• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Okay, few things I noticed;
1)At the end of DmC Teaser and the 2 minute long Special Edition trailer; Vergil walking with cloak while the street is empty and the weather is a bit cloudy. Those scenes are most likely prior to this opening video; but it's hard to tell if there's any other scene between them. Probably not though.
2)There's a clear cut just before Vergil says "Just what are your true intentions." Actually that was pretty obvious. Most of the action is cut.
3)At the end of the Special Edition trailer there's a 2 seconds long scene where camera focuses on Vergil's face. It's not included in this opening nor the IGN's. It is probably from the missing action part.
4)As you can see there's a "fade away" effect at the end of this opening video. Footstep sounds also fade away with the video. It can still be the actual ending to this cutscene; but I don't remember any similar cutscene in DMC4. None of which ends up this way. This, and also the fact that Mission 1 must begin inside the opera makes me think there's more to the end of the opening as well.

In short: We surely didn't see all of the opening but it's only speculative if the opening ends like this.
I must go out now. I'll keep digging when I come back.

Khundy

Berserker
[Neo's eyes suddenly wander towards a woman in a red dress]

Morpheus: Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?
Lady-in-red-Matrix.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My post wasn't reply to you, but to Chancey.

More human in regard to genetics. However, while I keep hearing it around, and could swear I read it somewhere, I don't remember where, so leave it at unknown.
Now that I think about it, we don't really know much about Nero's genetics. Just that he has a connection to Vergil. And I was just spitballing random things. I like my whole theory of Vergil implanting a piece of himself in some kid in an desperate attempt at resurrection better. The Horcrux like thing.

Devil May Cry was never that accurate with mythology, and anyway, this stuff is all fiction. Who cares about how "accurate" it is.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
''This, and also the fact that Mission 1 must begin inside the opera makes me think there's more to the end of the opening as well.''

Why would the opening scene have to connect to the opening of the original DMC4? It's quite possible Capcom isn't planning to make it tie into DMC4's story. I think the opening and ending cutscenes of DMC4 SE will be connected (obviously), but I have no reason to believe the opening will connect to the events of ten or fifteen years later (DMC4).

My post wasn't reply to you, but to Chancey.

More human in regard to genetics. However, while I keep hearing it around, and could swear I read it somewhere, I don't remember where, so leave it at unknown.
Sorry about that (it's because of the ignore list).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In a artbook called DMC4 devil's material or whatever.That was said in the page where both ultimate devil triggers are shown.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The cutscene looks nice, but in all honesty I'm not taking any story stuff from it unless it gets alluded to in a future game.
If we indeed get it that much later than japan then I'm callin BS on that. There is absolutely no reason for that and it would also be a reason for me to not buy the SE actually.

Erian1Mortal

Premium

Veloran

The first is actually an discarded Ultimate DT design that was to be used in a Dante Boss fight where he is going out of control and is in his Majin form.

The other one I actually don't know.
Uh... What?

The first is Nero's full DT, and the second is his Stand.

Khundy

Berserker
''This, and also the fact that Mission 1 must begin inside the opera makes me think there's more to the end of the opening as well.''

Why would the opening scene have to connect to the opening of the original DMC4? It's quite possible Capcom isn't planning to have it tie into DMC4's story. I think the opening and ending cutscene will be connected (obviously), but I have no reason to believe it will connect to the events of ten or fifteen years later (DMC4).
This is right, but it misses a part where it is said" since Nero is more human, he can handle his ultimate DT better"
This Dante is human too maybe it says since Nero is "more" Human
But kinda glad they didn't give them the ultimate DTs since that would be some DBZ Gohan-Nero shiz .

Veloran

This Dante is human too maybe it says since Nero is "more" Human
But kinda glad they didn't give them the ultimate DTs since that would be some DBZ Gohan-Nero shiz .
Personally I'd like to see both DT concepts in a DMC5. DMC4's story wasn't on a scale that they were really warranted.

Khundy

Berserker
Personally I'd like to see both DT concepts in a DMC5. DMC4's story wasn't on a scale that they were really warranted.
I agree but just having Nero go super sayain 5 DT in just a fit of angry justice seems way to DBZ for my liking....Dante uses spirit bomb....

I do wish to play as those forms though, DMC4 needs flying and lighting blast for DTs

Veloran

I agree but just having Nero go super sayain 5 DT in just a fit of angry justice seems way to DBZ for my liking....Dante uses spirit bomb....

I do wish to play as those forms though, DMC4 needs flying and lighting blast for DTs
What do you mean? It was just a full Devil Trigger for Nero.

Top Bottom