• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
so pre-DMC3 vergil was in fortuna? uses cape to blend-in, met that women and making Nero, then he went to the city in DMC3 and met arkham? off-topic, what was the city's name in DMC3?

and i sure hope that's not vergil's final design.. damnit, is it so hard to continue from what has been established in 3, all of the designs in 3 was perfection!

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It's better we start to accept whatever Sanctus said was the truth: Vergil arrives, meets a random woman, has intercourse with her, leaves in search of whatever, his child is born and dumped as a trash bag in some orphanage.
This gal seems quite simple, if not poor. Maybe for money, maybe for an affair, sex happened.
I highly doubt he had married her or even recognized her as important to him: this was quick.
The biggest difference between Sparda and Vergil, is that Sparda married Eva, even if it was to disappear shortly after he impregnated his wife.This time the situation seems a lot less honorable: everybody and everything was dumped.
I found that scene description of Lady and Trish calling Dante "lazy" and stealing his pizza stupid, but this seems worse.
I won't pay 40 euros to have a lousy version of DMC4, even if its gameplay seems fun. Definitively Vergil is out of character if this all is true.

Khundy

Berserker
It's better we start to accept whatever Sanctus said was the truth: Vergil arrives, meets a random woman, has intercourse with her, leaves in search of whatever, his child is born and dumped as a trash bag in some orphanage.
This gal seems quite simple, if not poor. Maybe for money, maybe for an affair, sex happened.
I highly doubt he had married her or even recognized her as important to him: this was quick.
The biggest difference between Sparda and Vergil, is that Sparda married Eva, even if it was to disappear shortly after he impregnated his wife.This time the situation seems a lot less honorable: everybody and everything was dumped.
I found that scene description of Lady and Trish calling Dante "lazy" and stealing his pizza stupid, but this seems worse.
I won't pay 40 euros to have a lousy version of DMC4, even if its gameplay seems fun. Definitively Vergil is out of character if this all is true.
Its still way to early to speculate such things. I say wait for more news or reviews and such when the game comes out. Heck buy it used since I still think capcom/game-inustry needs to figure there **** out still. I prefer gameplay over story any day so its still a day one for me, knowing that I'll be playing this for years to come.

Gel

Premium
I know it's early to speculate, but sincerely I prefer too earlier than too late. As bizarre as it may sound , I was here for the story, not for the gameplay.
I needed to buy a new PC , but I was avoiding it until I knew there will be a DMC4SE. Now I see this!
Unless a miracle happen, I'm not interested. As much, I'll wait until I see all the cutscenes( mainly Vergil's) to draw cleaner conclusions.

Khundy

Berserker
I know it's early to speculate, but sincerely I prefer too earlier than too late. As bizarre as it may sound , I was here for the story, not for the gameplay.
I needed to buy a new PC , but I was avoiding it until I knew there will be a DMC4SE. Now I see this!
Unless a miracle happen, I'm not interested. As much, I'll wait until I see all the cutscenes( mainly Vergil's) to draw cleaner conclusions.
Then I think you're safe with waiting and just watching the cut scenes when someone compiles them on youtube. Also I here that Vergils gameplay is in no means cannon and that the new characters only get an intro and an end credit scene.- Probably random stuff like that pizza scene for Lady and Trish. As for Vergil my guess would be something related to deadly fortunes in a way.

This series is like a fighting game, bad story but fun action you gotta memorize to pull off dope moves

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
@Gel I share your concerns. Although I also look forward to have fun with some gameplay I'm originally in for the story too. That's why I was utterly disappointed about there being no Vergil campaign or Vergil specific missions at least. But since we're aware of it, I think this cutscene is much more better than what we should be expecting. DMC3SE just had a swordfight opening, a scene from manga and a few seconds long ending that we already knew of.

Honestly I was just expecting a 2-3 min. long swordfight OP and and ED where Vergil was doing nothing but saying "I got what I need." while leaving Fortuna or something similar. Here; we still have a chance to get some new story bits and pieces and possibly a sufficient reveal in the ending, who knows? Didn't seeing Vergil in a cutscene after all these years make you a little fuzzy inside? It sure worked for me.

I'm just trying to say this is still a Devil May Cry. If you want to enjoy it you must realize it's not something coming out of Cannes Film Festival and you must overlook it's animesque cliches and nonsense. Then it will surely reward you. And I'm pretty sure ending won't be as low as "Vergil banged a prostitiute, THE END" kind of level.

...I lost the point of this post while writing so I don't know how to end it at the moment. Please accept my apologies. Hopefully you and I both get what we want in a sequel.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@Gel , there are mad max, witcher 3, arkham knight, etc etc, why build a new pc for specially this? as far as i can see, the requirements won't change for DMC4.

Viper

Premium
Very spectacular, we see him not only using his sword to slice and dice, but also the sheath to pierce opponents.

Yay, very obvious potential candidate for Nero's mom! Do you think it has any significance that she is wearing red? Also, the way she was walking in that brief moment we see it makes me think of someone not so worried about public appearances.

Wuodan

Very spectacular, we see him not only using his sword to slice and dice, but also the sheath to pierce opponents.

Yay, very obvious potential candidate for Nero's mom! Do you think it has any significance that she is wearing red? Also, the way she was walking in that brief moment we see it makes me think of someone not so worried about public appearances.
I still want that to be Nevan in disguise... :'(
But yeah, aside my hopeless dreams she feels like she has a charm of her own...probably because of her dress. But I don't think this is a "Love at first sight." kind of thing. Something feels fishy about her.

Gel

Premium
A scarlet woman is still possible.Her attitude is not modest and the way she walks and behaves is suspicious. Don't tell me it was her who used Vergil.

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
CAPCOM, I HATE AND LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!!

But that woman in red is a possible key character in Vergil's *Own* Story.
Still disappointed Vergil doesn't have his own his story.
But in sept 30, what the hell.

Veloran

As bizarre as it may sound , I was here for the story, not for the gameplay.
That's not bizarre at all. Devil May Cry's story isn't like the greatest tale ever told or anything, but it is pretty good.

That said, I don't know why you'd be surprised or taken aback at this. If anything this woman's appearance suggests she isn't simply a prostitute as was assumed previously, which is probably a step up of sorts.

Gel

Premium
My pc was from 2005, I have other pc, but it is for work, so I needed one just to play.

Anyway, I remember everyone DMC4 SE has a warning related to Partial Nudity. Vanilla version had Rusalkas and a Gloria without underwear, but no nudity warning.

Astaroth123

The girl doesn't look like a prostitute, by the way she dress i think she's a commoner or of nobility in fortuna.

Wuodan

Maybe Sanctus wasn't very fond of her hence called her a prostitute? I gotta read that novel summary...

Viper

Premium
Maybe Sanctus wasn't very fond of her hence called her a prostitute? I gotta read that novel summary...
You ain't gonna find much. Sanctus actually doesn't know who Nero's mom was, he just speculates based on the fact no one from upstanding citizens was said to be expecting just before Nero being found.

Astaroth123

A possibility
11181463_920258894683870_305444521_o.jpg

I mean, does she look like (I'm very sorry for the word) a whore.

Top Bottom