• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If anyone needs further evidence of how warped and vile the BBC have become, they need look no further than yesterday's news piece.

Apparently a Collector had stumbled across a goldmine of lost BBC Radio recordings featuring stars like Bing Crosby and Dame Margot Fonteyn. The collector decides to gift it back to the BBC who in their article explaining it are incapable of being grateful and are instead compelled to sour the story with their toxic mindset, peppering it with snarky remarks about how the guests are (and I quote) "predominately white males" and how relatively few women interviewees there are amongst them. Because that is totally relevant to what should have been an uplifting story.

As an aside, I did get a chuckle at how despite the author of the article is a woman, she was baffled at how the radio host had on Dame Fonteyn (a famous ballerina) and somehow only chose to talk about ballet and not rumours of Fonteyn's sex life that were circling at the time. Talk about a self-own and revealing yourself as a muckraker amirite?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Random message I got from another writer:
"Hey, how much jail would one have got in 1910 for murdering a baby?"
"What?"
"For writing purposes. I guess you can answer this?"

What I thought: Yeah, right. Just because I study law, I know the full history of every crime ever... regardless of the fact that I work with administrative matters and business entities, not with private persons or criminal law. Nope, I do NOT have time to research this for you. I can give you a vague advice on where to search that kind of stuff but I am not going to use my time and effort for it. Unless you pay me accordingly to the office's price list, which I doubt you are willing to.

What I responded: "Erm... well... murder or infanticide?"

:rolleyes:

I'm gonna tell her to check it by herself anyway. I sincerely don't have time for this.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
FB-IMG-1666977134420.jpg

Just pick a goddamn lane, dude. Your half game, half movie bullshit gotta end. Actually saying half game is generous af considering his older games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I got my copy of God of War Ragnarok. I traded in some games and a PS4 controller, so I would not have to pay anything. The GameStop clerk was "disappointed" that I got the PS4 version. I told him not everyone can get a PS5, and that I don't care much for graphics so long the game works. They have a special deal for trade-ins, but I didn't know nor have the time and money. Hence my other trades-ins. I am not running back and forth to get X amount of games, so I can trade-in for an overpriced console/console bundle. People like that need to **** off and mind their own business, unless they're gonna pay for me. Another GS employee understood where I was coming from and thought what I did is smart.

Also, that same jackass that was disappointed, said Gungrave is "no longer relevant". Dumb motherf@cker! No one asked your goddamn opinion! I want to pre-order the new Gungrave game. He is relevant, but not to you. Otherwise, the developers wouldn't have bothered making another one.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@BrawlMan

What you did was smart. Not everything is about the graphics. We’ve been enjoying games for years back when they legit did look like crap. He should of kept his opinion to himself and be grateful that you were a customer doing a trade.

~ Don’t get me wrong I really like my job but I do absolutely way too much in it. More than I should have to do. I don’t have enough staff to get all the jobs done so I have to go above and beyond to do everything myself so basically what would be the job of 3 people. And whenever I tell my manager anything it’s like talking to a wall. Actually I think I’d have better luck talking to a wall. Again, I like my job, but should do less and management sucks because they don’t have ears - and even if they do, they don’t use them for listening.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan

What you did was smart. Not everything is about the graphics. We’ve been enjoying games for years back when they legit did look like crap. He should of kept his opinion to himself and be grateful that you were a customer doing a trade.
Much appreciated. It was the first time I've ever seen the guy at my local GameStop. Either he's new, from another district, or temp. Regardless, I never want to see his dumb ass again. I am enjoying Ragnarök, and the game is looks beautiful, even on base model PS4.

Goldsickle

We live in an era where pockets exists.

Pockets are handy to store your keys and your phone.
It's not my f***ing fault that you keep breaking your keys, gate remote or keep getting your phone cracked because you are so clumsy and always drop these.
Wear something that has pockets, for f***'s sake.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, the Museum of London is relocating to a new site in 2025 and they have signs giving examples of the new kinds of exhibits that will be featured there. One of them was about the Roman Occupation of Britain and featured a scenario of "typical Londoner" being Ulpia - a young black single mother with two mixed race children who owns a shop. I would laugh if it wasn't so sinister, as to falsify history to such a degree in a public institution that should be dedicated to portraying objective facts is utterly repulsive. Naturally "Ulpia" doesn't really exist - nor is she even meant as a historical stand-in as there is zero evidence of black people in Britain before the 1500's at the earliest, and is just the latest attempt to make our history more "inclusive" by deceptively editing history to make it look like the present era has always been the norm.

This isn't an isolated case either, a few weeks ago I noticed there was a BBC documentary aimed at kids which featured a bunch of ancient Celts being depicted as black people as well. Let me be clear, I don't care if crackpot authors like David Olusoga and the rest publish their books claiming nonsense like "Henry VIII and his family were black and their ethnicities were erased by racist historians", but it's quite another thing entirely if national institutions join in on crazy conspiracy theories. I'm really starting to think that we should push for regulations to prevent public companies like the BBC acting up like this again.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
U ever just want to punch a job in the face, like if it was possible to defy reality

Make the job a physical entity and then knock it out

As i did earlier when i was fixing a scania gearbox and it broke my heart, so much so they probably heard me swearing on the international space station

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
U ever just want to punch a job in the face, like if it was possible to defy reality

As i did earlier when i was fixing a scania gearbox and it broke my heart, so much so they probably heard me swearing on the international space station

Yes. Every damn day. I would absolutely love to kick my job in the balls.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I started another retail job 3 weeks ago. My coworker would definitely agree with you.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well at least ye can make complaints etc, i am self employed lol

So i can't resign or give out to the boss

Oh yes, I could complain.

Unfortunately my manager is a useless uncaring cow who wouldn’t give two ****s regardless.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So according to a magazine, now it's misogynistic to say that romantic comedies are light-hearted. Ok. Wait I'll get my "I'm misogynistic and deserve to be judged for my taste of movies" shirt. I'll wear it with my "I agree with Rowling" cape lol

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
NINE ads in a row. NINE. And they come up every 5 seconds it feels like. I'm literally unable to watch streams.

Twitch, what a shameful ****in SH1TCAN of a platform you've become. Piece of literal solidified diarrhea.

Goldsickle

Can you dumbf***s stop saying "let's agree to disagree" only when you are cornered in an argument?

If you could follow that advice from the beginning, there wouldn't be any argument, since you just "agree to disagree" with what I said and moved on.
I just had one "let's agree to disagree" last month and another one a few days ago.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I am not exactly happy, but I am not surprised with the way WB-Discovery is now heading. WW84 is flawed, but I understand why some people didn't like it. Whatever mistakes 84 made, the third film could have course corrected or ironed out. As much as I enjoyed Black Adam, what I said before about the company remains true. Once the next Shazam movie comes out next year, I might be more or less done. WB-Discovery getting rid of anyone with authority who are non-White or female are an instant **** off on my list. It's a shame, because Henry Cavill is back as Superman. Which makes me wonder how they're gonna even bring Wonder Woman or Gal Gadot back. That's assuming if they're going to do that at all.

Top Bottom