• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Three reviewers talk about DmC

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ooooww the edge.
250px-Smores-Microwave.jpg

This will always be more important than DMC 4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
no Killer is Dead? That game looks good.
Killer is Dead will probably be like every other Suda51 game. A really cool idea that's definitely unique and memorable but the gameplay will probably be mediocre and repetitive as hell. That being said, I still dig Suda51 because I love his crazy head. I keep my eye on him (like Yahtzee said) I would keep an eye on a person tripping out on shrooms or something, he might hurt himself or do something really funny.

sea_guy

They just want to hear what they want to hear and that's bashing the game they don't like. Because over 2 years complaining about it isn't enough.

Just analyze this for a sec, after Adam Sessler gave the game a 3 out of 5 the a lot of DMC fans were ready to basically marry the guy. The other reviewer they all flocked too was Angry Joe because he bashed Dante's appearance severely. Suddenly because Adam isn't bashing the game and they're just all fairly exchanging opinions the comments are now filled with hate of them suddenly and evidently Adam doesn't know what he's talking about. The purist opinions on DMC are the only thing they truly think are facts and if anyone says any different it's taboo. Adam is being hated on. Then look at Angry Joe.

Angry Joe gave Metal Gear Rising the same exact score as DmC and you can just read the comments on youtube, a lot of them now suddenly hate Joe. This fanbase is just ridiculous and they need to get over themselves.

Couldn't have said it any better. Giant Bomb gives DmC a good review, but that doesn't count because I wanted that game to be bad, so they must have been paid off. Giant Bomb gives MGR a good review and suddenly they're the most reputable source in video games, buy your copy today.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It's not saying it makes it bad but does it really make it all that special? That's when you should stop giving the original series more credit than it deserves just because you feel the need to bash DmC on such a consistent basis. If people fail to level their complaints with the reboot to the original series which was far from perfect and suffered from it's fair share of stupidity and bs then why wouldn't people write off this fanbase and being full of a bunch of stubborn fanboys who for over 2 years have been crying like little children who didn't get their way? It's been going on too long for also people to think otherwise and that petition to the White House didn't help. Good game people.

Does it make it special? No, of course not. Not a single game is 'special'. That's my point.
Do you rate games based on how 'special' they are? If so, every game must be s*** in your opinion.
Nobody said DmC isn't a good game: that's what you make of it. I said DmC alters just about everything DMC was in one way or another, and therefore shouldn't be called a reboot, but rather a spin-off. The word 'reboot' implies to me that they've started over with the series and only tweaked some very minor things, like when you reboot your computer. Instead, we got a different operating system, if you get what I mean.

I don't feel the need to bash DmC; I answered a question someone asked, nothing more. He asked, I replied, and so on. It's not like we're all part of one hateful entity. It's very convenient to single out the ones who embarrass the DMC fanbase. Anyway, don't like what I have to say, then don't read it. I'm pretty sure I've told you that multiple times in various areas of this forum.

You shouldn't try to get a rise out of people when you know they said something different from what you're claiming they said. I said I understand why DmC isn't considered a Devil May Cry game by so many people. DMC was taken away and replaced, and some find that even harsher than just concluding the Devil May Cry series. I share that feeling, but I'm not saying it's a bad game. I'm just saying it's not to my taste, even though it seems pretty decent, at the very least.

It's not saying it makes it bad but does it really make it all that special? That's when you should stop giving the original series more credit than it deserves just because you feel the need to bash DmC on such a consistent basis. If people fail to level their complaints with the reboot to the original series which was far from perfect and suffered from it's fair share of stupidity and bs then why wouldn't people write off this fanbase and being full of a bunch of stubborn fanboys who for over 2 years have been crying like little children who didn't get their way? It's been going on too long for also people to think otherwise and that petition to the White House didn't help. Good game people.

You complain about Devil May Cry fans. Yet here you are on a Devil May Cry forum where Devil May Cry fans get to talk about Devil May Cry. This must be torture for you, huh?

Why are you here? Seriously.
You're always saying Devil May Cry as a series sucked whenever you can
You complain about the Main Character Dante for sucking
You're always trying to get a reaction out of someone somehow.
Constantly baiting people.

Why has no else called you out on your bullcrap? Is there something I'm not in on or what?

You shouldn't try to get a rise out of people when you know they said something different from what you're claiming they said. I said I understand why DmC isn't considered a Devil May Cry game by so many people. DMC was taken away and replaced, and some find that even harsher than just concluding the Devil May Cry series. I share that feeling, but I'm not saying it's a bad game. I'm just saying it's not to my taste, even though it seems pretty decent, at the very least.

He got temporarily banned for that a few days ago. Nothing has changed so you're better off just ignoring him.

Terrutas

You complain about Devil May Cry fans. Yet here you are on a Devil May Cry forum where Devil May Cry fans get to talk about Devil May Cry. This must be torture, huh?

Why are you here? Seriously.
You're always saying Devil May Cry as a series sucked whenever you can
You complain about the Main Character Dante for sucking
You're always trying to get a reaction out of someone somehow.
Constantly baiting people.

Why has no else called you out on your bullcrap? Is there something I'm not in on or what?
Because either no one cares, or he's not worth anyone's time. Especially not yours.

sea_guy

You complain about Devil May Cry fans. Yet here you are on a Devil May Cry forum where Devil May Cry fans get to talk about Devil May Cry. This must be torture, huh?

Why are you here? Seriously.?

DMC fans are terrible though, this isn't a brave thing to say so much as stating the obvious, I mean where have you been for the past two years? This would seem to be one of the last places on the internet where the betrayed weeaboo crowd hasn't driven off anyone who might like the game, I'm guessing that's probably why he's here.

I'm more interesting in why people like yourself, who decided they were going to hate this game long before it ever came out, or people who unironically begin sentences with, "Well, I haven't played DmC, but" are still here, in this particular forum. I mean you complain about 'baiting' people when virtually every post you've made in this thread is some kind of empty, snide remark whose only purpose would seem to make you feel better about yourself. I mean just look at this stuff.

sea_guy

That's your response, trying to pretend like you ever approached DmC with an open mind? Try not to strain yourself under all that cognitive dissonance.

sea_guy

I leave it up to the reader to decide whether or not they think a person who makes posts this substantial could ever seriously make claims to an objective opinion on the matter. I mean, it's not just that you dislike a thing, it's how you wallow in the fact that someone, somewhere on the internet doesn't agree with you.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DMC fans are terrible though, this isn't a brave thing to say so much as stating the obvious, I mean where have you been for the past two years? This would seem to be one of the last places on the internet where the betrayed weeaboo crowd hasn't driven off anyone who might like the game, I'm guessing that's probably why he's here.

I'm more interesting in why people like yourself, who decided they were going to hate this game long before it ever came out, or people who unironically begin sentences with, "Well, I haven't played DmC, but" are still here, in this particular forum. I mean you complain about 'baiting' people when virtually every post you've made in this thread is some kind of empty, snide remark whose only purpose would seem to make you feel better about yourself. I mean just look at this stuff.

So we're back to piling all DMC fans on a heap and calling them all terrible, huh? It's not like the media shows the entire fanbase. You dare talk to people like this: ''People like yourself, who decided they were going to hate this game long before it ever came out'' etc? Stop assuming things. And I'll have you know that holding a controller doesn't all of a sudden change my opinion on a game. I watched the entire game played out. Of course I don't have the full picture, but it sure as hell is at least 90 percent or so. There are so many things you don't have to have played the game for to know how you feel about them. I don't have to hold a controller to know that I hate this new Dante for his personality, or that I dislike the DmC universe.

In my case, somebody asked a question, I answered quite precisely, and subsequently got booed for saying that I don't like DmC. Better yet, Chancey said I thought DmC was a bad game, when I never said that. This happened before, and he's no different from the people who hate on DmC, as he seems to hate DMC (or at least DMC4, and keeps comparing it to DmC) instead.
I don't know about the person you're replying to, but I don't believe any of my comments were snide just to be hurtful or to make myself feel better. If they contain negative words, that's because they're negative. Get used to it.

And this is a forum. If somebody does post a snide remark, it's not like you have to reply to keep yourself from dying.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I leave it up to the reader to decide whether or not they think a person who makes posts this substantial could ever seriously make claims to an objective opinion on the matter. I mean, it's not just that you dislike a thing, it's how you wallow in the fact that someone, somewhere on the internet doesn't agree with you.

The pot calling the kettle black. I don't mean you, but this is happening all over again. DmC fans hate on DMC (or praise one game into the high heavens) and vice versa, and yet, both sides are oblivious to the problem (or too stubborn to admit there is a problem).

That, as well as both sides getting offended for people not sharing their opinions.

sea_guy

Better yet, Chancey said I thought DmC was a bad game, when I never said that.

No, of course not, you just 'liked' this dreadfully insightful post on video game design.

Look, you are simultaneously trying to tell people 'this is a forum', so people can post whatever they want, and you should just like, take it, man! at the same time as you tell people to "get out of here" for pointing out the obvious about the ridiculous and hilarious overreaction from DMC's 'fanbase' to DmC. I mean, on this very page we have you trying to make yourself out to be some kind of misunderstood martyr because you dared to not a play a game. You're not a hero, man, you're just like everyone else.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
No, of course not, you just 'liked' this dreadfully insightful post on video game design.

Look, you are simultaneously trying to tell people 'this is a forum', so people can post whatever they want, and you should just like, take it, man! at the same time as you tell people to "get out of here" for pointing out the obvious about the ridiculous and hilarious overreaction from DMC's 'fanbase' to DmC. I mean, on this very page we have you trying to make yourself out to be some kind of misunderstood martyr because you dared to not a play a game. You're not a hero, man, you're just like everyone else.

Which post? Liking a post doesn't necessarily mean I agree with it completely, you know.

Look, you're doing it again. It's not the fanbase that's overreacting to DmC, it's individual people, as you can tell if you just read my post and realize I'm not a 'hater', as many people like to say.

I can agree to a lot of things, I can tolerate them, but I can't tolerate things like this: ''That's your response, trying to pretend like you ever approached DmC with an open mind? Try not to strain yourself under all that cognitive dissonance.''
You should really stop assuming every person's the same, and stop assaulting everyone and getting offended when people call you out for it. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you should go offend people whenever you can without a factual basis.

And I'm not trying to be a hero, 'man', but thanks, I'm flattered. You were the one who brought up the issue of me not having played the game, and made a huge deal out of it. Then I respond with a rebuke, and subsequently, you accuse me of trying to be a martyr, evading my response to not having played the game, completely. You sneaky asshat.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, this looks like yet another closed thread. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Supporters have no issue admitting the problems that DmC has. Antis, however, will never admit that there was anything wrong with Dunte's series (other than DMC2, I mean).

sea_guy

Which post? Liking a post doesn't necessarily mean I agree with it completely, you know.

Well, you could try clicking on the one I linked. That sentence wouldn't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

You are bending over backwards here to defend DMC's fan base like generalizations are impossible, as if Youtube and metacritic and virtually every social media outlet wasn't flooded with comical backlash from fanboys long before the game had ever hit retail. The only reason you even bother with this is because you agree with these people, as internet poster #107324 who's never played the game but holds strong opinions on the matter. You could at least pretend that you gave the game a fair shot after one lazy playthrough, it'd do worlds for your credibility.

Top Bottom