• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Three reviewers talk about DmC

I don't know if I'm supposed to take what they say seriously.

None of them are really interested in DMC as a series and Brad has never played the other games except a bit of one.
The other guys sound the same. They shouldn't be discussing whether it was a successful reboot or not if they've not really had much experience with the series.

Just my two cents.
Oh and Vergil being unmemorable? That's Bullshit.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
''None of them are really interested in DMC as a series''. That doesn't really matter. If they want to review it, they can. I reviewed Halo 4. I've played the other Halos too, though I can't say I'm that interested in the series. If I wanted to review Tomb Raider or something, I could do that. No need to like the game. You just need an unbiased perspective.

That said, I don't have the time to watch a 28 minute long video.

''None of them are really interested in DMC as a series''. That doesn't really matter. If they want to review it, they can. I reviewed Halo 4. I've played the other Halos too, though I can't say I'm that interested in the series. If I wanted to review Tomb Raider or something, I could do that. No need to like the game. You just need an unbiased perspective.

If you watched the video, you could see why I was annoyed when they were talking about DMC1 as if it represents the series.

Should have judged the series on the other 3 titles as well and compared them to DMC4, but like they're not interested in the series and they're acting like they know what they're talking about.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If you watched the video, you could see why I was annoyed at that comment.

What comment? You didn't reply to anyone. Chroist, just edit the video and post it here if you can. I'm really not going to watch a 28 minute long video, just like I'm not going to read an entire book in one day. I know Sessler's stance on DmC, and I'm not going to run the risk of hearing that same story over and over again. Though I do agree with Sessler, giving DmC a 7/10 seems fair.

What comment? You didn't reply to anyone. Chroist, just edit the video and post it here if you can. I'm really not going to watch a 28 minute long video, just like I'm not going to read an entire book in one day.

A book is a little different to a video. Just sayin'
Why even compare the two? A book takes hours to read depending on the pages, font size and how fast you can read a 28 minute video is 28 minutes long.

And I meant to say something else, so ignore the comment part. Dunno how that got in there. lol.

Martius

SSSmokin!

But they are trying to compare original series to reboot while one of them have not played dmc3 and 4, that does not make any sense and is not professional. Also Sessler said he doest not know if DmC was intended to be in cannon with whole series. Come on, they are not journalist and this is not a debate but three guys agreeing with each other.
Well at least they are trying to keep their professionalism stable where it is, buried deep in ground.

If you watched the video, you could see why I was annoyed when they were talking about DMC1 as if it represents the series.

Should have judged the series on the other 3 titles as well and compared them to DMC4, but like they're not interested in the series and they're acting like they know what they're talking about.
Their comments on whole series is great too dont you think? Describing 3 and 4 gameplay in few words and dismissing it.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
But they are trying to compare original series to reboot while one of them have not played dmc3 and 4, that does not make any sense and is not professional. Also Sessler said he doest not know if DmC was intended to be in cannon with whole series. Come on, they are not journalist and this is not a debate but three guys agreeing with each other.
Well at least they are trying to keep their professionalism stable where it is, buried deep in ground.

Their comments on whole series is great too dont you think? Describing 3 and 4 gameplay in few words and dismissing it.

In that case, those guys who haven't played DMC3 and DMC4 should get the heck out of there, I agree.
That Sessler doesn't know whether or not DmC was intended to be canon is understandable, at least. He apparently knows DmC is not canon, then. Is Sessler a journalist? I only know him from reviewing games. If he is a journalist, he pretty much sucks :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

DMC1 does kind of represent the series since it was the first of it's kind to pave the way for the hack n' slash genre.

I didn't see a problem with not playing the other games. It's just a review of what they thought of the game. I don't see how that warrants this as not completely fair.

AlchemistFromEden

I didn't see a problem with not playing the other games. It's just a review of what they thought of the game. I don't see how that warrants this as not completely fair.
basically people here wanted them to say
"its not like dmc4 and dmc3 so as a game its good but as a devil may cry game its bad yada yada yada"

Martius

SSSmokin!
"its not like dmc4 and dmc3 so as a game its good but as a devil may cry game its bad yada yada yada"
I would prefer real debate with different people, each with their own opinion. Not three guys saying same thing over and over again.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I would prefer real debate with different people, each with their own opinion. Not three guys saying same thing over and over again.

Its not uncommon for "people having the same opinion".

Funny cause I was expecting that too.

Martius

SSSmokin!
So what is the point in doing that? It makes as much sense as doing a politician debate but inviting only people from one part.
Anyway i found it funny that all of them is bashing on "haters" but it not saying that game failed to attract enough of new audience.

They were acting like Devil May Cry represents the entire series, if they're going to compare the games it helps that you're familiar with the series.

AlchemistFromEden

so true, not ever discussion needs that one nostalgia fueled negative archetype that just brings the positive energy of a discussion down and annoys the other two people

Funny cause I was expecting that too.
people on this forum really need to learn that outside of this particular forum, in the eyes of every objective reviewer, that this is a good game, regardless of its "lineage"

Martius

SSSmokin!
people on this forum really need to learn that outside of this particular forum, in the eyes of every objective reviewer, that this is a good game, regardless of its "lineage"
For me its bad game. You cant say that any game is good for everyone because it is not a fact, it is matter of opinion and taste. It is subjective, not objective.

Top Bottom