• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC5 comes out tomorrow and I have yet to pre-order it so I can get all the goodies... What the funk am I waiting for?! Although to be fair, I didn't realize it was coming out so soon and my personal life has been a roller coaster of fu@k. Finishing the book, getting family members to agree to go into a nursing home, plumbers, cops, and mcfrickin' washing machines!
Oh and work can suck my big, fat, Kingdom Key pickle because yes boss give me 30 tasks to do while you eat pizza. Truly this is the age of "equality." Then their is the studying for school because I swear to Peter Jackson the person who invented Math needs to be beat, scolded, and shot in the a$s seventeen times only for the wound to be fixed so that it may be shot another twenty-five times! It's not like the pressure is on or anything no, I'm just trying to get into Trade School and funk Math to hell!
Oh and "my girl" (that is what I choose to call her cuz I don't really want a relationship) is clinging to me like I'm the answer to mother flippin' cancer! Like lady, give me time to miss you because right now I hate your face. (Love the hair though, add some length to it and she'll be just fine) so yeah I've had a long month and omG Kingdom Hearts won't end! Damn you Nomura damn you to Nintendo Hell!!!

Well... I feel so much better.

So yeah SRS has returned folks, how is everyone doing?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There's people actually defending Rape Day, saying they don't see anything wrong with it...

I'm sorry, there is going against oversensitive SJW bullshit, and then there's ****ing depravation. What a bunch of sick idiots.

I'm surprised that game made it to Steam in the first place. About time they pulled it out.
... Pun not intended.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
You know what? It is perfectly ok to not be regarded as successful.

Got nothing to prove to anyone, so why the pressure? Especially when it comes to disability or difficulty. It's like the attitude is, "well, surely you have some amazing ability hidden away or some glorious testimonial of how you overcame xyz and are now leading a proper life"

How about no? How about it being perfectly ok to just live without having to prove that there's more to your life than what it is? I mean, if you're ok with how things are then why can't other people back off?

I just read an article about how "disabled people can be successful too" and it's ticked me off some. The impression given is that unless you have "overcome" your disability, your life is being wasted somehow. And that irks me because what if you don't want to be a Paralympic or Rainman or some spokesperson for diversity and inclusion? What if, like my son, you just want to go to the seaside and watch the seals? Or be a post office worker and stamp letters? What if you just want to crack on with the hand you've been dealt without this bizarre external pressure to become something deemed worthy?

More power to you if you've got no legs and want to run a marathon, vlogging as you go, wanting to inspire the world and change perceptions. But not everyone needs to do that and they shouldn't be judged for not having an agenda.

There's more to life than striving just to meet an unspoken expectation which ends up defining you.

Go to the seaside. Watch the seals. And enjoy it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Debating what I'm going to say to my friend when I return her Dave Pelzer books, when she inevitably asks what I think. I don't think I can even finish the first book. I don't think the stories are an outright fabrication, but I do think they're greatly embellished. Not because I can't conceive of such horrors (obviously I can), but because some of it completely defies physical possibility.

Ugh. >.> Why is it people think my saying, "I'm an avid reader" means I'll read horrific, supposedly non-fiction accounts of abuse? The only non-fiction I like is the research kind; why would I want to read about someone else's ****ty childhood when I lived my own? Seriously, who could derive any kind of enjoyment from that kind of reading--and if not enjoyment, it's not like I could find solace in another's suffering. All it would do is make it that much harder to shut my own out. I especially didn't appreciate my friend saying, when I asked if it might have a triggering effect, "Oh no, this was so much worse. This was outright torture".

No offense, but just because I somewhat opened up to you about the things I suffered through doesn't 1) Mean I told all, and 2) Mean you get to quantify one person's suffering against another's. It's only because I know she probably meant no offense by it that I didn't counter it, but man, does that **** ever **** me off--and frankly, it's the reason I don't tell people all. Because most people can't conceive of someone they know having gone through some real ****, but they readily accept it when some stranger publishes a series dedicated to their childhood trauma. How that works, I'll never know, but I deeply resent it.

Last edited:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Why are people so quick to discard the past works of women for the sake of propping up things in the present? You have all these headlines saying "with the release of Captain Marvel, little girls *finally* have a role model to look up to!" and it's like, "cool, I guess all those past pieces of entertainment starring women don't count as role models, and neither do any historical women and their hard work."

It's the same thing people were saying when Wonder Woman was released 2 years ago, she was apparently the first role model for women ever, and now she's also being discarded for the sake of propping up Carol. A year or two from now, Carol's gonna be thrown aside for the sake of some other protagonist, and then that one will be forgotten for the next, and so on.

I get that the headline "the very FIRST woman ever!!!!" gets people's attention more than "yet another role model for women" does, but ignoring the works of previous women for the sake of clicks is disgusting. Stop it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
"Grow a pair and shut up." I'm sorry? my joke about getting carried away with my writing ideas was so offensive to your morals??? I literally was just saying there needed to be an off button at the end of my fic?? Why are you even following writing blogs if you don't want to see us angsting about our writing??? The f***??

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You'd think I've been climbing mountains and swinging swords and heavy monsters around all night, the way my body is packing up today.
...okay so I have been doing exactly that in game, but that doesn't explain why my shoulder feels dislocated and my back has an invisible sword stuck in it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Angel - Because most people seem to think that everyone wants to strive to become better and better and better in life and can’t seem to fathom that that isn’t necessarily the case. We don’t all want to conform to society’s ideals and if we’re happy then we simply are and others should be less concerned about us and focus more on themselves. The world is very judgemental.

VengeanceSavage

All that you were programmed to be afraid of
I'm sick of my depression siphoning my enthusiasm from me. I used to have so much passion for my coursework, and now I can barely comprehend the material. It's frustrating. I'm not getting the most out of my college experience. I'll be glad when this semester is over...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm sick of my depression siphoning my enthusiasm from me. I used to have so much passion for my coursework, and now I can barely comprehend the material. It's frustrating. I'm not getting the most out of my college experience. I'll be glad when this semester is over...

Sorry to hear man. I got a couple of helpful tips. 1. Go play some DMC 5. That cheers me up. 2. You can shoot me a PM if you got some stuff you want to chat about. 3. Find something else to take your mind off troubles and unwind. Any sort of hobby or something that helps you to relax and might even regain some of that enthusiasm again.

Anything is worth a try, right? :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im in the same boat pal. Everyday can be a struggle against being numb/apathethic.

Remember your not as weak as you feel.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was never good at Math. Whether it was back at school or the present, the "simplest" math problems and their answers elude me. The other thing that bothers me is that some equations require you to write out these long strings of formulas "learned" in prior lessons which are supposed to lead you to the answer. But God forbid you forget or mis answer a formula because then your entire equation goes to Hell.
I find no enjoyment from Math and re-learning all of this stuff for a important test is death-con 4 to my fragile state of mind. So in short, too all those gifted in Math, I am jealous of you and I pray a blind Nun driving a school bus full of sick children hits you. Thank you and good night.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I was never good at Math. Whether it was back at school or the present, the "simplest" math problems and their answers elude me. The other thing that bothers me is that some equations require you to write out these long strings of formulas "learned" in prior lessons which are supposed to lead you to the answer. But God forbid you forget or mis answer a formula because then your entire equation goes to Hell.
I find no enjoyment from Math and re-learning all of this stuff for a important test is death-con 4 to my fragile state of mind. So in short, too all those gifted in Math, I am jealous of you and I pray a blind Nun driving a school bus full of sick children hits you. Thank you and good night.

Top Bottom