• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

The Final Offer

So mad he double posted.

hey-everyone-come-see-how-good-i-look-gif.gif

The Final Offer

*Sigh* Alright I'll play your little game dude -_-

Oh dear Sparada... Please tell me you're joking?
He broke his will. That's it. Sanctus used Kyrie as a decoy and the savior caught Nero in mid swing as he slowed himself down. He was being crushed and assimilated by it but only lasted so long thanks to will power. Seeing Kredo get killed in front of him and being stabbed in his arm made him realize how pointless it was to struggle and started to give up. Dante even says "You're giving up already kid?" he replies with "My options are limited.", meaning he doesn't have as much fight in him as Dante does. Yamato doesn't have some ability to zap Nero of his power and New Vergil wont get the luxery of stabbing devil bringer anyway because again, he was being held still by the savior.

Oh and another thing. who's to say the rebellion couldn't pierce his arm? Yamato is much thinner. Dante has never attempted to stab him in that exact area (the glowing blue portion) The only time Nero used his arm to block Dante's blows are when the sword was knocked out of his hand; and guess what?
He used his inner wrists.
Point goes to Nero for showing endurance feats that far exceed New Vergils.

LOL going for insults rather than disproving my claim eh? Oh and btw, Vergil still having a hole in his chest really hurts his healing feats here. Nero was stabbed multiple times and in the chest, but it just healed up and he kept on fighting. So the fact that he's stuck in the final stage of a megaman game and is forced to fight his way through pitiful boss monsters makes him the clear winner? Is that your argument?
Point goes to Nero for having better healing feats.

All you said is that New Vergil had been using Yamato since he was a kid; as if it meant something. I guess not :p
Point goes to Nero since you don't really have a point to make

Cute. It has a lot to do with the fact that Vergil can't take a devistating hit the old one (which you claimed he was on the same caliber as) and even more so has never even been shown beating an enemy of high power on his own. But if that's how you want to play well...
Nero fought Dante for an extended amount of time (once with his arm cask and again without it) He fought hoards of demons trying to make his way through and out of Fortuna Castle, survived a blizzard, fought Berial and won, fought Bael and won, was stuck in the containment room full of hundreds of artificial demons that became blades to rain down on him while avoiding the floor when lightning starts shooting from it, fought Agnus, made his way into the jungle, fought more hoards of demons, outran Echidna when she would randomly attack him during his adventure, fought and defeated Echidna, made his way back to the castle in one piece, fought blitz a few times, fought Angelo Credo and won, fought Dante again, dodged some security lasers making his through the castle again, was bombarded by waves of Alto and Bianco Angelo's, fought Angelo Agnus and won, fought Sanctus and the savior at the same time, got absorbed and was having his energy sucked away from him for an extended amount of time, was rescued but instead of resting made his way through more hoards of demons, fought Sanctus Diobolica who was using Sparda's sword and won, jumped from the saviors head, parried the saviors punches before impressively jumping several stories to the saviors head and crushing it, making all of Fortuna rumble from the sheer force of it and lands back on his feet unscratched.... only to fight even more demons only this time, while keeping Kyrie from harm. And not once did we get a cutscene transitioning to the next day to draw the conclusion of him resting between time.

Point goes to Nero.

Yeah no. Dante owned Vergil and over came his DT without using his own until the very end when he stabbed him in the chest and pinned him down. Before then, we were getting little scenes (that broke up game flow) of Vergil rolling around in the dirt after getting hit by Dante a couple of times with Dante saying things like "Sorry brother." He was, as far as it had shown, whooping Vergil the entire fight. He went DT to finish him off but even then Vergil wasn't impressive enough to beat Dante without it. And please tell me how DmC Dante is as skilled as Nero? Because they share some similar abilities? If that's the case then shouldn't DMC4 Dante only be as skilled as DMC3 Vergil since he shares some of vergil's moves while using Yamato himself? See how silly that sounds? He's only as impressive as what he's shown and at this point it isn't much.

Point goes to Nero.

Yeah Yamato is really sharp I get that, but are you actually saying that the holder only needs to know how to swing it to make use of the weapon? Because that's BS bro. Yamato is a powerful weapon but if the person holding the weapon is only halfassed, then the weapon is not at it's capable limits. An example is Vergil in DMC3 and Dante in DMC4. Vergil is powerful no doubt and as a result could cut through demons like a hot knife on butter but when we give the weapon to an older Dante, he's capable of slicing a scraper sized demon gate in two from a distance (something not even DMC3 Vergil has shown being able to do) My point is just because some one uses Yamato doesn't make them a superior in any form as again both Vergil's lost to Dante and his rebellion anyway (in New Vergil's case he got his ass handed to him actually)

Now to address your other points. What are you talking about? Vergil's doppleganger served to only prolong the inevitable. It would block Dante's shots and sword strikes but in no way provided much of a challenge itself. Dante fought sometime against Vergil after he used it. He didn't DT right away. And again, if Dante's DT alone is all it takes to overpower it then it's no more powerful than the lesser demons who float into the air. Oddly enough I tried this out on some boss fights and it had no real effect but making the damage output higher. His doppelgangers a joke at this point. And of course not many of Vergil's enemies had that, all he fought were lesser demons.

Oh no I know exactly why you put these down as facts :happy:
large.gif

With that last bit. I await my next challenger.

Top Bottom