• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, Necromorphs aren't brought back to life, they have no need for vital organs or anything like that, they only "die" when their bodies are too useless to make more bodies. Even then they aren't destroyed, just dormant.

Anyway, my current rant, more of a thought is this: I HATE it when I have to tell someone I don't like their characters, but that's how I feel sometimes. If I feel your character has no likeable qualities I'm going to tell you that. It doesn't mean I like making you feel bad, it means I think your character is flat. Just spice it up a little instead of making godmode characters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They are not zombies. They are infected with rage virus. They explians that in the begining of the movie.

Saying that the infected in 28 days\weeks later are zombies. Is like saying Cujo is a zombie dog.
Um, yea, I know it's a rage virus. I own the flick. It's great. It's still considered a zombie movie though.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They are not zombies. They are infected with rage virus. They explians that in the begining of the movie.

Saying that the infected in 28 days\weeks later are zombies. Is like saying Cujo is a zombie dog.
Kujo is a zombie dog. PERIOD.....Jokes aside. They all are horde enemies. In Assault on Precinct 13 you had same kind of principle as zombies, but they weren't zombies. Zombie is reanimated corpse OR mindless human controlled by someone's will. Since neither in TLOU nor in Dead Space it's the case, I can't consider them as zombies.

KRSkull

CRT: You know what's really annoying and depressing. Me being 29. Don't have any friends in real life, Still don't know what i like and what i hate, Don't know what i want to do with my life. And have no F***ing clue of why i wake up at 4 am every morning and leave home at 4:30 am and walk for 75 minutes to work which by the way i have no feelings for what so ever. And to spice things up i don't know why i go to work on foot and try to go the distance. i am not sure what motivates me to do it. and i am not sure what and to whom am i trying to prove.

But wait there is more

The more i go out for a walk to clear my head and try to find the answers. I always end up with more questions and i just say F*** everyone and everything and go to bed and cry myself to sleep.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
smash2.jpg

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I know you like talking to that mentally disabled woman that lives downstairs when you meet her on the hallway, but if she is coughing up her lungs and it's flu season, it's better to keep distance. Now you got the flu, dad got the flu and that surgery on his leg he was preparing for he can most likely forget for time being.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Why so many manga writers think it's cool to insert completely OP villain only for main hero become even more OP in last chapter and one-shot him to hell? I mean, what's the point? Where is development? What's with all secondary characters? Why they can't check Fullmetal Alchemist for reference how not to undermine everyone beside main character.? huh?

Viper

Premium
I'd like to apologize to Indiana Jones and pretty much every detective and gangster from a movie set in first half of 20th century (as well as the actual folks from that time period, must not forget them) that the name of their cool hat is now being mistakenly used for a symbol of self-centered idiots that are only brave when talking through screen and are actually wearing a trilby hat.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So...normally, I'm really nice to my reviewers, but one has just come along that I'm sorely tempted to be a total sarcastic b*tch to. I mean, you've just read a three thousand word chapter and your entire review is a question that is word-for-word something I explained in my author's note? I mean, what the hell? I'm torn between "congratulations! You can read! :shifty:" and "are you f*cking kidding me? :bored:" Really, reviewer...really? I don't...I don't know how to respond to this politely. :unsure:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Jack, The American Ghost
It started as a horror story, still has elements of horror, but for a good number of chapters now the relationship between the main heroine and Jack is really worthy of a facepalm, and not with regular hand but with Nero's devil bringer.
Thanks, gonna keep my distance from it. I rather look for a real horror :D

Viper

Premium
I started playing DMC4 on devil hunter difficulty, thinking since I'm doing DMC3 okay on hard, this one shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Well guess what, I give up! Sanctus and his cowardly tactics have ****ed me off way too much for me to pick up the controller again, and this was just the first battle with him. On human difficulty, this fight was okay. On this one... am I crazy or is the difference just huge? I am **** in mid-air battle, but to not being able to land a single hit that counts? And he just keeps floating away and away...
Screw it, I'm sticking to first 3 games and this one I'll just do on easy for occasional fun.:grumpy:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This isn't a serious rant, but, sometime last year, I made a post here about how my friends really needed me to drive them to Ikea to buy furniture.

I found out via a text a few moments ago that they only just made this furniture. But last year, it was so urgent that I had to go to Ikea that specific day to pick it up with them. Clearly was not that urgent if they have only just assembled it now. :rolleyes:

It's not that I mind, but, next time, I'm going to make sure they really need me to drive them before we go. I can't just drop everything and drive for ages now that I have a bit too much to do atm.

Viper

Premium
This isn't a serious rant, but, sometime last year, I made a post here about how my friends really needed me to drive them to Ikea to buy furniture.

I found out via a text a few moments ago that they only just made this furniture. But last year, it was so urgent that I had to go to Ikea that specific day to pick it up with them. Clearly was not that urgent if they have only just assembled it now. :rolleyes:

It's not that I mind, but, next time, I'm going to make sure they really need me to drive them before we go. I can't just drop everything and drive for ages now that I have a bit too much to do atm.
You sure they didn't just get tangled up in instructions and just now figured them out? XD

Joke aside, some people really don't seem to realize their friends have lives too.

Top Bottom