• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You sure they didn't just get tangled up in instructions and just now figured them out? XD
Maybe. Knowing those two, they probably didn't even read the instructions. :tongue:

New rant: I got a new computer, and now when I start up, I get a totally blank desktop. I've found out it's something to do with explorer.exe not starting up. So, I know how to fix it, but having to do that on a brand new computer is disgraceful; especially when I have to fix it every time I switch the computer on.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
somebody said that shailene woodly had become a slut because of the CHARACTER she's PLAYING in a MOVIE is promiscuous . it's **** like this that makes me sad to be a part of humanity
Someone needs to know the difference between real life and being a character in a movie.

It's like when an actress from Game of Thrones was stopped at a shop and told to keep her child under control. Only problem was, the child they were talking about was the child in the TV show. :laugh::facepalm:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So... no 'taking turns' here, then?

Alright. :unsure:
well...i mean, it's up to her really. i have no issue with it

Someone needs to know the difference between real life and being a character in a movie.

It's like when an actress from Game of Thrones was stopped at a shop and told to keep her child under control. Only problem was, the child they were talking about was the child in the TV show. :laugh::facepalm:
i thought game of throne s WAS real life. isn't it based off of a true story?

Last edited by a moderator:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
1. Money [Even though they SAY family comes first... yeah right.]

2. Success [Even though they constantly ask other people for "help"... hypocrites.]

3. Offspring [Because what's life without your own personal trophy to show off with, right?]

4. That's all that matters because although they say that family and independence come first, they lie through their teeth because they need to justify their overly-competitive, "keep-up-with-the-Jones" existence.

5. Oh, wait... I forgot my personal favorite: A social life... even though having one hasn't helped anyone at all so far (outside of networking for jobs and such I mean).

6. Maybe if they focused more on their own personal success instead of telling others HOW TO FRACKING LIVE, they'd actually BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THEMSELVES instead of just coming across as duplicitous.

Also, Speaking of the Sanctimonious...

STOP+SPENDING+MY+MONEY,+nationalteaparty.jpg

You might wanna go easy on your little trophies' wallets there, guys; they're the ones who'll end up having to take care of you when you're old, after all... :cautious:

7. Religion: This one's a toughie, since they used to stress the importance of it, but now realize that the real world has made its true appearance not just with them, but pretty much with everyone, everywhere (in some form or another).

It was time to wake up to reality, regardless.

No sense in telling others how "evil" or "lazy" they are if they can't even reach the same point of success that they're telling everyone else to try and reach for.

So, while before it was used to appear morally superior, now they're just asking God for a break, instead.

Which is understandable. Just don't tell me that I'm going to Hell because I didn't follow the rules. Like I said, worry about yourselves first.

Besides, I have a pretty good idea what's waiting for me anyway...

That was a joke, by the way. I don't think anyone really wants that.

------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing: "Money" and "Success" aren't interchangeable here. They want a "nice" (prestigious) job with a convenient location to all their contacts so that they don't have to give anything up.

Not having to move would be nice, but guess what? Life happens. Once in a while (or even several times), you're going to have to relocate. Just move already. It's that simple.

What all this also means is that they're not ready to actually make a sacrifice once in a while and stop paying for weddings, lifestyle conveniences and comforts, and so on and so forth.

------------------------------------------------------------

So, one could be making enough money to live fine on their own, but then The Others come along and say that that said individual has to make more -- before turning around and asking for help yet again, that's when they've crossed the line.

Inconceivable.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Why on earth would anyone be keeping their wife and child for so much as a night in a house proven to be haunted by numerous evil spirits hellbent on possessing people, even with special ghost-catching wallpaper as temporary measure, let alone until it's sold? In fact, why is he selling the haunted house to another unsuspecting person and why is the ghost expert so calm about it?
Story has interesting points, but not much logic.

KRSkull

Why on earth would anyone be keeping their wife and child for so much as a night in a house proven to be haunted by numerous evil spirits hellbent on possessing people, even with special ghost-catching wallpaper as temporary measure, let alone until it's sold? In fact, why is he selling the haunted house to another unsuspecting person and why is the ghost expert so calm about it?
Story has interesting points, but not much logic.

I guess Ghosts, Evil spirits and logic don't like to mix up. just like Oil and water.

KRSkull

So I noticed. I guess it would be hard to build scary stories with people exercising caution all the time. XD

Well not really. Sometimes you could prepare yourself for something and then you find out that all that work that you did to prepare yourself didn't work. A good example i can think of is preparing yourself to not get scared and jump when you are watching a scary movie.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So, I thought she was getting better, no crying down the phone to me about how she's ruined her life for a few months....finally took my advice to see the doctor and take antidepressants, then suddenly she rings today saying those pills are making her feel even more depressed. I have no idea what to suggest now if those things aren't helping. Maybe it's an adjustment time or something? All I can think is thank goodness I've never been on pills for anything if that's what happens, and I hope she can get the doctor to give her different pills or give her a coping strategy to stop her feeling so down and full of regret.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So, I thought she was getting better, no crying down the phone to me about how she's ruined her life for a few months....finally took my advice to see the doctor and take antidepressants, then suddenly she rings today saying those pills are making her feel even more depressed. I have no idea what to suggest now if those things aren't helping. Maybe it's an adjustment time or something? All I can think is thank goodness I've never been on pills for anything if that's what happens, and I hope she can get the doctor to give her different pills or give her a coping strategy to stop her feeling so down and full of regret.
has she tried checking out a hospital for a few weeks? it's not for everybody, but for some it just does the trick

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Depending on the pills, it can take anything up to 6 weeks to start seeing any effects - indeed, to begin with it can make you feel worse. Gotta love the two-page list of side-effects you get with most of them though. Reading through that is enough to give you depression in the first place...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
She also can't be solely dependent on the pills. Pills are never a cure. They are just a little assistance to help you not get so overwhelmed, but you still have to put forward an effort to feel better. I know quite a few people who take the pills prescribed by doctors and expect things to turn around due to that. Not really the case.

Trust me, I know. I'm diagnosed with bipolar disorder, depression, and OCD. I know how bad depression can get. The days where you feel like a pre-montage Rocky are pretty much inevitable, but it doesn't have to consume you and control every aspect of your life.

The mind is a complex biological computer that just can't be programmed any way you want with pills. Sometimes it will take trying multiple medications, or different kinds of doses, to find out what truly works for you. Everyone is different. It took me not only going to doctors and shuffling through different pills, but me learning more about my problems and understanding myself. All that to get to a pretty stable position in life that I can say I'm proud of. Sure, I still fight off these inner demons every single day, but I've gotten better. I fell seven times and stood up eight. And believe me, depression made me fall far before too. To those dark places where I could have not been talking to you guys today. But I pulled myself out of it with all the help I could get. Helping myself get stronger in the process.

Plus, you're her friend and probably one of the best people to talk to. Even more than some doctors or psychiatrists because you know her. You know the person she is. A person with depression doesn't want to feel ashamed for having it, nor do they want to feel shrugged off. Sometimes just saying hi and letting them know you're thinking about them can make all the difference in the world.

You might not know what to say about treating depression medically, but just say something and still be there. That helps too.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Steam
I hate you
I love your sales, but your service sucks.
I posted a topic on Steamcommunity regarding DMC4, and for some reasons multiple people are having the same problem as me for it! And Steam hasn't helped besides "Just uninstall and reinstall Steam" yeah no it doesn't work **** nuts.
When I press install on DMC4, it doesn't even install! It instantly downloads because there's "Nothing to download"
and then it won't run, it's ****ing stupid.

Top Bottom