• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
So are we not going to talk about the fact that the Trish's gages have Eva's amulet inside that circle?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well that's quite an exaggeration. Trish will never be able to do all the awesome stuff Dante can do in terms of techniques and combos. He will continue being the most stylish character in the game (heck, in the franchise), as well as the most hardcore.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm disagree.

Viper

Premium
How does that have anything to do with the gameplay?
Gosh, i don't know... the round part with the gem in it is reacting and moving as Trish uses Sparda, so to identify its design I guess is connected to gameplay.

I'm actually of opinion both berto and me are right, since by logic the gem on Sparda IS Eva's amulet, since the latter is required to activate it. Don't know how the amulet got to appear independently after that, wouldn't that make the sword Force Edge again?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
How? No other character in the entire franchise can pull off combos as stylish looking as DMC4 Dante, and no other character has his depth.

It's not about the depth with me, but asthetics. I find Trish a lot more explosive and full of more life then Dante and Nero are in terms of fighting. She uses guns, a giant sword, AND her own fist without the need of a pair of devil arm gauntlets. Plus, she's got lightening coming out of her that can make traps, send shockwaves, and combined with the sword of Sparda, she can kick all kinds of ass.

Compared to Dante who can just shoot and cut stuff (and other things as well), Trish just seems more...well, stylish.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's not about the depth with me, but asthetics.

Oh I see what you mean. And I agree to a degree.

However, stylishness is also how cool a combo looks, beyond the effects on screen.

Dante's Guard Fly is awesome to look at, where he can fly across the whole stage while dodging every kind of attack.

Or pinning Lucifer swords into an enemy's body, let them explode and then trigger the Gunslinger switching animation where he snaps his fingers as the enemy explodes.

Or moving around a demon forming a cross as you use jc'd Sky Stars and then smash the poor guy with Gilgamesh.

Or pinning multiple enemies with Lucifer and then timing the use of directional Twosome Time to shoot them right in the moment the pins explode to give the impression that the pistols's shots are what made them explode.

And much much more.

There is tons and tons of awesome looking stuff that DMC4 Dante can do that no other character can. Experimentation is the key word, and that's the point of DMC and its free form combat system, which Dante embodies the best in the series.

But yeah I get what you mean about Trish, I can't wait to play as her now.

Last edited:

scionicspectre

Well, we saw all of the moves Trish can buy, but we didn't see everything she already has. So there's a chance she has some ultimate move from the get-go, but I doubt it. This is the disadvantage of them being so open about the new content.

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
Well, we saw all of the moves Trish can buy, but we didn't see everything she already has. So there's a chance she has some ultimate move from the get-go, but I doubt it. This is the disadvantage of them being so open about the new content.
I hope the ultimates are not available at start off. I hope it's an ability that requires for the player to reach a certain style ranking

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope the ultimates are not available at start off. I hope it's an ability that requires for the player to reach a certain style ranking

As for Vergil, you need to buy the move first of all. Then, you can pull it off when you are in DT and your Concentration meter is filled at 3/4 at least.

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
As for Vergil, you need to buy the move first of all. Then, you can pull it off when you are in DT and your Concentration meter is filled at 3/4 at least.
ahhh i see i just wish that the requirements were a lot steeper because after seeing its impact it should require maybe a little nerf?

Khundy

Berserker
Dude that's very cool looking, she even brings her hand on her forhead after doing the golf hit, kinda like golf players do to see where the ball ended up landing. It's awesome.
I just feel that, right after the enemy air lift of the dance combo -the motion capturing gets kinda stiff right up to the swing. To me it seems too force compared to Dantes version. (Personal opinion)

Top Bottom