• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil dead?

Is Vergil relly dead?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
This seems to be an issue so I created a thread where we can argue Vergil's continued involvement in the DMC games.

Here is my side of the argument.

Vergil is not dead, and he will return in the next game.

Firstly, his fanbase is WAY to big for him not to come back soon.

Secondly, it never says ANYWHERE that he is dead. When he is defeated by Dante in DMC 1 he just dissapers, he does not die.

Third, you say he must be dead because the Alto Angelo monsters are made frum Nelo Angelo's armor. They could be made of just the Nelo Angelo armor, not Vergil himself.

O.K. discuss:lol:

Succubus

I believe he is only trapped somewhere but not dead.In DMC 3's ending it didn't seem to me like he died.
I too hope he returns back in the next game.One of the best villains ever.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm 50/50 over it. Although I ride more on the theory he's not. I don't think Vergil is his former self though; I mean everyone jumps onto the "Give me more power!" quote way too much.
But wait! Let me remind you of this. Sanctus takes Yamato, Credo comes and tries to cut him in a remarkably simmilar fashion than the one in which Dante cut's Vergil in DMC3 mission 20. But then, Sanctus stabs Credo Vergil-style and even mentions two of Vergil's signature lines (Foolish, Power, Absolute power) in one sentence. So does that mean that Sanctus is a reincarnation of Vergil too? Not too likely.The whole thing could just about be all around Yamato.
We all know Vergil will kill and manipulate anyone for his goal; why hasn't he done anything to Nero yet? Yes, he is a wise man. But he's not patient either to muck around with Kyrie and everything else. Vergil would want to stab Dante rather than re-side within him. I think he's there but not in the fashion we saw him in DMC3. Who say's if Nero had taken Rebellion he wouldn't take Dante's DT? I'm sure Dante could possibly also revive Yamato.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I go based on game info, stating that he has disappeared... That doesn't mean dead. And there is no denying his fan base, so he should return hopefully. In 1 he hardly wanted to hurt Dante... It was as if he has lost control of himself, forgetting about Dante... Which is why he fled when he saw Dante's amulet... He was reminded of who he was messing with... So I think he will return, but not to harm Dante... Just to get back what is rightfully his. And I don't care if Yamato is for Nero now... It doesn't truly belong to him. You'd moan if Vergil returned and took Red Queen.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
/Facepalm.

Sorry, but another? I see this turning into a flame war just like the rest of these threads.

I don't feel in the mood to go in to detail about it, so I'm going to say this, I don't believe Vergil to be dead, at least not in a real sense, there is a likely chance that his body may have been destroyed also, with that in mind, his soul would still be out there.

That being said, I don't care if he's a spirit or has a full body, so long as Capcom bring him back, you can't throw away a character with which there is so much left to do, it'd be foolish on Capcom's part.

Zato-OW

King
Game info has him as "Departed" take it any way you want. But with all of the evidence he is most likely dead until proven alive. Which will happen I hope in DMC5.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;123962 said:
Game info has him as "Departed" take it any way you want. But with all of the evidence he is most likely dead until proven alive. Which will happen I hope in DMC5.

Game Info?! :huh:

I don't know but, he's much more alive than dead to me. Speculation causes flaming, so why don't we all agree he's alive...:lol:...:p

Zato-OW

King
Capcom is so stupid. All they had to do in DMC4 is have Vergil as unknown in his DMC1 Bio in the story area. But instead they had him as "Departed" when they couldve revived his character.
See the way they put it is they had Vergil(as we knew him in DMC3) as departed and Nelo Angelo as the shell for Vergil's soul and then they stated that Nelo Angelo's shattered armor pieces were used to create Bianco's and Alto's.
This is the only reason why I think he is dead. Capcom really f***ed him over when they couldve revived his character with out any cheese.

Zato-OW

King
I didn't say his souls was used. I said shattered pieces of Nelo Angelo(Nelo Angelo is nothing but a powered up armor) was used to create them. Since Vergil soul was placed in it, it was the only thing keeping him in the living world.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;123970 said:
I didn't say his souls was used. I said shattered pieces of Nelo Angelo(Nelo Angelo is nothing but a powered up armor) was used to create them. Since Vergil soul was placed in it, it was the only thing keeping him in the living world.

I think he might return from the Underworld. There's a place demons always are reborn there, I think.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In my Concept it wasn't Vergil's soul used to create the armour, but pieces of other people's souls. Anyway, what has Dante's Rebellion got to do with anything NerosDevil? Yamato IS Vergil's, you can't deny that. And if you think it belongs to Nero, then you are wrong. It rightfully belongs to Vergil, a son of Sparda.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
People already know my thought on this subject (which is also why I'm not liked much).

Vergil is dead until futher noticed.
So I'm with Zato. Unlike Zato, I dont want him back (cause I dont like Vergil).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't see what is not to like about Vergil. But anyway... From what I have heard, he has disappeared, not died. So when you say he is dead until proven to be alive, I say he has disappeared until proven to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom