• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So my mum is at risk of having an aortic dissection because of an abdominal aneurysm, but she prefers to smoke constantly. Plus, she has emphysema and high blood pressure as well.

That's crazy! :(
That sucks. My mom used to smoke as well. :(

My current rant: making eyeglasses doesn’t really cost that much, but somehow I ended up paying 500 € (~540 $) for new glasses. I absolutely need them as my left eye has approx 40 % vision with my current glasses (said my opthometrist) so that's pretty much a no-can-do situation, but c'mon... these prices are crazy!

Luckily I just got a raise as my traineeship ended and I'm now a full-time lawyer. Still. I'm not used to spending money lol

I wonder if I could get an income tax reduction by announcing that they are "work equipment" ;)
(Basically they are but I don't think their price can be used as grounds for tax reduction, unlike a new computer or a set of law books)
(No I'm not a tax lawyer as you can see)

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Fat, ugly and flabby are among the hundreds of words that have been removed from Roald Dahl’s children’s books so the stories “can continue to be enjoyed by all today”.

Publishers have made a string of changes to Dahl’s work, primarily around language related to weight, mental health, violence, gender and race. They have also inserted sentences into the books which were not written by the author.

In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, for example, Augustus Gloop is described as “enormous” rather than “fat”.

In The Witches, 59 changes were said to have been made, the publication said. One paragraph explaining that witches are bald beneath their wigs ends with the new line: “There are plenty of other reasons why women might wear wigs and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.”

And people wonder why we keep harping on about censorship. "1984" was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual, yet people seem to be intent on doing a double plus good job of making sure we're walking right into it. :(

Goldsickle

Imagine thinking that the "fancy shape" on that device you bought online was just how it is.
Turns out it was actually bent during delivery and I noticed it 2 years too late...

Goldsickle

Every single A.I.sshole I see on deviantART is a "pro core" member for some f***ing reason.
They fancy themselves as "professional artists" just because they can press a few buttons and make a machine draw for them?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
FB-IMG-1686219463807.jpg

Not interested in the rivalry between Super and GT (to me they're both garbo, except GT was garbo with a bit more of a soul but Super has made the DB videogame landscape really freaking good again), but I couldn't help but laugh at "completely different transformation".

Like, lol? How do you put SSG and SSJ4 on the same level design wise? SSJ4 is an actually different transformation. SSG is almost exact copy of base form but red. It was done already on DBZ and it was called Kaioken.

Seriously, I've seen a number of takes ripping SSB apart for just being a recolor of SSJ but those same people praise the **** out of SSG when it commits the same sin of being a recolor of a already existing form. Base form at that. It's literally almost Kaioken 2.0 visually. Actually scratch that, Kaioken made Goku look buff and powerful as hell, in SSG form he looks like a scrawny little ****ter so more like Kaioken 0.5.

Idk man, I get hating on GT but damn, comparing SSJ4 to God? Pfft.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Bayonetta 3 was meh. Kinda dissapointing. It moved too far from the original concept. Lost it when the parallel worlds was introduced. Oh well, I guess I stick to B1 and maybe some B2. Thats all for me.

Gasoline Tank

Man, this Australian tosser "PeterAndesonIsARacist" really takes the fun out of coming online.

All of those accounts spamming on there - all of them - are the work of the same guy. He's actually in his thirties, possibly being 37, or 34. I don't know for sure. He displays a different year on another profile that I discovered. But either way, he's old enough to know better.

He claims he's not in Australia. Previously, he posted an IP address from a New Zealand company, willingly posted photos on a forum, and then published videos of what I think is his apartment online, showing the inside and out of it (before he deleted his "Prowler" video on YouTube). How stupid is that, though?

Boni fide fruitcake.

Goldsickle

You just described modern photography too.
I'm sure it still takes effort for photography, like capturing a moment at the right place, right time and the right angle.
Like how a wildlife photographer waited years to get the "perfect shot" of a bird dive-bombing into the water's surface or waiting at a certain time of the year to get the right sunset between two buildings.

"Prompting" is still just pressing buttons and the "resources" are scraped from all the other hard-earn photos taken without the photographer's permission.
Wipe out all the data and the prompt-tool can't do jacks***.
It's misleadingly called "A.I." when it doesn't "learn".

Goldsickle

When your own family member parrots some evil cult's propaganda, word-for-word, that's when the reality of "disinformation campaign" truly hits you and your own family members can become mouthpieces for these bastards.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I know calling people "fascist" has become something of a tired meme these days, but learning that a BBC Executive had a private diner with a Bank Chief where they conspired to not only force the closure of a political opponent's bank account but proceed to deny him the ability to open any account with any bank in the country and now he's saying he may have to leave the country because he can't get access to his finances...all because he dared to hold a different political opinion sounds pretty damn fascist to me. :mad:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Chronic back pain sucks big time. Going to see a physician next week since I recall it beginning during pregnancy and getting worse after giving birth so. I actually hope there's something wrong with the nerves or muscles or something because that way it could probably be fixed somehow...

My insurance for permanent disability does not cover back or shoulder related issues tho. Yay.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Dear Head, I never signed up for having seasonal depression but that's fine, I've learned to cope with that crap. But that most certainly doesn’t mean you can just walk in my brain in a freakin' August because that's not even autumn yet. Also I haven't yet set up my daylight therapy lamp for the exactly same reason. So get yourself together and learn to use a calendar.

Sincerely
The achy shoulders below trying not to be so damn tense for this ****

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So now the SNP have shut down people for making political cartoons or just general satire that mocks them, how is that not a massive red flag?

Why do people keep voting for them again?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
First impressions are really hard to correct, mate. I can see from your messages that you are trying hard to dissolve that arrogancy and self-entitlement you handed me over in your very first email, but the thing is that I am now choosing my stance very very wisely with you. Damn right I'm leaning forward to block anything you throw at me to knock me off balance. Be it necessary or not, but I'm not giving another chance in something this important, regardless of the amount of your wet kisses on my butt.

So next time, as the first thing you do, just do not try to run over people you need to cooperate with later on... sometimes they shrug and accept being the underdog, but sometimes they have a sense of self-respect and own boundaries to keep.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I haven't slept properly lately and at this state the only things I put my hopes in is that the upcoming medical examinations would provide something treatable for this crap

Top Bottom