• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
All i wanted is for my man Vergil to have a story, on how Nero was born, if he is still alive, who is the mother and Etc.

Sooo many questions.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
vlcsnap_2015_04_24_13h21m27s828.png

11181463_920258894683870_305444521_o.jpg

SEEMS FISHY CAPCOM, I HOPE YOU BETTER EXPLAIN THIS ****.
Do we see her in any other cutscene? Or more than one person with the same clothing? And most importantly; does she die anywhere in the game?
If only we had enough material... Geez, thinking about stuff without any way to proofcheck makes me nervous.

Viper

Premium
Do we see her in any other cutscene? Or more than one person with the same clothing? And most importantly; does she die anywhere in the game?
If only we had enough material... Geez, thinking about stuff without any way to proofcheck makes me nervous.
I think I saw that same red dress in couple of more places in the Opera House and outside, but with all the commotion, since it happens after Dante attacks and then when demons appear, it's hard to claim with 100% certainty if it's more than one woman or one moving around a lot.

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword

I'm more nervous about Capcom ****ing it up, I don't want her to die but i don't know (If she dies then this may add to the fuel of Vergil's hate of weakness as he cannot defend his own mother, he even can't defend his own Lover )

Wuodan

I think I saw that same red dress in couple of more places in the Opera House and outside, but with all the commotion, since it happens after Dante attacks and then when demons appear, it's hard to claim with 100% certainty if it's more than one woman or one moving around a lot.
I just checked the cutscene where Dante kills Sanctus and there are a lot more women in the same outfit. Interestingly, one of them is sitting right in front of Nero while others are at the corners of the room. I don't think that has any significance though.

My guess is that woman in red isn't Nero's mom at all. She maybe merely just noticed Vergil, looked at him and moved on. It's Capcom toying with us.

Viper

Premium
I just checked the cutscene where Dante kills Sanctus and there are a lot more women in the same outfit. Interestingly, one of them is sitting right in front of Nero while others are at the corners of the room. I don't think that has any significance though.
It could be the thing I mentioned in an earlier post, that they dress according to age, and young available women get to wear red (with exclusion of Kyrie for her high status in the Order).

Wuodan

It could be the thing I mentioned in an earlier post, that they dress according to age, and young available women get to wear red (with exclusion of Kyrie for her high status in the Order).
You might be right. If only we had some knowledge about Order's hierarchy...

Veloran

It's Capcom toying with us.
Capcom toying with us on this would necessitate that they animated that lady turning around for no real reason. In fact, they would have had to add in that entire crowd even though it served no purpose in the slightest beyond that chick being there to see Vergil.

If it was really a pointless diversion, do you really think they would have animated anything whatsoever after Vergil retrieving his cloak? That would have been the perfect point to cut the scene otherwise.

Wuodan

I think I'll try to recreate the opening with whatever footage we have. If I'm correct, there's at least a minute more to intro cutscene from what we've seen.
@Veloran You have a point... Gosh I'm so confused right now.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Well, that's a vague cutscene... and it might've indeed been cut too. I don't know why people assume the woman in red is Vergil's love interest, she might as easily be working for the Order of the Sword, and recognized Vergil because she studied the stories of Sparda and his twin sons. Maybe she knows it's Vergil from what little of his clothing she might've seen. Maybe Vergil didn't want to have sex with a human, maybe he didn't want a human son, maybe Nero is somehow just an experiment, and Sanctus only *assumed* Nero is Vergil's biological son.

Who knows? Red, btw, was a clothing color that was inexpensive to make. So yeah, it could be a social status thing, but why is that important? She just looks like a civilian who might work for the Order. No reason to think she's a prostitute. Heck, for all we know the woman could be a demon masquerading as a human - we know that some demons could assume a human form. On a side-note, I always thought the main reason why Nero wore red and blue was because he represented a kind of modern-day Sparda. Sparda wore purple, the derivatives of purple are blue (Vergil) and red (Dante). I saw Nero as a kind of combination of Vergil and Dante.

I don't know, it's a teaser - not much we can infer from it.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A succubus seeking Sparda's lineage for a mysterious purpose, finds a wandering son of Sparda, where he falls victim to a spell that allows the demon to rape him. To conceive a child for a future plan she will set in to motion.

Just spitballin ideas for funzies.

Viper

Premium
Succubus is generally considered not being able to get pregnant, hence why demonology has cooked up that scheme with her stealing seed from human men, then incubus using it to impregnate human women.
Also, Nero was said to have been more human than Dante.

Reactions: Gel

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Not like Devil May Cry was ever that accurate when it came to the mythology. Anyway, it's all fiction in my book. Do what you want with it.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Succubus is generally considered not being able to get pregnant, hence why demonology has cooked up that scheme with her stealing seed from human men, then incubus using it to impregnate human women.
Also, Nero was said to have been more human than Dante.
Who said all female demons are succubi? I'm not saying she's a succubus or anything.

More human than Dante? In what regard? I know people assume Nero is only 1/4 demon, but for all we know Nero's lack of power isn't related to how much demonic blood he's got. I don't think anybody knows exactly how demonic he is, it's just speculation. If the artwork is to be believed, it might be that Nero is actually a half-demon just like Dante and Vergil... though I know nobody said only half-demons can have a full Devil Trigger.

Veloran

You have a point... Gosh I'm so confused right now.
It seems pretty straightforward, honestly. They used a preexisting model to avoid developing an entirely new one. I mean, why make a whole new character model when you can just put a new head on one you already have, if even that?

Viper

Premium
Who said all female demons are succubi? I'm not saying she's a succubus or anything.

More human than Dante? In what regard? I know people assume Nero is only 1/4 demon, but for all we know Nero's lack of power isn't related to how much demonic blood he's got. I don't think anybody knows exactly how demonic he is, it's just speculation. If the artwork is to be believed, it might be that Nero is actually a half-demon just like Dante and Vergil... though I know nobody said only half-demons can have a full Devil Trigger.
My post wasn't reply to you, but to Chancey.

More human in regard to genetics. However, while I keep hearing it around, and could swear I read it somewhere, I don't remember where, so leave it at unknown.

Top Bottom