• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ha not me il always be a dante main , vergil will be a super close second though and then maybe trish I dunno uet

From that brief gameplay I'm already sold on Lady.

Trish, ehhh... gonna wait for longer and more in depth videos. I wasn't particularly pleased by what I saw of her. Her hand to hand moves look to be a copy paste from Dante and Vergil. I hope her moves with Sparda are not the same deal. And I wanna see her traps.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Lady looks like a ton of fun. I might even main her instead of Vergil. I do hope that Dante and Nero get some significant changes because I don't see any reason to keep playing them when the new characters release.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm gonna be real, Lady's gameplay looks boring

Trish is redeeming with a few new moves to offer, but its all the same stuff from DMC2 and MVC3. I know that's what was said to be in her gameplay, but...meh.

Vergil's still the fastet in this game and most of his moves are from DmC and DMC3.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm gonna be real, Lady's gameplay looks boring

Trish is redeeming with a few new moves to offer, but its all the same stuff from DMC2 and MVC3. I know that's what was said to be in her gameplay, but...meh.

It's the opposite for me, so far. Granted, still seen little to nothing about Trish's use of Sparda and traps but still... Lady gameplay sold me more. Hope future footage of her will change my mind.

Khundy

Berserker
I think they should give Dante DT levels maybe start off with DMC3 Dt-DMC2 true sparda form with different attacks in each level.

Trish and lady both look fun, especially since they cater to different playing styles. Will definitely beat the game at least once with each character also can't wait to see if there are any nuances like guard fly for each character. And mods!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's the opposite for me, so far. Granted, still seen little to nothing about Trish's use of Sparda and traps but still... Lady gameplay sold me more. Hope future footage of her will change my mind.
I'm just not keen on the "just guns" gameplay. I knew I never would be anyway, but maybe I was expecting something like this for Lady

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I don't want to comment too much on it; but Lady and Trish seems lazily done to my eyes. Sure, they both -especially Lady- looks fun to play; but they're nowhere near nor close to Vergil's depth from what I've seen. I'll wait for an experienced player to comment in-depth.

Two things. Lady's Japanese VA sounds perfect, I could fall for her. And I'm utterly disappointed of the fact that DT Trish is simply Glowing Trish.

Veloran

I don't want to comment too much on it; but Lady and Trish seems lazily done to my eyes. Sure, they both -especially Lady- looks fun to play; but they're nowhere near nor close to Vergil's depth from what I've seen. I'll wait for an experienced player to comment in-depth.

Two things. Lady's Japanese VA sounds perfect, I could fall for her. And I'm utterly disappointed of the fact that DT Trish is simply Glowing Trish.
Why would she have any other DT form? All other Demons just gain a glowing aura when they go DT, and Trish is really just a Demon in the shape of a Human. If you think about it like that, she's always in her Demon form.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Why would she have any other DT form? All other Demons just gain a glowing aura when they go DT, and Trish is really just a Demon in the shape of a Human. If you think about it like that, she's always in her Demon form.
So is Lucia, mind you.
It's a bit of a lofty expectation to think it'd be otherwise.
Meh, you're kinda right. Still disappointing though.

GabrielXx

Lady looks pretty freaking cool in my book, Vergil for me is still going to be my main because of his sheer speed, so lady might be my Secondary. This player just might not be all that good with Trish and i think we need to see more with a much better player before we get anything that really shows what she can do, i really love both Trish and lady and to see them getting this type of Treatment and even being put on the box art is great.

especially when you have "certain individuals" who say there are no Strong Women in video games, this takes that argument and puts a rocket and bullet right through it.

GabrielXx

^ yea that is really Clever how they came up with that, i think Using Road Trip with Sparda and then going in to perform lunar phase at the same time is going to be sick with Trish.

Dominus

They should give Lady some kind of fast movement option, like say rocket launcher slide move in addition to a rocket jump... But w/e at his point Vergil is 90 percent who I'll be playing as. Liking how he's turning out..

scionicspectre

There's a chance we still haven't seen Vergil's entire moveset at this point, and even then we've seen a great deal less for Lady and Trish today. I'd say it's too early to make a judgement call.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm just not keen on the "just guns" gameplay. I knew I never would be anyway, but maybe I was expecting something like this for Lady
I was hoping it would be more like this:

Different types of mid-range attacks done at a faster speed.

But anyway, I'm sure a decent player (anyone but the guy playing Lady, anyway) could probably be at least a little bit quicker with her moveset.

For now though, I'm just not that hyped.

I don't want to comment too much on it; but Lady and Trish seems lazily done to my eyes.
It's premature for me to say this -- but from what I've seen, I'm forced to agree with you.

Top Bottom