• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trump.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I do find it ironic that people are rioting against Trump since he threatened that people would riot if he didnt win (so would people have rioted if Clinton won?)

But Trump won, legitimately, not like the sketchy recount of Bush jr back in the 2000s. So i dont really support the mass riots against him. They gotten out of hand and they lost whatever high ground they had.

Viper

Premium
Out of curiosity I looked it up and the Presidents of Germany and India are similarly voted in by such an "Indirect Election" system.

I agree that it comes across as very undemocratic and archaic.
I don't know about India, but president of Germany is a more or less invisible function, much like ours, his role is to represent the country. It's the chancellor that makes big decisions, hence why you always hear about Angela Merkel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Out of curiosity I looked it up and the Presidents of Germany and India are similarly voted in by such an "Indirect Election" system.

Not only does it come off as archaic, but we're one of only three countries in the world that use such a system? That's worrying. It's like our refusal to move on from the Imperial measurement system.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Gays are bad because we're old and we don't understand them!"

EDIT: Just read through the article and WOW. He's one of those crazy ass****s who thinks it's a choice. :/ Sure buddy, just like I'm sure you chose your torture fetish in the name of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erian1Mortal

Premium

The President here in Germany is similiar to royality in the UK, no real power or say in politics, more of a title

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just saying in my opinion, the guy is right on this one. Thats reason why Trump won as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No fair, I'd also like a big chair...errr, bigger chair that is...for my batcave.

But seriously, Donald Trump, double chins, and butt talk? It's a real life South Park situation right there.

Skagewid

Re-seeing again "Back to the Future"'s Trilogy , I think that:
aMQW0zV_700b.jpg

and
CtTvKz6W8AU27BI.jpg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you want a real eye opener, try reading "With God on their Side" by Esther Kaplan. A look into how religon dictated so many of George W. Bush's decisions during his time in the White House.

The post is slightly old to reply to I know, but I have read that book and it's scary how easily people can be influenced by something as intangible as the idea of a God. I'm not religious and I don't knock religious folk (my girlfriend is Lutheran, for example) but it's still worrisome.

Top Bottom