• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I wasn't even talking about Trump support. I'm talking that when Ghosbusters was anounced, new director complemented stuff of GB2016, which only lead to actress starting to fling insults at new movie, because of how butthurt she is. That's pathetic imo.
Basically being sarcastic towards the lady who made the tweet, in which I agree was pathetic. Okay.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Got around to seeing No Country For Old Men, and the first 75% was pretty good, but man those last 30 minutes sucked. Absolutely nothing happens, then Tommy Lee Jones mumbles...something....and then the credits play because the movie decided it was over. Total let down.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
FFS, DA! Give me my effing refund, already! The fact that I was charged multiple times for a membership I never got is ****ing ridiculous! How the **** is it supposedly "not working due to x reason", yet I got charged every single ****ing time I attempted---which was A LOT, by the way.

**** you, DA. **** you and your bullshit, half-assed staffing.

If they don't get back to me, I hope my bank can reverse the charges. Stress sucks at the best of times, but this is just too ****ing much...

Edit: Monetary crisis averted. Now I can go back to worrying about little, unimportant things again. :dead:

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The recent success of Apex Legends is all the more proof that we gamers are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

"Waaaaahhh, EA thinks all people want is multiplayer games, WHERE'S MUH SINGLE PLAYER!!1!!1!"
Then they release Apex, and guess what happens, everybody rushes to play it and sings its praise. Good job on proving EA right. Now by all means, in the near future, proceed to moan about how all EA publishes is multiplayer stuff.

It's gonna be your fault if that happens, gamers. You dumbasses.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 I didn't picked it, but here's something to consider: it's free. you can't really measure downnloads of free game to 60 priced game. Not everyone going to double down on microtransiction.

EA's stock is already recovering thanks to Apex alone. And at the end of the day, it's not even a matter of Apex only. The most popular (and profitable, thanks to their huge Esport scenes) games out there are multiplayer. I just hate hearing people acting like publishers are delusional about gamers as a whole preferring SP to MP. It's clearly not true. It might be sad for the vocal minority like you and me but that's the way it is.

It's not EA's fault, or any publisher's, to think that going MP is the way. It's ours, for allowing those games to take over so much and being hypocrites. As always, we love to blame everything on corporate rather than admitting our share of responsibilities. It starts with us, first and foremost.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
EA's stock is already recovering thanks to Apex alone. And at the end of the day, it's not even a matter of Apex only. The most popular (and profitable, thanks to their huge Esport scenes) games out there are multiplayer. I just hate hearing people acting like publishers are delusional about gamers as a whole preferring SP to MP. It's clearly not true. It might be sad for the vocal minority like you and me but that's the way it is.

It's not EA's fault, or any publisher's, to think that going MP is the way. It's ours, for allowing those games to take over so much and being hypocrites. As always, we love to blame everything on corporate rather than admitting our share of responsibilities. It starts with us, first and foremost.
That's yes and no. For example God of War and Spiderman sold like hot cakes and so do most nintendo games. RE2 is already huge success. Problem is that they rather measuring how to make less for more profit, and it bites them in the ass, like it happened with Fallout and Battlefield. The thing is that when they say SP games are dying it's not true. Being SP doesn't mean it's flop. Being MP doesn't guarantee success.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Selfish, entitled, disrespectful little cow.

Ain't nothing stopping you from moving out if living here is so damn difficult for you.

Context: I asked, not demanded, that eldest child empty a bin for me. Cue tirade of why she shouldn't have to - ends with me literally crying before she begrudgingly agrees to help.

She will die on her self-absorbed backside when she finally does leave home and realises life isn't one party and no landlord on this earth will let her treat the place like a freaking hotel...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
jxmewsbkmih21.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, I was listening to the radio on the way back from work and they were talking about how Honda is set to pull out its assembly plant in the UK and everyone is blaming Brexit with people on the radio unironically saying those UK Honda workers who voted in favour for Brexit should be singled out and made redundant before those who voted against it.

What the hell is happening to this country? :mad:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You, sir, should not be talking books and business at midnight to a tired (and giddy) writer. Therefore, I shall be a snob and ignore you until I eventually remember to get back to you... which may or may not be tomorrow. It's a gamble, my memory.

Funny how it doesn't take long to realise just how buggered up my body actually is. Yeah, I'm constantly complaining about cramps and bad headaches and painful hands and being tired, but I never accepted how severe it is until I stopped work a couple of weeks back. Now that I'm not running after kids trying to save them from breaking down the house, or hurting each other, or hurting themselves, and I'm quiet and doing research and a lot of writing, I can really feel how bad it is.

I mean, it's flippin bad.
The worst of it is that I'm out of whiskey and I finished the last of the wine tonight.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Gods, Twitter is such a ****ing dumpster fire, sometimes.

If someone is being a bigot, I fully support going and saying your piece to them. Know what I don't support? Using that gigantic ****ing chip in your shoulder to twist someone's words and instigating a witch-hunt against them. Or harassing them by projecting YOUR bullshit, when their post literally had nothing to do with your experiences, but focused on a specific demographic's experiences.

Do you have to agree with the subject matter? Of course not. Which also means you're free to continue on your ****ing way, instead of becoming a hostile twat-waffle just because their question was directed at the male populace, and not your extreme, misandrist ass.

Tl;dr: If someone's stupid enough to actively be a bigot, then go for broke. If someone is asking an innocent question about something you don't personally agree with, ****ing get over yourself; the world doesn't start at the end of your ****ing nose. :meh:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The recent success of Apex Legends is all the more proof that we gamers are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

"Waaaaahhh, EA thinks all people want is multiplayer games, WHERE'S MUH SINGLE PLAYER!!1!!1!"
Then they release Apex, and guess what happens, everybody rushes to play it and sings its praise. Good job on proving EA right. Now by all means, in the near future, proceed to moan about how all EA publishes is multiplayer stuff.

It's gonna be your fault if that happens, gamers. You dumbasses.
That's the best thing about acquiring companies. You stand to benefit from acquiring another company and then your stock goes up when your new game is taking a s#i^ (Anthem). EA acquired Respawn (COD4 devs), so of course the stock price goes up. All they have to do is be hands off, and shut up. 50 Million players in Apex Legends is more than a good thing. But I know somehow, some way, EA is going to #@^& that up.

*shrugs*

Top Bottom