• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Still waiting for a Trish/Lady gameplay from someone a bit more competent, so that they can show a bit more of what the girlz are capable of in terms of combos, like the Polygon Vergil gameplay.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If only I could see more, with all those lightning effects.

Btw I just noticed that some of Vergil Yamato moves make the enemies die at the exact moment Vergil sheathes, if you let the animation play. That's awesome, I wanted that in DMC3.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I want this as a taunt:

X1oHl.gif

Also she does put her sunglasses on in DT. Like a boss.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyone else finds... wrong... their decision to make Trick Down a DT exclusive move for Vergil? Why the hell should it be only usable in DT?!

scionicspectre

Aside from an additional Air Hike and Sky Star, Devil Trigger usually focuses entirely on buffing offensive options. I have no idea what makes Trick Down more compelling as an enhancement vs. a standard move. I guess the silver lining for me is that I didn't utilize it much to begin with.

I just think it's ironic since it's even less impressive compared to the new teleporting mechanics. It would have seemed odd in DMC 3, so it just seems silly here.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, let's see what we got with our sexy blondie.

- First of all, her Round Trip can go veeeeery far:

2ce10uf.gif

It also lasts pretty long, and the duration is tracked by the circular meter on her HUD. It can suck nearby enemies in it.
You can do it in the air as well:

2d4zmp.gif

Also worth noting that you can call back the sword whenever you want, even right after throwing it:

2cmvxnk.gif

- She's got a "vertical" version of Round Trip as well:

288nvxc.gif

Doable in the air like regular RT:

4vlm5c.gif

And it can send the enemies towards you:

hsvx1y.gif

Especially useful since she seems to have no other way to close the gap between her and far enemies.

- Her version of Flush acts as a launcher.

- She's got Drive:

v4bfrt.gif

It's chargable, and if you max charge it, she shoots an insane amount of waves if you mash the attack button:

2lwm8on.gif

CCCCCCCCCrazy!!!!!

- Her divekick is called Inazuma and leaves an electrical trail:

af79xd.gif

This trail can trap enemies into it and leave them suspended (you can also see a taunt in this gif):

our041.gif

This is a great setup for combos.

- While the sword is out during Round Trip, her hand to hand moveset changes and you get access to moves like a combo that apparently ends with Real Impact

real%20impact%20combo_zpsfe4yrrov.gif

or a spinning break dance move:

spinning%20kick_zpsmfymr77f.gif

- She's got the actual Rising Sun, unlike Vergil... *sigh*

rising%20sun_zpsh2oxh9a8.gif

- She can use the "crossbow", "rocket launcher" and laser beam forms of Pandora. Usable in mid air too.

Well, overall, I'm satisfied. She's got more unique stuff than I initially thought. She looks beastly and poweful, and well suited for crowd control. Obviously very beginner friendly in terms of controls.

On a side note, those thunder sound effects, man... I wore headphones and the sound her moves make... they really sound like the actual rumble of a real thunder, I dig that.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
[QUOTE="Foxtrot94, post: 601275, member: 33037"[/QUOTE]
Daaaamn, that looks really awesome, just starting to watch the stream recap.
They gave her a lot of stuff from DMC2 and a bit of stuff from MvC3, guess I'll look into that.
And she does have a really unique spin on her "recycled" moves as well, I dig the crazy version of Drive.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Really diggin Trish's moves in this game.
The lightning sound effects and the sound of the guns for Trish easily exceed Dante's and Nero's by a long shot.
It feels like Trish and Vergil will outshine Dante and Nero.

All in all: intresting stuff. Trish seems like she has better gameplay then Dante does.

EDIT: For those curious, the taunt she said for adjusting her corset was "I need a new look."

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Trish seems like she has better gameplay then Dante does.

Well that's quite an exaggeration. Trish will never be able to do all the awesome stuff Dante can do in terms of techniques and combos. He will continue being the most stylish character in the game (heck, in the franchise), as well as the most hardcore.

However, for once they actually included characters that indeed are a valid alternative to him (well Nero was too but I mean post-launch).

Last edited:
Top Bottom