• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Be interesting to see what is more fun dt stinger in LDK for crowds as dante or rapid slash for it , leaning toward the second if I am honest , man coop would be so epic for this aaaargh

true @Khundy but regular vergil will still be badass though , however I wonder will some moves not be possible without infinite dt

Erian1Mortal

Premium
You mean the super move? Cause that one is only accessible in DT, and in DT Dante and Vergil gain endurance boost that prevent them from flinching when they get hit. It's not i frames.
Still looks a little to safe to use in my opinion, but I'm holding my breath for DMD conditions.

also everyones is playing as super Vergil in these vids. OP
Not in the 20 minute gameplay, tha't regular Vergil, and it's still looking quite OP.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Still looks a little to safe to use in my opinion

It is. Heck, you can even cancel the charge animation.

Besides what do you mean with

I mean look at that he got hit around 3 times while charging it up and it looked like he didn't give a damn.

Did you see the vids? Vergil doesn't give a f*ck the entire time, not only when he uses the super move LOL

But yeah, they were still playing just the early levels of Bloody Palace and LDK with Super Vergil (except for another vid I saw, where they were playing Devil Hunter difficulty with normal Vergil). So I wouldn't take that as indicative of much.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
It is. Heck, you can even cancel the charge animation.

Besides what do you mean with

Did you see the vids? Vergil doesn't give a f*ck the entire time, not only when he uses the super move LOL

But yeah, they were still playing just the early levels of Bloody Palace and LDK with Super Vergil (except for another vid I saw, where they were playing Devil Hunter difficulty with normal Vergil). So I wouldn't take that as indicative of much.

True he don't give one XD
In the end it still depends on the player that plays the game, I'm still most interested in Lady / Trish since these two are more or less unknown. I hope we get to see more stuff on these two soon.

Khundy

Berserker
Jesus man, that's not gonna happen. DMC's gameplay simply wouldn't work for that, imo.

Coop though, I think it's perfectly doable. They did something like that in DMC3 after all.
I think they could but anyone who's mastered royal guard would destroy everyone else. It would be just like a boss battle but instead of a npc you'd have someone else controlling the charecter. Also have a best out of 3 rounds. More or less tekken but with DMC4 mechanics. Also make it crazy but throwing random npcs in the middle of a fight so that you can get random drop perks in the middle....just day dreaming

But yeah, can't wait for Trish and lady's gameplay to be revealed!

Frazz

General gamer
Vergil certainly looks like he'll be incredibly fun to play. I'm really loving what I've seen so far! My only nitpicks are that I don't like the sound that plays when Vergil finishes 'Judgement Cut End' as it sounds cartoony (I'm referring the the sound that happens as the enemies explode). The other small problem I had was that Beowulf is essentially Gilgamesh with Lunar Phase and Vergil's double kick at the end of combo A. Overall I cannot wait for this and am very frustrated at the lack of a western release date!!:mad:

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Jesus man, that's not gonna happen. DMC's gameplay simply wouldn't work for that, imo.

Coop though, I think it's perfectly doable. They did something like that in DMC3 after all.

The only problems I see regarding PvP are Royal Guard and no ability to get out of combos aside from taking enough damage. There would need to be ways to get out of combos aside from that but they still should require some skill. Otherwise, in PvP all that would matter is dealing the first hit and then you could just use some boring and unskillful combos and just stunlock the other player (example: in Dark Slayer as Dante with Rebellion: Y, B, Y, B, Y, B, Y, B, B, B).

I'd love to see Co-op in the same way that Bayonetta 2 did it. Five rounds, player who won the last round picks the fight (In Bayonetta 2 you could choose whatever enemy or boss you wanted), then you bet Red Orbs or Proud Souls and the difficulty would change accordingly how many you bet. The player who has the best Devil Hunter rating wins and takes a multiplied amount of the Red Orbs/Proud Souls bet.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Some Trish gameplay:

Well, disappointing gameplay. Sure that guy surely didn't use every move in her repertoire, like the traps or Sparda sword, but from what I saw she's got the same moves as Dante and Vergil (I saw Lunar Phase) when it comes to hand to band combat.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Lady gameplay:

Holy crap she looks amazing. Kalina Ann is awesome now look at that sh!t. And the way she uses granades is pretty cool too! Sooooo looking forward to play as her!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well it seem's Im going to play mostly as Vergil in DMC 4 SE, just can't stop looking on those gameplay vids, he is OP from mine point of view and well I like for now playing OP chars :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well it seem's Im going to play mostly as Vergil in DMC 4 SE, just can't stop looking on those gameplay vids, he is OP from mine point of view and well I like for now playing OP chars :)

Well I bet everyone is gonna play mostly as Vergil xD

However Lady seems Smockin Sick Stylish too! Some girl power in this SE for sure LOL

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well I bet everyone is gonna play mostly as Vergil xD

However Lady seems Smockin Sick Stylish too! Some girl power in this SE for sure LOL

Ha not me il always be a dante main , vergil will be a super close second though and then maybe trish I dunno uet

Top Bottom