directions, and an overpowered gaping plothole of an arm that is probably the strongest form of brute force in the entire series.

You're accusing fans of the older series of having some sort of Nero bias, yet you clearly ignore facts like Nero THing a multiple hit attack from the Saviour and come back with "no, the ground stab would defeat it". I'd say you're the one with an irrational bias, and you're getting a bug up your arse because people don't agree that le edgy reboot Vergil would just 1-shot Nero and walk off.

It's time to just go VERGIL on this one and stop toying with you like DANTE.

tumblrlpxtml161g1r0f4f2.gif

I've given you several chances to understand and compare notes. It's not a one shot kill it's more like several of these 14 attacks coming at you are going to kill you.

Then you go about saying, "well Nero can just blow away all 14 simultaneous attacks." Meaning, he has the ability to knock back Vergil's doppleganger, Summoned swords, and Vergil himself. Your claim is more outrageous than one move canceling out one of the other. So I ask you since you're not a biased fan...

Why you believe YAMATO, the very sword that turned the Devil Bringer OFF, is no longer capable of doing it again, or defending against it? It can block Rebellion but NOT YAMATO.

Nero is also easy to disarm. Ask Sanctus.

What happens when Nero loses his Devil Bringer against Vergil? The same thing that happened when the Bianco Angelos and Gladius impaled him x6.

Gotta quote Nero on this one. "My options....are...limited."

And to you biased Nero fans who don't know what he's capable of and still chose him as the victor. The show's BEEN over from the beginning. I've could've finished it in one unsheathing.

scruffy_vergil_gif_by_whoppingspider-d6p1f0i.png

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Caiden

It's time to just go VERGIL on this one and stop toying with you like DANTE.

tumblrlpxtml161g1r0f4f2.gif

I've given you several chances to understand and compare notes. It's not a one shot kill it's more like several of these 14 attacks coming at you are going to kill you.

Then you go about saying, "well Nero can just blow away all 14 simultaneous attacks." Meaning, he has the ability to knock back Vergil's doppleganger, Summoned swords, and Vergil himself. Your claim is more outrageous than one move canceling out one of the other. So I ask you since you're not a biased fan...

Why you believe YAMATO, the very sword that turned the Devil Bringer OFF, is no longer capable of doing it again or defending against it?

Nero is also easy to disarm. Ask Sanctus.

What happens when Nero loses his Devil Bringer against Vergil? The same thing that happened when the Bianco Angelos and Gladius impaled him x6.

Gotta quote Nero on this one. "My options....are...limited."

And to you biased Nero fans who don't know what he's capable of and still chose him as the victor. The show's BEEN over from the beginning. I've could've finished it in one unsheathing.​

Oh I see we have reached the point where we just make sh!t up. Nice to see that 7+ attacks turned into 14. Also Yamato didn't turn DB off. There is absolutely no proof of that. It's not like his arm is a lightbulb. Nero has Yamato as well so it's not like Vergil gets an exclusive advantage from just carrying around Yamato.

"What happens when Nero loses his Devil Bringer against Vergil? The same thing that happened when the Bianco Angelos and Gladius impaled him x6." Uses his DT just like when he got impaled by the Angelos.

Easily disarmed? You seem to forget about the part where Sanctus got his ass kicked and then had to use Kyrie as a shield in order to trap Nero.

Cut the biased fan crap. You're not fooling anyone dude.

The Final Offer

Oh I see we have reached the point where we just make sh!t up. Nice to see that 7+ attacks turned into 14. Also Yamato didn't turn DB off. There is absolutely no proof of that. It's not like his arm is a lightbulb. Nero has Yamato as well so it's not like Vergil gets an exclusive advantage from just carrying around Yamato.

"What happens when Nero loses his Devil Bringer against Vergil? The same thing that happened when the Bianco Angelos and Gladius impaled him x6." Uses his DT just like when he got impaled by the Angelos.

Easily disarmed? You seem to forget about the part where Sanctus got his ass kicked and then had to use Kyrie as a shield in order to trap Nero.

Cut the biased fan crap. You're not fooling anyone dude.

tumblr_static_vergil_gif_by_devilmaycryvergil-d5sxe9b.gif

First strike:

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Bringer

"The Devil Bringer is constantly glowing, the strength of the glow appears to be linked to several factors. Those include how much focus Nero is putting into it, Nero's own stamina and emotional state, and presence of some important objects (like Dante or Yamato). It goes out completely only once, when it is stabbed by Yamato, which also had a profound effect on Nero himself."

7+ attacks means exactly that. Seven PLUS however many summoned swords Vergil wants to pin to Nero's body. I thought we were clear on that.

That's your argument cut down in a single strike.

Here's a theory. Since Devil Bringer is his trump card and can be penetrated by Yamato. Wouldn't that mean Yamato could just shred Red Queen in one strike?​

Caiden

tumblr_static_vergil_gif_by_devilmaycryvergil-d5sxe9b.gif

First strike:

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Bringer

"The Devil Bringer is constantly glowing, the strength of the glow appears to be linked to several factors. Those include how much focus Nero is putting into it, Nero's own stamina and emotional state, and presence of some important objects (like Dante or Yamato). It goes out completely only once, when it is stabbed by Yamato, which also had a profound effect on Nero himself."

7+ attacks means exactly that. Seven PLUS however many summoned swords Vergil wants to pin to Nero's body. I thought we were clear on that.

That's your argument cut down in a single strike.

Here's a theory. Since Devil Bringer is his trump card and can be penetrated by Yamato. Wouldn't that mean Yamato could just shred Red Queen in one strike?​

"Had a profound effect on Nero" so when was the part where it said the he lost his DB power?

If Vergil can pin infinite summon swords than so can Nero cause he also has summoned swords. Why would Yamato be able to shred Red Queen? One of the standard order swords blocked Rebellion. And even if it destroyed Red Queen, Nero still has Yamato himself.

The Final Offer

"Had a profound effect on Nero" so when was the part where it said the he lost his DB power?

If Vergil can pin infinite summon swords than so can Nero cause he also has summoned swords. Why would Yamato be able to shred Red Queen? One of the standard order swords blocked Rebellion. And even if it destroyed Red Queen, Nero still has Yamato himself.

You're asking questions you should already have the answers to which would be in my previous post.

When Sanctus stabbed Nero, did the spectral hand disappear instantly or not? When the light in Nero's Devil bringer goes out what do you think that means? You gotta think hard about this one.

Yamato is no longer an obstacle without the devil bringer. I'm glad you're beginning to understand. The doppleganger is what trumps the Yamato. The rest is Vergil and Vergil''s summoned swords penetrating Nero. At this point, Vergil doesn't need anything but two strikes with his Yamato.

Also, if the Devil bringer is cut off or disabled, it can't siphon energy from Yamato nor transfer energy into Blue Rose. If it could, Nero would've done it when Sanctus stabbed through it. Another thing is that Nero can't use Yamato to it's full potential without the DB. So Yamato's DT isn't possible. No summoned swords.

devilmaycry4dx102009123.png

You now have an actual handicapped Nero. He's not faking this time!

Anything else you'd like to know?​

Last edited:

Caiden

You're asking questions you should already have the answers to which would be in my previous post.

When Sanctus stabbed Nero, did the spectral hand disappear instantly or not? When the light in Nero's Devil bringer goes out what do you think that means? You gotta think hard about this one.

Yamato is no longer an obstacle without the devil bringer. I'm glad you're beginning to understand. The doppleganger is what trumps the Yamato. The rest is Vergil and Vergil''s summoned swords penetrating Nero. At this point, Vergil doesn't need anything but two strikes with his Yamato.

Also, if the Devil bringer is cut off or disabled, it can't siphon energy from Yamato nor transfer energy into Blue Rose. If it could, Nero would've done it when Sanctus stabbed through it. Another thing is that Nero can't use Yamato to it's full potential without the DB. So Yamato's DT isn't possible. No summoned swords.

You now have BASE Nero.

Anything else you'd like to know?

You gotta tone it down. Just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you get condescending. Kinda makes you look like an ass.

We didn't see the spectral hand disappear and we can't just assume that the DB has stopped working just cause it's not as bright. There is little proof to back that up. Nero had been generally weakened. You're whole "DB can be turned off like a switch" is a theory with little proof. Not something an entire argument should ride on. You still act like Nero is just going to stand still and take whatever. Hell with your argument it seems like Nero is just telling Vergil how to win.

From your stand point Nero won't even try to fight back so I might as well do the same. Nero grabs Vergil with a giant buster and crushes every bone in his body. Nero wins your arguments are invalid. (I'm being sarcastic).

The Final Offer

You gotta tone it down. Just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you get condescending. Kinda makes you look like an ass.

We didn't see the spectral hand disappear and we can't just assume that the DB has stopped working just cause it's not as bright. There is little proof to back that up. Nero had been generally weakened. You're whole "DB can be turned off like a switch" is a theory with little proof. Not something an entire argument should ride on. You still act like Nero is just going to stand still and take whatever. Hell with your argument it seems like Nero is just telling Vergil how to win.

From your stand point Nero won't even try to fight back so I might as well do the same. Nero grabs Vergil with a giant buster and crushes every bone in his body. Nero wins your arguments are invalid. (I'm being sarcastic).

I know you are and I knew you wouldn't let it go. Here's my source.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Nero#Weapons_.26_Powers

"Nero appears to have a unique connection to the Yamato, as he was the only one capable of repairing the sword completely, which Agnus was unable to do. The sword is also the only item known to be able to damage Devil Bringer; after being stabbed into his right arm, it seemingly drains Devil Bringer of its power and severely weakens Nero himself. Nero also appears to possess some innate skill with the blade, as he is able to use it expertly from the moment he obtains it."​

Congratulations, you've just realized you can't argue with facts.

I just proved it'd be a "one sided curb stomp."

Here's some more of my a**hole-ness: Sanctus dodged the giant hand by teleporting.​

Last edited:

Caiden

I know you are and I knew you wouldn't let it go. Here's my source.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Nero#Weapons_.26_Powers

"Nero appears to have a unique connection to the Yamato, as he was the only one capable of repairing the sword completely, which Agnus was unable to do. The sword is also the only item known to be able to damage Devil Bringer; after being stabbed into his right arm, it seemingly drains Devil Bringer of its power and severely weakens Nero himself. Nero also appears to possess some innate skill with the blade, as he is able to use it expertly from the moment he obtains it."

Congratulations, facts have made you upset.

A fan run wiki is not the place for facts. There is little reason to believe that Nero's DB can just shut down. Seriously dude. Stop being childish about this. It's a discussion board. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you the right to be generally rude and claim people as "Biased fanboys" and "Trolls".

The Final Offer

A fan run wiki is not the place for facts. There is little reason to believe that Nero's DB can just shut down. Seriously dude. Stop being childish about this. It's a discussion board. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you the right to be generally rude and claim people as "Biased fanboys" and "Trolls".

No. But when you don't know your s*** in a voting poll I'm going to call you on it.

Don't pull the biased fanboys and trolls card. We're over that. You're just flat out wrong about everything.

In order to discuss something you have to know about it. I'm certain you just experienced that lesson twice from me.

My advice for you is to not even participate in vs threads.

On top of that, that wiki has source links, and you can go into the cutscenes of the game itself and watch everything unfold and be the judge of Nero's Devil Bringer's activity, the penetration of it, and the "coincidental" draining of Nero's stamina at the same time. Yeah, Nero was like "OUCH I'm gonna take a nap now."

Last edited:

Caiden

No. But when you don't know your s*** in a voting poll I'm going to call you on it.

Don't pull the biased fanboys and trolls card. We're over that. You're just flat out wrong about everything.

In order to discuss something you have to know about it. I'm certain you just experienced that lesson twice from me.

On top of that, that wiki has source links, and you can go into the cutscenes of the game itself and watch everything unfold and be the judge of Nero's Devil Bringer's activity, the penetration of it, and the "coincidental" draining of Nero's stamina at the same time. "Yeah, Nero was like OUCH I wanna take a nap now."

Maybe he lost his stamina from fighting the giant statue, getting nearly crushed in it's grasp, and then stabbed.

I really have nothing left to say at this point. If you're going to continue acting like a three year old then I might as well go talk to a wall. It would be more productive. What's the point if your going to cover your ears and scream "You're wrong" to anyone who even slightly disagrees with you?

I don't expect you to agree to anything I say, but you should still be civil about. If you hold yourself on a high ground of knowledge over anyone who tries to discuss something, then no one will take you seriously.

The Final Offer

Maybe he lost his stamina from fighting the giant statue, getting nearly crushed in it's grasp, and then stabbed.

I really have nothing left to say at this point. If you're going to continue acting like a three year old then I might as well go talk to a wall. It would be more productive. What's the point if your going to cover your ears and scream "You're wrong" to anyone who even slightly disagrees with you?

I don't expect you to agree to anything I say, but you should still be civil about. If you hold yourself on a high ground of knowledge over anyone who tries to discuss something, then no one will take you seriously.

All you've been saying since the First strike is..
TyzKOhp.jpg

Top Bottom