• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is a thread dedicated to discuss potential and reported gameplay aspects of the newcomers using anything whether it be screenshots, gameplay footage/trailer, and even gifs/etc.

Make things easier to manage in this hectic part of the forum. People have no restraint. We need order people. So anyway I'll try to keep this one short to open up discussion.

Vergil

441827117b92c3824780ee22b2944adb.jpg
34b9f3b0d9381d69ce6780102d8d5a3f.jpg
61e1a8e65c865fcfcaf2b5cd2b50b96b.jpg
vergil_ss01_pop.jpg
chara_ss05_pop.jpg

I'm curious how Vergil's new battle style would be like due to combining DMC3 with DmC Vergil adding new stuff. I'm curious how the new control scheme would be. Based on these photos we can see the return on old moves but new moves like the 3rd one doesn't look like a move I remember from DMC3 but DmC (looks like they might have replaced Aerial Rave in DMC3 with DmC Vergil's Aerial Rave) and the 4th one looks like a rising uppercut which I don't remember him doing in DMC3 either. I hope he still has his Rising Sun from DMC3 those looked uber sweet and aren't replaced with a uppercut. I noticed in the trailer he was pulling off an aerial Lunar Phase (looks like he can pull off aerial moves just like Nero I expect that its his R1 + Forward + Melee) but I also noticed right it he does a downward kick (like DmC Vergil afterwards that sends them down and I noticed right when he does it he flashes almost like a crazy combo from DMC3. Is the downward kick a result of his new aerial Lunar Phase or a chain attack that is apart of aerial Lunar Phase. I also notice that the spinning attack before the aerial lunar phase he is using Yamato and it seems to be an aerial attack with Yamato(0:23). Vergil was shown capable of using Upper Slash and he can launch up this time (0:21). His summon swords are still there and all the tricks associated with them. Lets not forget his finisher he does on Bael.

Now the Concentration mechanic I'm not all that interested at the moment how that thing works but I'm still curious by what they mean "fight more calmly". I hope Vergil has land and aerial pause combos then. I wonder if they'll fit all of Vergil's offensive moves into one attack button like they did Nero with aerial input attacks, back and forth inputs, aerial back and forth inputs, melee + style button combos (that is probably how you pull off that super move). I wonder if they'll update his DarkSlayer tricks with one being this new "Grim Trick" which might function like DmC's Vergil's teleportation tricks like to make him like Nero. I'm curious now since DmC Vergil needed that to make up for lack off lock on how will this Vergil use it. Will Vergil use all the buttons even the d-pads for combat or will he be another Nero just with teleportation especially that this Concentration system is looking to be like the Exceed system but done differently.

On a side note, I do like how this Vergil's Slash Dimension looks. Its not Judgement Cut but it looks a hell of a lot better than Dante's and DmC Vergil's Slash Dimension. It looks like a fusion of Judgement Cut and Slash Dimension.

Trish

Trish won't need to swap weapons apparently and use less buttons yet has access to Sparda which can change forms, her fists and legs, and Luce and Ombra and apparently Pandora(???). This makes her very interesting. I wonder if you can use the D-pad to change Sparda's form or it just changes forms within its move sets. She is odd so if she doesn't need to switch weapons and doesn't use up all of the buttons like Nero so doesn't use the Trigger buttons or she just doesn't use the d-pad. In the trailer she has never used Sparda once but its attached to her back so I guess she uses the melee button for her fists and kicks and the style button for Sparda. Then how the hell does she uses Pandora and one other thing in trailer she was able to instantaneously use Pandora's PF398 Revenge with no load up like Dante (1:07) like you see her bring out the suitcase and it instantaneously goes to Revenge mode and shoots the Frost that was in mid-air and not only that the attack or laser looked different like Dante's just shot a quick laser hers shot out a beam that hit the enemy multiple times so her version of Revenge is different from Dante's. She has the Rising Upper, Killer Bee, and Vergil's Aerial Lunar Phase but with lightning attached so she might be able to cause paralysis or something.

Guessing by the screen shot Sparda seems to be a very crowd control heavy weapon and I can't even make out the second one is she using Sparda there too?

Now the hud. Going by DMC4's gameplay rules like how Nero's and Dante huds have extra stuff on them like Nero's Exceed guage and Dante's Style System, Chaos Gauge, and Royal Gauge as well as Vergil's Concentration Meter Trish seems to have one too. This one is tricky but guessing by the design it might have something to do with Sparda. There are 2 other bar like things on her hud one below her health bar and one above it I wonder if those mean anything or its just for decoration. I hope in her DT form she can fly and do stuff like you can do with Nevan/Alastor DT like shoot lightning and perform Vortex or something like it. I also hope she can teleport or something even if only in DT form.

Lady

Now she concerns me. A character with a strong emphasis on gun play and long range combat. Doesn't seem like your standard Devil May Cry play type unless you mean DMC2. However, I feel that players can probably find ways to make unique stylish combos with her that makes her standout from the other play styles in the entire series so she might require a new approach. Not much about her was revealed so I'll just cover was shown so far.

Sporting Kalina Ann she probably has the same moves that Dante had with it in DMC3. The grappling hook will be DB equivalent like Nero so I wonder if she can bring in enemies and be pulled into enemies like DmC. Looking by the second picture she can pull off Twosome Time and probably Honeycomb Shot. Her guns seem to pack more of punch than Dante's and the others uncharged so I guess she doesn't need to charge them I guess and she has unique charged shots. She also has her own version of Gun Stinger that seem to pack more of a punch (she sure sent Dante flying) and even a charge shot that sends her flying as well like Nero's charge shot but stronger in kickback(1:03).

Now her hud really stumps me like.....I don't get it. Like she has 3 empty slots for something and a bunch of bullets in the center of it do they work in tandem with each other? Lady is probably the vaguest of the 3 new guys but I wonder if she can switch weapons they made a big deal about Trish for that so I wonder if Lady can switch weapons but only gun weapons and how will her control scheme work. Then there is the issue of her DT or whatever being unknown.

I see Lady being a very Gunslinger esque character but I hope they carry over her acrobatic side into game-play too.

That is it what are your thoughts?

Reactions: XM.

Viper

Premium
I only care about vergil tbh . Cba with trish and lady. Doesnt make up for no vergil campaign
He is still getting his unique intro and ending, so it makes it pretty much what they did with him in DMC3: SE. If they made his own campaign, with his own cutscenes all through and levels designed just for him, that would technically be DMC5, and this is DMC4: SE.

scionicspectre

I dunno', I'm pretty psyched for all three, although Vergil will likely have the most variety. It's kind of like Nero- he's really fun to play as even though he has relatively few options because the options he has are unique from each other and have interesting applications. In this sense, I think Trish and Lady have a lot of potential.

Even still, Vergil is looking to be a much more complex playable character than Nero, so I'm bound to have a ton of fun with him. So long as the cutscenes they do give him have some real content, I'll be happy. If it's just badass choreography and no meaningful dialogue, that would kind of stink.

Jyrro

I just want to point out that during the DmC development by NT, some of capcom japanese Dev were added to help them on the gameplay. I will not by surprised if those DmC vergil movement were in fact created by the original DMC team.
So maybe some skillset of vergil/trish/Lady will be very familiar to what we encounter in NT soft.

Weiss Schnee

I dunno where I heard this from. Probably made it up or got some misinformation but some members of the original DMC helped out with Vergil's downfall, Vergil's moveset in that game was pretty much the same as it was in DMC3: Special Edition, but even Dante in DmC had familiar moves from classic Dante so who knows?

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I think we can expect a lot of depth from Vergil with the combination of his DMC3 moveset, Vergil's Downfall and a couple of others it seems (at the end of the trailer Vergil disappears and uses a more powerful version of Slash Dimension). I think the Concentration mechanic could be interesting. They did say that it increases your damage by how "flawlessly" you fight. I'm curious if its tied to your style rank or something like sheathing Yamato after combos?

As for Trish, I think Sparda could change forms with the trigger buttons. I have no idea whats going on with her HUD. As you said it seems to be Sparda themed so maybe it allows for some special moves with it?

I'm guessing that Lady's going to use Kalina Ann's moves from DMC3. I would also like for her to get some moves from the bossfight. Her move where she pulls herself up with the grappling hook on the library shelves in particular. I think the empty spaces on the left will be grenades but I have no idea what the Devil Trigger will be.

Meg

If that is all you have to say in this thread, why did you even bother posting in it?
Come on now. There is no need for that. You can always report posts like that as spam and be done with it.

@Vergilius It is true that the staff discourages posts that don't really add anything to a discussion. You could of just liked the post. A spam-y post every once in awhile is okay, but please don't make a habit of it.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Jyrro

Another potential leads on enhanced gameplay for Vergil & the girls can be Sengoku Basara series. It's clearly the lastest BTA series produced by Capcom since DMC4. And a lot of fighting style/gameplay were created to fit SB characters.

As for Lady, I can imagine they take some moves from Saika Magoichi, who carry a lots of guns and fire power in her arsenal.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Those guys do make excellent points Berto but damn Vash sure is invested to squeeze out as much details from the trailer as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3ca1_nrxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3ca1_nrxM
There was some stuff I didn't even notice.

Like it seems Trish didn't instantaneously pulled out Revenge like that but she transitioned from one form (the rocket launcher) to Revenge but the shot not only looked different but didn't even had to charge up she just fired away. It seems in her DT state all of her attacks gain a lightning affinity that can cause juggle/stun effect like her Uppercut/Real Impact was hitting the Frost multiple times. Seems like a more easy way to JC or go into another attack. I also notice that Trish's attacks are faster compared to the versions of Dante (Full House, Real Impact/Uppercut, and Revenge).

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I'm curious what purpose does Vergil's Concentration mechanic serve. He's said to be a pretty easy character to pick up according to the website but with his mechanic being dependent on not taking damage, not missing attacks and being in close proximity to the enemies, his damage without filling the Concentration meter would have to be at least acceptable, right? I mean, if his damage would be awful without this mechanic he wouldn't be easy to pick up I think. Maybe the meter mostly enables new moves and not greatly increased damage?

scionicspectre

I'm curious what purpose does Vergil's Concentration mechanic serve. He's said to be a pretty easy character to pick up according to the website but with his mechanic being dependent on not taking damage, not missing attacks and being in close proximity to the enemies, his damage without filling the Concentration meter would have to be at least acceptable, right? I mean, if his damage would be awful without this mechanic he wouldn't be easy to pick up I think. Maybe the meter mostly enables new moves and not greatly increased damage?

That's my guess. That is, it will probably be useful if you can handle it, but it won't be mandatory to make use of the character and have fun. I think it will be sort of like using Pandora or charging Red Queen- a mechanic that is there for when you've already come to grips with everything else. Of course, who knows what the pro players will find in Vergil? We all know there's a much higher skill ceiling to this game than the devs originally intended.

Top Bottom