• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
dmc__vergils_attacks__gif9__by_nerodeangelo-d5l8p3i.gif

Table Hopper Defeated.
?

Caiden

Yah table hopper doesn't have a cooldown right? It's not like after the three he just sits there and takes it. Also I was just playing around a bit and watching a few combo vids. Turns out that their physical speeds are around the same. Vergil is not faster by much of a margin if any. In fact one motion of table hopper is just as fast as Vergil's teleport.

The teleport with summoned swords isn't that impressive seeing as how Nero can grab Vergil faster than he could get hit by a sword.

"But wait Caiden! Vergil has more range!"

True but Nero and Dante showed that they can shot each others bullets out of mid air. So it would not be at all difficult for him to shoot something much larger and slower.

Nero can also attack in multiple directions with his DT, use both Yamato and Red Queen at the same time, has multiple ranged demonic attacks just like Vergil does, WAY more physical strength like not even comparable, and the Exxced system.

Let me repeat that I am not saying Nero wins. I am simply saying that it is not a one sided fight at all.

The Final Offer

What does that prove against all I've said?

Nero is slow when doing table hopper. He even pauses after each dash and it's distance isn't even good enough to get out of Angel style.

Yah table hopper doesn't have a cooldown right? It's not like after the three he just sits there and takes it. Also I was just playing around a bit and watching a few combo vids. Turns out that their physical speeds are around the same. Vergil is not faster by much of a margin if any. In fact one motion of table hopper is just as fast as Vergil's teleport.

The teleport with summoned swords isn't that impressive seeing as how Nero can grab Vergil faster than he could get hit by a sword.

"But wait Caiden! Vergil has more range!"

True but Nero and Dante showed that they can shot each others bullets out of mid air. So it would not be at all difficult for him to shoot something much larger and slower.

Nero can also attack in multiple directions with his DT, use both Yamato and Red Queen at the same time, has multiple ranged demonic attacks just like Vergil does, WAY more physical strength like not even comparable, and the Exxced system.

Let me repeat that I am not saying Nero wins. I am simply saying that it is not a one sided fight at all.

I think when I said that Vergil can attack 7 times simultaneously (not including the surrounding spiral swords activating), I think you got lost.

There is too much s*** happening for Nero to dodge, block, or even comprehend anything other than being f*****.

Vergil's demon stance is meant to break defenses.

How and what else can Nero use against that kind of assault?

Caiden

Nero is slow when doing table hopper. He even pauses after each dash and it's distance isn't even good enough to get out of Angel style.

I think when I said that Vergil can attack 7 times simultaneously (not including the surrounding spiral swords activating), I think you got lost.

There is too much s*** happening for Nero to dodge, block, or even comprehend anything other than being f*****.

You really thing Vergil's demon stance can cut through Nero's defense? He blocked Rebellion multiple times. Rebellion is a Claymore which means it was invented to devastate defenses. He also punched away the saviors fist. Do you remember the Credo fight? Where he was throwing summoned swords, teleporting and attacking at the same time. Nero handled himself just fine.

If you watched the vid you would see that Nero dodged a lot more than seven times. we have already seen Nero fight multiple fast moving enemies that surrounded him and he got out of it just fine.

The Final Offer

You really thing Vergil's demon stance can cut through Nero's defense? He blocked Rebellion multiple times. Rebellion is a Claymore which means it was invented to devastate defenses. He also punched away the saviors fist. Do you remember the Credo fight? Where he was throwing summoned swords, teleporting and attacking at the same time. Nero handled himself just fine.

If you watched the vid you would see that Nero dodged a lot more than seven times. we have already seen Nero fight multiple fast moving enemies that surrounded him and he got out of it just fine.

Caiden. Seriously. Simultaneously means AT THE SAME TIME.

Nero can block Vergil's demon stance. So what about the other 6 attacks that would've connected at the same time or in the vicinity of a millisecond behind Vergil's attack.

Skip to 2:15

Last edited:

Caiden

DBZ movies are a terrible example of anything. I love DBZ but the movies just say f*** it to the canon of the series. Anyway, Nero's DT can also attack simultaneously and he can also use summoned swords. So yeah.

Like I said earlier Nero has been in multiple situations where he was being attacked from all directions (Most of the enemy encounters threw out the entire game) and he is still kicking.

The Final Offer

DBZ movies are a terrible example of anything. I love DBZ but the movies just say f*** it to the canon of the series. Anyway, Nero's DT can also attack simultaneously and he can also use summoned swords. So yeah.

Like I said earlier Nero has been in multiple situations where he was being attacked from all directions (Most of the enemy encounters threw out the entire game) and he is still kicking.

1363588445823567319.GIF

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Forget it, man. Some people are just too in love with the old DMC to ever admit that their heroes would lose. At least I admitted the possibility of the characters I liked losing (given the right circumstances, that is).

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam

It shows Nero dodging a multi hit attack. Nero has invincibility frames coming out of TH, and can then do another one directly after it.

Demon stance wouldn't even dent the Buster arm - he blocked a stinger from DMC4 Dante with that damn thing.

Forget it, man. Some people are just too in love with the old DMC to ever admit that their heroes would lose. At least I admitted the possibility of the characters I liked losing (given the right circumstances, that is).
Nope. I think the original series is infinitely better than DmC, but if you look at page 4 you'll see I posted this:
Vergil>Vorgel>Dante(DMC3)>Donte>Nero
in terms of who should win a fight

AcidX_Y

It shows Nero dodging a multi hit attack. Nero has invincibility frames coming out of TH, and can then do another one directly after it.

Demon stance wouldn't even dent the Buster arm - he blocked a stinger from DMC4 Dante with that damn thing.

Nope. I think the original series is infinitely better than DmC, but if you look at page 4 you'll see I posted this:
Vergil>Vorgel>Dante(DMC3)>Donte>Nero
in terms of who should win a fight
Then why are you still argue that Nero would win?

Caiden

I'm not. I'm arguing against his "Nero has no chance and would be insta-ripped" stance that isn't backed up by anything. For example; that Vorgel's ground stab would defeat Nero's table hopper.

I hate that these Versus threads pop up and we get people saying that "A has no chance against B". If were talking in terms of DMC3 Dante, Vergil, Nero, DmC Dante, and DmC Vergil, they all have a fair chance against one another. None of those fights would be completely one sided.

The Final Offer

You can go on about what Nero can do and I'll have a comeback for it. If you don't have anything for Nero to use, then yes, I believe Nero isn't going to be able to handle 7+ attacks simultaneously. He wouldn't be capable of shooting, slicing, or jumping without interruption. It'd all be about him dodging a few attacks and getting harmed by the others.

What I'm getting from you guys is disbelief. You can't believe DmC Vergil is so capable.

I'm being fair with everything. If Nero could win, I'd simply tell you how. I see no way of him winning against a barrage of attacks that can be generated again (1sec) and in multiple ways with multiple elements.

Here, maybe you don't know what Nero's up against.

Now here's what Vergil's up against.

Last edited:
Top Bottom