• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Viper

Premium
If you ever find yourself in situation when an elderly member of the family has opportunity to be placed in a nice retirement home, but refuses cause they still feel well enough to live alone... tell them to shut the **** up and put them in the home.
Our lives are frustrating enough without grandma's blunders, the last one being losing the heating bill and 600kn she was gonna use to pay it cause she just had to put them in her coat's pocket. This is the second time she loses money this way. The home option we can forget now, cause she'd have to wait at least 5 years for her turn.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Tablo? Why don't you recognize my password? I swear, we've been at this for ten minutes and you aren't telling me I've spelled anything wrong, you're just not logging me in. Dude...please...I just want to add those fics to my follow list. :dead:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Tablo? Why don't you recognize my password? I swear, we've been at this for ten minutes and you aren't telling me I've spelled anything wrong, you're just not logging me in. Dude...please...I just want to add those fics to my follow list. :dead:

I think it's a common bug on the site. I noticed that if you close the browser and try again, it'll go through. It also has this annoying tendency to not remember you (so you auto log-in)...at least not on a normal comp. My tablet keeps me logged in, there. >.<

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So I started Alien: Isolation DLC....Hey! I'm back with Ripley....only for it to crush on me twice on same place. ... nice work, that's exactly what I wanted from preorder DLC :shifty:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
David Fincher and David Lynch should fuse into one conjoined-twin person... and direct a movie version of Silent Hill 2.

... And title it, "Silent Hill: Lakeview."

Because the way I see it, it's more or less "separated" (and rightfully so, that game is an interactive experience of its own class; far and away from anything else of its kind) from the rest of the series, and should be treated as such.

That's just my own personal view, though. I know everyone else will disagree, so that's all I'll say on the matter.

Reactions: Jak

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Excuse me if I'm still feeling a bit raw about you discrediting how I feel about the world I'm creating. What was that? Oh, this is the real world, and that's the fantasy? Well no ****, I never would have guessed--of course I ****ing know that's the fantasy! But why on earth should that mean it's any less important--any less real--to me?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No, what I meant was that I hate this world so much that the one I had 'created' is far more preferable.

Ah, never mind.

And now the opening for Princes of the Universe has -- ok I'll stop now.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Some of the online rules for Smash are really stupid. You can get penalized for dropping out of matches. I got a temp ban for dropping out of ONE match, and that was only because the lag was really really bad. The game didn't disconnect us so here we are stuck with a two minute timer that's taking 30 seconds for basically just one second to pass. No one wants to stick around for this. Multiple people just decided to drop it. One time got me like a 10 minute temp ban.

tumblr_inline_ngve1e4rcB1t22vpi.gif

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
on the one hand, i do understand that perhaps from past experience you know that inviting me out of an evening is going to result in me declining because of the issues we have with Jake at night time. But i won't pretend i don't find it slightly insulting that you don't even bother to ask at all and instead invite every single one of our mutual friends and publicly discuss your plans knowing full well that i can see the conversation playing out on FB.

yes, my son is disabled. yes, that means i probably will say no. but would it really be that hard to invite me anyway just in case? i already feel utterly alienated - i could do without this.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
It really bugs me when people say the infected in The Last of Us aren't zombies.

If they shamble around, bite people, and the bitten become one of them, and they cause the apocalypse, and large groups of people become bandits and such because of them, and people are looking for a cure, they're zombies.

"ergh, but der not ded"

Yeah, so 1 vs 6 reasons.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It really bugs me when people say the infected in The Last of Us aren't zombies.

If they shamble around, bite people, and the bitten become one of them, and they cause the apocalypse, and large groups of people become bandits and such because of them, and people are looking for a cure, they're zombies.

"ergh, but der not ded"

Yeah, so 1 vs 6 reasons.
It is pretty silly. Those are people who will also probably say 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie. :banghead:

Exejpgwmv

"ergh, but der not ded"

Yeah, so 1 vs 6 reasons.
o_O

Don't zombies have to be reanimated corpses?

I'm not exactly an expert on zombies, but isn't that their most defining characteristic?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

"ergh, but der not ded"

Yeah, so 1 vs 6 reasons.
In some movies getting bitten turns you into vampires or werewolves. Sometimes they turn into half-consiouss predators acting on the instinct. So summarizing everything that can bite and turn you into zombies is far to generalizing. From technical standpoint they aren't zombies, otherwise creatures from the Thing could be classified as zombies too. Or Necromorphs from Dead Space

Meg

Yeah, but it's all pretty much the same thing though. "Technically" no, the infected in The Last of Us and necromorphs in Dead Space aren't "zombies," but they are so similar that it makes sense to lump them all together. Because honestly, tomatoes may not be what springs to mind when you think of fruit, but it's still a fruit.

Top Bottom