• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't want to comment too much on it; but Lady and Trish seems lazily done to my eyes.

The pessimistic side of me would agree with you.
But the common sense side of me is slapping me in the face, reminding me that I used to fear the same for Vergil, until they showed more substantial gameplay.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
So far I'm liking what I see, I really want to see Lady JC now, could look totally goofy lol.
I'll reserve my comments on Trish though since the player did not show any combos with sparda.
Depending on how she turns out I might main her or Lady since I like having a more restricted moveset. Dante was always a little to much to me in DMC4, but also always nice to watch in combo videos XD

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hell yeah!

3322e1h.gif

Can't wait to use that against a full demon wave in LDK!

theshadowedge1

Does anyone know how Vergil's Judgment Cut works in this game? Can you launch 3 in a row like in DMC 3 or is it just one use like in DmC? Also does it knock back enemies?

Otherwise Dante's Overdrive may be significantly better, as it can be used 3x and deals massive damage.

Thanks!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I seems to be like the DmC version, but then again I think I also saw him use it in the air, which is pretty cool.

Luckily, 4V also has way more moves than 3V now, so it's sort of an okay loss.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Does anyone know how Vergil's Judgment Cut works in this game? Can you launch 3 in a row like in DMC 3 or is it just one use like in DmC? Also does it knock back enemies?

Otherwise Dante's Overdrive may be significantly better, as it can be used 3x and deals massive damage.

Thanks!

I think it'll work similar to how much concentration you have stored in your meter, and the way to launch them would be if you hold R1+(TRIANGLE)+(UP) for long distance hits and R1+(TRIANGLE)+(DOWN) for short distance hits...however I do believe that you can charge the attack and launch multiple hits.

Khundy

Berserker
Last edited:

ji-high

The girls gameplay don't look that appealing to me honestly. Especially next to Vergil's. WOW. Itsuno has definitely not lost his touch. They probably won't get much playtime with me but it's cool for those who like them i guess.

I wish they gave my boy Nero a couple of new moves and (finally)made Dante playable from beginning to end but Vergil will do i guess....

Also with the D pad and the Touch pad on PS4 i sure hope they have found a better control scheme for Dante. None of that fingers gymnastics crap anymore please. On that note i never understood why they didn't allow the player to discard the weapon/style they don't need so they could make room for what's actually useful for them. Royal Guard, for example, is just useless to me. I suck at it and have no intention to improve.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The girls gameplay don't look that appealing to me honestly.
I agree with all of this. I'm still really annoyed by the fact that moves like Trickster and Swordmaster aren't "default" moves like they were for Nero.

To be honest, I might get used to Lady, but she'll probably be in last place when it comes to "favorite playable characters" in this game, in my personal opinion.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Royal Guard, for example, is just useless to me.

Not really. Royal Block has a cancel function, Royal Release has invincibility frames so you can get past enemy attacks with it (pretty useful against Angelos, you can get past their spears and damage the shield at the same time), and of course Just Releases simply wreck enemies out of existence.
RG is actually the most OP Style when used correctly (the timing isn't even that hard, even I can do it, and I have little to no experience with RG), not at all useless.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Royal guard is even more op than parry in MGR, love using it against the savior beam and blitz lightning attacks , RG rocks

Top Bottom