• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Of course they wouldn't do those tricks on you because that would make the boss battle annoying.

Check your facts. Both of them did teleportation tricks and both battles can be annoying precisely because of that (though Credo at least doesn't cheat except for random teleports, which makes his battle bearable).

Last edited:

Caiden

Oh look at me. Throwing things out there I know nothing about. :D Sounds like trolling right Caiden?

Vergil cleansed an entire area of Limbo. He can make rifts. He's a Nephilim, we've talked about this before Caiden.

Really don't know what else to tell you.

You really need to look up the definition of trolling. Was anything I posted wrong? And so what is Vergil cleansed an entire area of Limbo. That just means he killed a whole bunch of demons which is something that almost Everyone in DMC has done. I don't see how rifts matters at all, it would be the same as his dodge but slower. And Nephilim does not equal win. We did talk about anything, you just spouted nonsense.

Let's not start this again. If you hadn't noticed a mod closed the last thread you did this in.

The Final Offer

You really need to look up the definition of trolling. Was anything I posted wrong? And so what is Vergil cleansed an entire area of Limbo. That just means he killed a whole bunch of demons which is something that almost Everyone in DMC has done. I don't see how rifts matters at all, it would be the same as his dodge but slower. And Nephilim does not equal win. We did talk about anything, you just spouted nonsense.

Let's not start this again. If you hadn't noticed a mod closed the last thread you did this in.

Dude, you got that thread closed.

:/

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Are you saying that Sanctus would kill Nero if we weren't playing as him? Also Table hopper is different from trickster. At it's top level Nero can get behind his enemy once you make the full three movements. Credo flies all over the place on DMD. Once you get his health low he does not go easy on you at all.

The video speed is slightly increased but I think the vid still does pretty well of showing the speed Nero is capable of.
Table hopper needs 3 movements to get behind an enemy while New Vergil only needs one to get close to and behind enemies. and again that's just trickster for Nero.

Once again Credos is just a boss NPC so he's not gonna do any real difficult teleporting.

This still doesn't prove for a second that Nero would last against New Vergil.

Caiden

Table hopper needs 3 movements to get behind an enemy while New Vergil only needs one to get close to and behind enemies. and again that's just trickster for Nero.

Once again Credos is just a boss NPC so he's not gonna do any real difficult teleporting.

This still doesn't prove for a second that Nero would last against New Vergil.

Vergil has a lag time coming out of his teleport. He doesn't instantly attack. Also I think Vergil is faster but just not to the point where it's an instant victory. Again Nero has table hopper which gives him enough mobility to not fall terribly behind. Grouped with his greater strength, endurance, and defense he has got a good chance. A fight like this all comes down to who makes the first mistake.

Caiden

To be fair, I actually can't ever remember seeing NV getting behind an enemy in one move... what's the move in question called?

Well he can use his dodge to get behind them but it has a fixed distance so you can over shoot them. The best tactic for getting behind an enemy would be to dodge behind them and then use an angel mode summon sword.

Caiden

I just thought of how Nero can beat Vergil. Just stand near an edge and when Vergil teleports he will fall right off :D

JK

Caiden

Vergil's teleportation along with the rapid slash canceling is fast enough to catch Nero off guard who relies on strength and force just like Dante does.

Not sure about that. We already know he has high reaction time. Blocking the attack from the first Angelo he encounters, Countered Sanctus who telepoted behind him. Dodged and blocked various Angelo's as they flew around him, blocked Credo as he attacked from behind.

I'm not going to say that this is a clear win for anyone but I don't think this will end so easily. Both are proficient fighters and I think this fight will all come down to who makes the first mistake.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
his human side gives him a disadvantage against an angel/demon hybrid.
Who says? Dante accepts his human side and Vergil doesn't, this results in Dante winning by the end of the games (1/3-Nelo/Vergil) even though Vergil is clearly the better swordsmen, is much more proficient with his DT, and is much more in tune with his demon side. Who says the human side won't be an advantage to Nero or DMC3 Dante vs Donte/Vorgel?
It could be argued that angels in DmC aren't based on Abrahamic religions; Mundus was the one who outlawed the 2 groups mixing, not any sort of "God" figure; they aren't benevolent as they don't save humans from demons, despite the fact that they are capable fighters (angel weapons, angels/demons supposedly at war, etc.). They could just be 2 warring tribes with different fighting styles, but overall being of a similar mindset, which could mean being half human and half demon would be an advantage against them.

AcidX_Y

Who says? Dante accepts his human side and Vergil doesn't, this results in Dante winning by the end of the games (1/3-Nelo/Vergil) even though Vergil is clearly the better swordsmen, is much more proficient with his DT, and is much more in tune with his demon side. Who says the human side won't be an advantage to Nero or DMC3 Dante vs Donte/Vorgel?
It could be argued that angels in DmC aren't based on Abrahamic religions; Mundus was the one who outlawed the 2 groups mixing, not any sort of "God" figure; they aren't benevolent as they don't save humans from demons, despite the fact that they are capable fighters (angel weapons, angels/demons supposedly at war, etc.). They could just be 2 warring tribes with different fighting styles, but overall being of a similar mindset, which could mean being half human and half demon would be an advantage against them.
It wasn't Mundus who outlawed it, they existed before but were hunted for being a threat to both heaven and hell. The fact that they were hunted and extinct for potentially being too powerful says it all. How would being half human be an advantage as opposed to half angel?

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
It wasn't Mundus who outlawed it, they existed before but were hunted for being a threat to both heaven and hell. The fact that they were hunted and extinct for potentially being too powerful says it all. How would being half human be an advantage as opposed to half angel?
They were hunted to extinction by Mundus' forces because he feared them, and he outlawed the mixing of the 2 groups to stop any more being born. There were angels there when Eva died, none of them saw fit to murder Donte.

How is being half human an advantage in the original series? Logically it makes no sense. It's constantly shown in DMC that even the most powerful humans are only able to take on the very bottom tier demons, yet Dante embracing his humanity allowed him to defeat his clearly superior twin, toy with extremely powerful demons and even kill the demon king. Logic.

That being said the whole "angel/demon hybrids are the only thing that can kill Mundus" thing was stupid anyway. If that's true then why the hell are angels even bothering to go to war with the demons? They may as well just align with Mundus since they can never defeat him.

On topic, but slightly off topic:
Vergil>Vorgel>Dante(DMC3)>Donte>Nero
Going by feats of power/skill displayed that's how I'd rank it. Now obviously Dante/Donte have to win because they're the protagonists, but consider this, both Vergil incarnations are; better swordsmen, better with magic, more adept at using DT, and more knowledgeable about the supernatural than their respective Dantes. It's the Star Wars syndrome; the one that should logically win has to lose, because storyline.

DMC4 Dante would of course knock all of them out, probably at the same time, at which point DMC2 Dante flies in and nukes everything with his ridiculous super-DT form and then goes for pizza, which he orders in sign language because talking isn't cool :tongue:

The Final Offer

To be fair, I actually can't ever remember seeing NV getting behind an enemy in one move... what's the move in question called?

He got behind Dante in one move in a cutscene. It's now obvious that he doesn't need a spiral sword to teleport when he's ****ed.

dmc__vergils_attacks__gif9__by_nerodeangelo-d5l8p3i.gif

Table Hopper Defeated.

dmc__vergils_attacks__gif4__by_nerodeangelo-d5l8p36.gif

Nero's Speed defeated.

dmc__vergils_attacks_by_nerodeangelo-d5l7tk4.gif

Nero's evasive moves defeated.

dmc__vergils_attacks__gif5__by_nerodeangelo-d5l8p37.gif

Anything else Nero defeated.​

Last edited:

Caiden

I dont see how any of that makes sense. Table hopper is specificly meant to dodge an attack before it connects. So Nero dodges before the shockwave goes out and is still in motion so he dodges the follow up. I don't know what you mean by Nero's speed defeated. Table hopper is his speed also Nero would be able to side roll by the time Vergil got out of his teleport, the side roll animation is just as fast. Nero would have to be a dumbass to just walk straight into Vergil's Judgement cut as he is charging it. In fact Nero's arm could just block the strike before it follow through. Nero dodged Credo's javelins which move just as fast as a summon sword and as Dante showed during his fight with Vergil his summon swords can be shot before they strike.

I feel like you are acting as if Nero is just going to stand there and just let himself get hit.

The Final Offer

I dont see how any of that makes sense. Table hopper is specificly meant to dodge an attack before it connects. So Nero dodges before the shockwave goes out and is still in motion so he dodges the follow up. I don't know what you mean by Nero's speed defeated. Table hopper is his speed also Nero would be able to side roll by the time Vergil got out of his teleport, the side roll animation is just as fast. Nero would have to be a dumbass to just walk straight into Vergil's Judgement cut as he is charging it. In fact Nero's arm could just block the strike before it follow through. Nero dodged Credo's javelins which move just as fast as a summon sword and as Dante showed during his fight with Vergil his summon swords can be shot before they strike.

I feel like you are acting as if Nero is just going to stand there and just let himself get hit.

What I'm saying is Vergil can strike more than six times. Nero only moves three times and at that his speed isn't even comparable to Vergil's.

So. Spiral sword -> Activate table hopper -> Spiral sword -> table hopper 2 -> Spiral sword -> table hopper 3 -> Spiral sword.

In short, Spiral swords and what Vergil can do with them will forever trump Nero's evade and defenses.

Vergil's follow ups are there EVEN if blocked. More pressure on Nero is the doppleganger's speed which surpasses Nero as well, he'd have to keep up with Spiral swords surrounding him and attacking at any time, a doppleganger that's attacking, Vergil's ability to teleport NERO with spiral swords, Vergil's Yamato attacks, and Vergil's teleport.

All at the same time.

Heh Nero winning...

conanhasnoidea.gif

Top Bottom