• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Considering they are from two different game worlds, I'm not sure.

As a Nephilim, new Vergil is very powerful and in his universe was said to the only thing to kill a demon king. Nero on the other hand was half human and half demon, and he was only just learning his powers VS Vergil who had a good mastery of his powers in both combat and magic. New Vergil also went totally evil by the end of downfall and now has some kind of demon army, as well as his fully awakened powers.

I guess if Nero honed his powers more, he'd be able to put up a fight, but he's a rookie and his human side gives him a disadvantage against an angel/demon hybrid. So I guess I'd say new Vergil would win considering the points I stated.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it be a close fight i think nero would have physicallity over vergil as the buster gives him a big advantage and he did get better with yamato at the end of the game..plus hes a quick fighter and pretty adaptable..idk it be close one on one i think nero would give vergil a could run for his money

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
yep he also has an angel and demon mode for yamato with there own moves he also has no human in him at all and is almost as skilled and fast as old vergil and he has way more yamato moves than him that and the power up he gets at the end of downfall means nero is going down but not without a fight

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
yep he also has an angel and demon mode for yamato with there own moves he also has no human in him at all and is almost as skilled and fast as old vergil and he has way more yamato moves than him that and the power up he gets at the end of downfall means nero is going down but not without a fight

i hope it would atleast be a decent fight

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It would be the devil bringer Devi trigger and original yamato would mean Nero could do him some serious damage but vergils speed and skills and other abilities would give him the win plus he s calculated in fights Nero tries to use brute force t win so he would be slower and easier to read

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It would be the devil bringer Devi trigger and original yamato would mean Nero could do him some serious damage but vergils speed and skills and other abilities would give him the win plus he s calculated in fights Nero tries to use brute force t win so he would be slower and easier to read

Yah that makes sense too..damn nero is at such a disadvantage

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
he would win if vergil wasn't a nephilim I am positive of it nero in his own rights is a powerhouse but everyone compares him to old/classic dante which is isn't fair after dmc3 as he would slaughter him but nero would kick a lot of other characters asses if he fought em including reboot vergil if he was a hybrid again and not a nephilim

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
he would win if vergil wasn't a nephilim I am positive of it nero in his own rights is a powerhouse but everyone compares him to old/classic dante which is isn't fair after dmc3 as he would slaughter him but nero would kick a lot of other characters asses if he fought em including reboot vergil if he was a hybrid again and not a nephilim

See that i agree with also i cant think of one demon that dante has faced that nero couldnt beat as well i mean okay mundus and arkham might be a problem and original vergil also might be an issue but beyond that i cant think of anyone else

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
he mite do well against arkham but mundus would destroy him so would nelo angelo the despair embodied and Abigail but the demon generals would fall to nero ya no problem maybe not all but most of em

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
dmc3 vergil would beat him but it wouldn't be a slaughter it would be similar to dante and vergils first fight on top of the tower a lengthy battle but vergil would win

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If we're talking DmC Vergil vs Nero.....then Nero.

For starters DmC Vergil isn't fast that is teleportation.

Also by rules of OBD (Original Battlegrounds Domain) feats are measured by feats displayed during cutscenes or to a small extent gameplay (meaning their general moveset and how they work in combat rather than how players, a factor not included in OBD, can manipulate them.

Plus victor or who is stronger is determined by their feats and capabilities not their heritage or standing in their universe considering different universes have different rules.

Plus when addressing OBD fights one must measure the feats they displayed. Post Downfall Vergil has yet to display his "new found" power for all we know all he unlocked was the ability to control demons and the same can apply to Nero. So we're mainly using the feats they displayed until we see more of what they're capable of.

Now accessing who are superior one must access 4 factors. Speed, Durability, Power/Strength, Skill/Experience.

Speed: Speed is something the DMC franchise was heavy on versus DmC and characters like Dante could move at blinding speed and who did Nero go toe to toe with. Dante in DMC4 and by then Dante could be classified as Mass Hypersonic+ (Mass Hypersonic++ by DMC2) and the fact Nero not only was able to fight toe to toe with Dante, even if he lost the 2nd time and Dante was playing around that is still severely impressive, and was able to blitz him TWICE and was dodging close range bullets all with ONE arm is also more impressive. Making Nero a Supersonic at least maybe Supersonic+ in ODB terms. Plus with moves like Table Hopper and Shuffle Nero can quickly evade an attack and deliver a really quick and efficient counter attack. Plus Nero defeated opponents like Credo who move and attack at supersonic speeds making Credo Supersonic+ or Hypersonic so even if Nero's speed isn't impressive he can easily defeat (it looked like a curbstomp) guys faster than him.....that aren't Dante. Plus their was Sanctus who can teleport and Nero beat the sh*t out of him twice and the second time he had the Sword of Sparda so he had a significant power boost. DmC Vergil's movement is more teleportation than actual speed since it resembles Nightcrawler teleportation effect but in terms of speed in cutscenes and even gameplay DmC Dante has shown off far better speed and reflexives than Vergil although I do give Vergil credit that he is a bit faster than DmC Dante since he did blitz him ONCE in their fight and has shown to display quick movement during gameplay on a basic level. Speed is something that is very underwhelming in DmC and outside Vergil and the Dreamrunners but those can't compare to DMC4 Dante, Credo, and the Blitz (who could be faster than Dante) all opponents Nero could handle (except Dante). DmC Vergil is fast (the fastest in his series thus far) but I think in terms of speed though I wouldn't say Nero is better or faster but whatever speed DmC Vergil has Nero could easily handle it. But I give Vergil credit of the fact he can easily deflect bullets with his sword like the original Vergil and parry a lot of attacks.

Durability: This is a tough one. Both went through a similar situation of getting stabbed and getting knocked out and waking up to unlock some new power although the sword Nero got stabbed by was bigger. I say tie both were on the brink of death but came back stronger than ever although Nero got up much quicker plus whatever predicament Nero is he can DT out and summon that spectral demon to get him up quickly. Then there is vitality and stamina. I'm not really sure but Nero has shown great stamina he was able to fight Dante and win, face demons, fight and defeat Berial, face more demons, fight and defeat Bael, fight more demons and defeat an Angelo, fight and defeat Echinda, fight more demons, fight and defeat Credo, defeat an Alto Angelo, fought and defeated Agnus, fought Dante again, fought Sanctus and would win but got absorbed, and when he was freed you'd think he'll be exhausted or drained from being used to power up the Savior but damn he came in there and whooped everyone's ass and destroyed Sanctus and still had enough energy to finish off the Savior all back to back with almost no break. Not saying DmC Vergil could display a strong case of stamina and vitality but even DmC Dante did everything in moderation and day by day and not under a case of a couple hours like the plot of DMC4.

Power/Strength: Nero hands down. He even surpasses old Dante and old Vergil in this category. He was able to kill Bael just by slamming him hard enough and even punched back an entire an entire army of Bael/Dagons with a fist.....a SIMPLE PUNCH. Lets not forget he crushed the Saviors face and killed it while Dante could barely leave a dent. Plus Dante needed to Devil Trigger to soak in the damage of his punches so that implies or shows that Nero isn't to be f*cked with. Plus lets not forget that spirit that hover above him also attacks in conjunction so you're really getting slashed and punched like double the impact. I really don't need to cover Vergil in this one.

Skill/Experience: Nero may be a rookie well more a novice since he's been Devil Hunting for years already. He is more skilled and well trained at combat than the Nephilim brothers since he actually took lessons and training from a general for the Order of the Sword. Plus his swordsmenship is better than DmC Vergil. He may have recently got Yamato whereas DmC Vergil had it since childhood and in Downfall has shown to be quite skilled with it but he wield it quite skillfully and excellent I must add being able to dual wield it with Red Queen for a while and even when he isn't using Yamato the inner Devil is using it while Nero fights alongside the Devil so Vergil would be facing 2 people in one body at once. Plus due to the nature of Red Queen and its rev system being able to anticipate his next attack would be really difficult for Vergil making Nero's fighting style a bit more difficult to read granted for Vergil it may be a bit more straight forward but the demon and angel modes if Vergil uses them right could be used to his advantage. However, Nero was able to go toe to toe with Dante in a sword clash and can overpower him by using his devil arm (both cutscenes and gameplay) and he even defeated his teacher Credo quite easily too. Plus Nero is also skilled at hand to hand combat and various wrestling moves I mean those piledrivers and body slams don't come out of nowhere so if he is disabled or not using his sword he can just grab Vergil and piledrive him off a building (I kid) or punch the sh*t out of him. Nero is extremely well trained and well experienced. Plus Nero is just severely deadly and brutal.....no DmC Dante isn't brutal he is nice and soft compared to a dude who grabs his opponent slams them into the ground, proceeds to drag their body on the ground in a circle then throws them in the air, do spinning seismic body slam and the then stabs them with a bunch of swords before scrapping them away (poor Agnus) or better yet pick up a large demon by the face and deliver a series of extremely fast paced slashes and then slams him only to uppercut him sending him into the air and sending him flying with another punch (Berial) or better yet stab a demon in their gut and rev up his sword while inside their guts and not even yank it out he goes through the demon. Plus with how Neros's Red Queen and Blue Rose is designed and his sheer unorthodox combat style Nero is very efficient and precise on how he fights although DmC Vergil is more precise than his brother but still rather straight forward.

Although in terms of abilities Vergil has the Doppleganger and that gives him an edge but the way the Doppleganger functioned in Downfall isn't his TRUE Doppleganger considering the events of Downfall were in his head and that was stripped away version of his Doppleganger and his TRUE Doppleganger is how they functioned in his boss fight in the main campaign. That is one major advantage DmC Vergil has over Nero but other than that they're either equal in other stuff or Nero is better in most categories.

I'm sure it would be a tough fight but Nero might emerged victorious. I mean Vergil may be on his way to become a demon emperor but Nero has fought and defeated people who were practically Devil Kings (Berial and Sanctus Diabolitica/Savior) quite easily.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
true but I stated that post downfall vergil would probably win if its pre downfall then I would give it to nero and vergil seemed to know about his powers and heritagelong before dante in the main game so who knows how many years he was honing his skills for but In raw strength of course nero wins im not sure other than that

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
true but I stated that post downfall vergil would probably win if its pre downfall then I would give it to nero and vergil seemed to know about his powers and heritagelong before dante in the main game so who knows how many years he was honing his skills for but In raw strength of course nero wins im not sure other than that

Well since Dante was doing most of the work and the fact Mundus captured Vergil quite easily and another fact that Dante defeated Vergil as well.

Plus when Dante said he was stronger he was telling the truth plus the way he hold Yamato and use it especially when he stabbed Mundus.....
damon__s_smirk_by_startist27-d35yhpz.gif

He even said he spent most of his time hacking computers as his passion or hobby so I don't think he spent much of his time honing whereas DmC Dante was constantly fighting he may not have been well trained but he was doing a lot of fighting in his time and its better than no/little experience and even Nero spent his time honing his skills and developing his fighting style compared to DmC Vergil.

Plus Nero adapts and masters new things rather quickly like he only got his demon arm like a week or a few days before the story for DMC4 started and he already is using it like a pro as if he had it for years now and is very capable with using Yamato despite just getting it.

Plus the reason why his fighting style with Yamato isn't as well fined or seems that way as both Vergil's is because he isn't using Iaido but instead is using it like Red Queen or a standard katana. I think even if they develop his fighting style with Yamato he won't have the same moveset as Vergil but uses a fighting style completely different from Iaido.

Plus one point I missed is the fact that Nero is very clever and quick on his feat/brain when he isn't enraged and calm like when he fought Sanctus for the last time and tricked him with tossing Yamato and one uping him in the split second.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wanna say new Vergil.

New Vergil has not only the speed to surpass Nero, but that strength of demon mode and the swiftness of angel mode to brush right through Nero. Plus Nero was able to stand toe to toe with Dante in DMC4. Dante isn't Vergil. And if new Vergil is just as fast as old Vergil, then I don't see Nero being able to catch him with his poor man's swordsmanship. Of course that DB might be a problem for new Vergil because of how quick Nero is able to snatch enemies.

I wanna say new Vergil....but knowing this forum, meh, I'll give it to Nero just to make the fanbase here happy.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wanna say new Vergil.

New Vergil has not only the speed to surpass Nero, but that strength of demon mode and the swiftness of angel mode to brush right through Nero. Plus Nero was able to stand toe to toe with Dante in DMC4. Dante isn't Vergil. And if new Vergil is just as fast as old Vergil, then I don't see Nero being able to catch him with his poor man's swordsmanship. Of course that DB might be a problem for new Vergil because of how quick Nero is able to snatch enemies.

I wanna say new Vergil....but knowing this forum, meh, I'll give it to Nero just to make the fanbase here happy.

Yeah DMC4 Dante isn't Vergil. DMC4 Dante is far stronger and even faster than Vergil (in DMC3 which you said DmC Vergil is about as fast as). The fact that Dante in DMC3 was able to defeat Vergil at the end of DMC3 and 10+ years later Dante has not only defeated Mundus, something Vergil failed to do, and became stronger and faster meaning Nero was able to go toe to toe with someone who is far better than the Vergil we know at that point. So that really doesn't help your case.

I really wouldn't call Nero's swordsmanship "poor man" he actually got legit training and if he can go toe to toe with DMC4 Dante who is practically a Sword Master that says a lot about his swordsmanship.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Has everyone forgot Dante was toying with him in dmc4 who is to say they would be even in swordsmanship if Dante too the fight serious and wanted to wipe out nero

Top Bottom