• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

Khundy

Berserker
What do you mean? It was just a full Devil Trigger for Nero.
yeah it is but I think he's gotta go through the other stages of the transformation like Dante and Vergil's DT, like the larva forms in 3. Witch they do have with this upcoming Vergil. Nero's final form DT looks like it belongs to Vergil respectively.

vergil_majin_img02.png

Veloran

yeah it is but I think he's gotta go through the other stages of the transformation like Dante and Vergil's DT, like the larva forms in 3. Witch they do have with this upcoming Vergil. Nero's final form DT looks like it belongs to Vergil respectively.

vergil_majin_img02.png
Larva form? What? They were just normal Devil Triggers.

As for Nero's DT, it bears some resemblance to Vergil's DT and Nelo Angelo, but overall it's his own thing. I do like how it incorporates his hoodie.

Khundy

Berserker
Larva form? What? They were just normal Devil Triggers.

As for Nero's DT, it bears some resemblance to Vergil's DT and Nelo Angelo, but overall it's his own thing. I do like how it incorporates his hoodie.
Then Dante should look like this....
latest

but its evolved to this

I can see the change because of the clothes maybe but the Face should be the same then

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Rewatching the scene again, glad to see that good old Danny hasn't lost the hang of the character. He still knows how to play Vergil.

Veloran

I saw the full opening on stream today. It was pretty good, Vergil did his hair slick back move, and there was a shot of the Sparda statue within the church to show that it hasn't even been completed yet.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I saw the full opening on stream today. It was pretty good, Vergil did his hair slick back move, and there was a shot of the Sparda statue within the church to show that it hasn't even been completed yet.
Some update related to that woman, @Veloran ?

Veloran

Some update related to that woman, @Veloran ?
The scene ended about where it did in that other video, but there was a bit more at the beginning and in the middle. Nothing more on that woman.

There was a stream? When? Where? From who?
It's been running for like eight hours man. They've been showing gameplay all day.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215804505

In fact there was two. The Youtube one ended a while ago.

Huh. That video actually starts after the DMC4 segments. Weird.

I'd like to note that Vergil has some cutscenes beyond just his opening and ending. He got a version of the Frost's intro in mission 3.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Think this is it, currently in the process of watching.

Okay. Well, the fight is definitely cool, and keeps the "tradition" of showing moves you can actually do in gameplay (Rapid Slash and that aerial spinning attack with Yamato).

The hair slick back is there, which I like.

And... a Beowulf poster? The hell? Is a theatre spectacle about him being planned in the Opera House or what? Or maybe it's just an Easter Egg?

Anyway, yeah, looks like he's going investigating the Order of the Sword. Curious to see the ending scene now. I hope GOD it doesn't get leaked, or I'm gonna be p!ssed.

Vergil mode menu looks pretty freaking cool.

Last edited:

Veloran

Okay. Well, the fight is definitely cool, and keeps the "tradition" of showing moves you can actually do in gameplay (Rapid Slash and that aerial spinning attack with Yamato).

The hair slick back is there, which I like.

And... a Beowulf poster? The hell? Is a theatre spectacle about him being planned in the Opera House or what? Or maybe it's just an Easter Egg?

Anyway, yeah, looks like he's going investigating the Order of the Sword. Curious to see the ending scene now. I hope GOD it doesn't get leaked, or I'm gonna be p!ssed.

Vergil mode menu looks pretty freaking cool.
Reminder that those posters have literally been there for almost a decade.

NVmSR4n.jpg

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
a Beowulf poster? The hell? Is a theatre spectacle about him being planned in the Opera House or what? Or maybe it's just an Easter Egg?
It was also in Dante's office before. Probably both an easter egg and a theatre poster.
UCdIIwM.jpg

Also is there no story material in the full cutscene? Just more of the action?

Veloran

Also is there no story material in the full cutscene? Just more of the action?
There was a bit more dialogue from Vergil before the action, but of course it was in Japanese. I would assume they were the lines we heard from him in the trailer, though.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
O

Anyway, yeah, looks like he's going investigating the Order of the Sword. Curious to see the ending scene now. I hope GOD it doesn't get leaked, or I'm gonna be p!ssed..

Our souls are at odds, my friend!My soul screams"Cutscene!Give me the ending cutscene!"

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
There was a bit more dialogue from Vergil before the action, but of course it was in Japanese. I would assume they were the lines we heard from him in the trailer, though.
I see, makes sense.
Our souls are at odds, my friend!My soul screams"Cutscene!Give me the ending cutscene!"
You and me both... The game can't come soon enough.

Reactions: Gel
Top Bottom