• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Three reviewers talk about DmC

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, you could try clicking on the one I linked. If there hadn't been a link, that sentence wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

You are bending over backwards here to defend DMC's fan base like generalizations are impossible, as if Youtube and metacritic and virtually every social media outlet wasn't flooded with comical backlash from fanboys long before the game had ever hit retail. The only reason you even bother with this is because you agree with these people, as internet poster #107324 who's never played the game but holds strong opinions on the matter. You could at least pretend that you gave the game a fair shot after one lazy playthrough like so many others, it'd do worlds for your credibility.

Ah, sorry. I see the link. Kind of hard to see on a white background, as it's a dark red type of color close to the standard text color. I liked that comment because it challenged the person replied to to show why it's without a doubt a good game. It's pretty subjective, mostly. You could say it's a good game, but someone else may disagree.

I'm not defending anyone. If anything, I'm simply defending the people who you offended here without cause. I'm saying both sides are being asshats and that you shouldn't 'overgeneralize'. I know a lot of people who were big fans of DMC who also happen to like DmC. I'm sure I'd enjoy DmC to some degree.

I still wonder, what exactly makes holding a controller change my opinion on Dante's personality? You still haven't answered that question. I'm sure I'd get a better sense of what the gameplay is like, but why would holding a controller change my views on Dante, after watching a playthrough (including cutscenes, of course) of the entire game? Do I need to hold a controller and play as a digital version of a classmate of mine to know I hate their guts?

There's still such a thing as decency toward strangers.

Well, this looks like yet another closed thread. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Supporters have no issue admitting the problems that DmC has. Antis, however, will never admit that there was anything wrong with Dunte's series (other than DMC2, I mean).

"Anti's" What is with these labels?

Martius

SSSmokin!
Well, this looks like yet another closed thread. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Supporters have no issue admitting the problems that DmC has. Antis, however, will never admit that there was anything wrong with Dunte's series (other than DMC2, I mean).
Yeah yeah, because everything is black and white without any shades of gray. Keep telling that to yourself.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Look, can we just get back to the original topic? I'm sick of replying to people's posts only to see that the most important ten percent or so of my comment was not replied to or avoided.

It all boils down to: ''Stop assuming everyone's the same. Stop assuming the DMC fanbase is one entity that's not made up of many, many people. Stop assaulting everyone because you can.''

Seems reasonable, no?

Once again.

Further proof that most of the people who post here never liked Devil May Cry to begin with.

Such is life in the Devil May Cry Community Manor.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Notice how this... individual... didn't even bother to deny my claim.

It's official then.

Dunte Must Cry is a perfect series.

And no amount of reasonable debate can change that.

Deal with it, DmC supporters. :cool:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Once again.

Further proof that most of the people who post here never liked Devil May Cry to begin with.

Such is life in the Devil May Cry Community Manor.

Careful, I'd say you're starting to generalize a bit too much, like sea_guy. No offense, it's just something that happens very easily without you knowing it. I still find myself doing it sometimes, though on forums, it's easier to avoid.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

I'll reply, if that counts for anything. I hope I'm not considered a hater simply because I like DMC more. Supporters as well as antis come in many forms. I also know that my brother's best friend is what you'd call an anti, but he knows there's a heck of a lot wrong with the old series. He's played all those games, after all.

Anyway, carry on, if everybody's still up to it. Don't say the thread's lost, trololol :p

Terrutas

II hope I'm not considered a hater simply because I like DMC more.
Sorry, but that's how it works in this forum.
So you and your friend admit there's a lot wrong with the old series? Fair enough.

Let's if anyone else here can admit that the old series had it's own share of flaws, then.
And where exactly did we the "Antis" ever deny that? You're delusional.

Maybe that's why you like DmC. : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So you and your friend admit there's a lot wrong with the old series? Fair enough.

Let's if anyone else here can admit that the old series had it's own share of flaws, then.

If it helps you sleep at night.

DMC4 was rushed but still had the best combat in the series.
DMC2 as a whole was meh

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I couldn't bring myself to play DMC2 more than once. DMC4 sucked in more ways than one, but I'm not sure I'd call it worse than DmC, as that's hard to say when both games have their own merits. A lot of people claim DMC4's plot sucked, but that was mainly because it was more of the same. And yeah, that sucks, but it doesn't mean the actual story sucks. I don't think DMC was ever great in the plot department. DMC1 had pretty bad acting, I guess. Maybe we shouldn't compare it to what we have now, as games were pretty different back in 2001. Different standards.

DmC has its flaws too. So what? Big deal. Small peas. Is that even an expression? :p
Etc etc.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I'll just put it simply.

DMC has flaws
So does DmC (As much as some of you don't want to admit it).

Leave it at that.

Terrutas

I couldn't bring myself to play DMC2 more than once. DMC4 sucked in more ways than one, but I'm not sure I'd call it worse than DmC, as that's hard to say when both games have their own merits. A lot of people claim DMC4's plot sucked, but that was mainly because it was more of the same. And yeah, that sucks, but it doesn't mean the actual story sucks. I don't think DMC was ever great in the plot department. DMC1 had pretty bad acting, I guess. Maybe we shouldn't compare it to what we have now, as games were pretty different back in 2001. Different standards.

DmC has its flaws too. So what? Big deal. Small peas. Is that even an expression? :p
Etc etc.
The only thing I pretty much like about DMC4 is the combat, I don't like the main campaign and I don't like the story.oh man im such a hater : ((((

The thing is, DMC1 wasn't really supposed to have that good of a story. Just like God Hand, it uses satire humor to make fun of cliches and the mainstream and I find it pretty amusing.
DMC2 barely had any redeeming qualities, I don't think that needs clarification.

I think 4 was a love letter to the first game.

Similar enemies, castle, forest area, Credo in Devil form mimics Nelo Angelos moves. What does this have to do with the thread? absolutely nothing. I didn't know where else to type this.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I like how you slipped in "if it helps you sleep at night"... and then thought it was an adequate preamble to your reply.

See, this is what seaguy meant by "snarky".

Anyway...

Best combat? Better than 3? I disagree, but won't comment further on the matter.

2? Well, everyone agrees it was bad, so that's not really admitting much. It was supposed to be a different game, after all. Then Capcom changed it to DMC2 to use the franchise name.

As for 1... I just didn't like it that much. I played through DMD, so I can say that I gave it a fair chance. It didn't have aerial rave, which really got to me.

Martius

SSSmokin!
If it helps you sleep at night.

DMC4 was rushed but still had the best combat in the series.
DMC2 as a whole was meh
I agree with DMC2, antagonist was good at start but later he turned into screaming madman. Lack of story. three same melee weapons, crap bosses expect final form of last one. Well option of playing second character, amulet system and few things which grown to styles in three were good, i give credit for that.

As DMC4 combat was good it was lacking option and variety of DMC3. There should be much more styles and weapons to choose for both Dante and Nero and devil bringer could be something more.

Terrutas

I like how you slipped in "if it helps you sleep at night"... and then thought it was an adequate preamble to your reply.

See, this is what seaguy meant by "snarky".

Anyway...

Best combat? Better than 3? I disagree, but won't comment further on the matter.

2? Well, everyone agrees it was bad, so that's not really admitting much. It was supposed to be a different game, after all. Then Capcom changed it to DMC2 to use the franchise name.

As for 1... I just didn't like it that much. I played through DMD, so I can say that I gave it a fair chance. It didn't have aerial rave, which really got to me.
Does that mean you really didn't like Devil May Cry to begin with? Yes it does.

Point proven, you're an Anti. ;)

As DMC4 combat was good it was lacking option and variety of DMC3. There should be much more styles and weapons to choose for both Dante and Nero and devil bringer could be something more.
Uhm, What? Dante in DMC4 has waaaaaaay more options mid-combat than Dante in DMC3.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah, I mean, liking or disliking isn't the same as saying ''it's a good game'' or ''it's a terrible game''Just like Bayonetta is called a terrible game because people don't like Bayonetta acting sexed up, and the story being confusing or hanging by a thread. I know Bayonetta does a lot of those things on purpose. What I did hate about it was that the combat was so chaotic so often - not to mention most of the combos seemed redundant. Half the time I didn't know which combo I was doing, and whether the enemy was still alive (in groups of enemies) Now that's a flaw. Seriously, I only beat the last boss after getting owned 2000 times because it's confusing as hell. That, and it kept doing some kind of heat-seeking attacks, it seemed. Really one big mess.

Anyway, on topic. Damn it :p

Top Bottom