• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
has she tried checking out a hospital for a few weeks? it's not for everybody, but for some it just does the trick
I don't know if she can considering the family situation, but I could mention it. Maybe some rest could do her good.

But I'm not sure...she's the kind of person who would think it is shameful to say she needs to go to a hospital. It took me long enough to get her to think about going to see a doctor, let alone actually doing it and getting medical help. Maybe it'll just take time for her to think about the idea before actually doing it.

Plus, you're her friend and probably one of the best people to talk to. Even more than some doctors or psychiatrists because you know her. You know the person she is. A person with depression doesn't want to feel ashamed for having it, nor do they want to feel shrugged off. Sometimes just saying hi and letting them know you're thinking about them can make all the difference in the world.

You might not know what to say about treating depression medically, but just say something and still be there. That helps too.
I'm going to do the best I can to listen when she wants to let off stress. It's hard for me because I hate hearing her so down that she's crying. Her other problem is that she thinks she's abnormal for being like that. So, on the times she does go outside, she puts on a happy image, but I know that really she's upset inside and frustrated with how things are.
I've tried to tell her that what she's feeling isn't something to be ashamed about, that people are much more aware and accepting of depression, and that anyone can have depression in different forms; but she still feels that it's her problem that she must try and cover up.

I'm thinking maybe getting her out of the house again might help though. One of the things she said was that she felt trapped at home. Just something little like doing the shopping with her or taking her to a tea room for cake could help. I know cake cheers me up; and we could talk honestly about her feelings. Sometimes she seems to hold herself back with that, not even telling her husband how she is because she doesn't want to trouble him. But, considering how she is with me, when she finally snaps and lets it all out, I think it's better if she tries to talk about her feelings whenever she can instead of storing up all that frustration and upset.

I'm not sure if this is something that she'll have to be with all her life now, or something that maybe comes and goes, but hopefully there's a way to help her out either way.

It's just so strange seeing her go from excited and happy and outgoing, to being so distraught. It's like a switch flipped and sometimes I don't know what to do or say for the best. I don't live her life, I'm not in her head, so I'll just do my best to try and help her overcome this in any way she needs.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Listening is best - true listening whereby the listener does not try and say the right stuff or fix everything. The person speaking needs to get to the fixing stage themselves but will need willing and no judgemental people to simply listen to them as they try and figure stuff out.

Chancey is right - pills alone are not the answer. By hell I wish they were some days. But until your friend is in that place of readiness to start getting better, listen listen listen. But don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by her problems. Even trained counsellors must attend regular debriefs to stop them burning out. You can't be everything to her but you're still being her friend by saying that you can't fix it or promise it will all be OK but you will listen if she needs it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sadly in the end Alien: Isolation is another game that would work better as film, rather than game. Gameplay is to random and unbalanced and level structures is basically same every time (get to point A, trigger alarm, return) Story is really much more suited for 1,5 hour film than 16 hour game

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
depression...ugh. you have horrible ****ing timing. y u no show up when life was kinda good? always when i'm treading amanda todd territory. hmmm. unless you LIKE playing this game with me...almost akin to a staring contest. well then. may the best man win jackass

KRSkull

I agree, though I'd replace fire in woods with fireplace in living room. I love woods, but woods have lots of things that don't love me. XD

Well i agree with you. but at least in the woods there is no idiots riding their cars and blowing the speakers up with that really loud where people scream every single word.

Wasn't that in a movie? I think a Star Trek one.

Yes it was. and its one of my favorite Star Trek movies

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
CRT: I don't know why but there is a certain member of this forum (whose name will be kept in the dark part of my brain) i can't stand no matter how hard and what i try. And i have no idea why i despise that member.

:'( What did I do this time? (Kidding, kidding...it can't possibly be me...right? Right?)

It's ok, I still love you.

*hugs* shhhh no tears, only dreams.

This made me laugh a lot harder than it should have. :laugh:

CRT: Why? Why do I even bother? You tell me I'm the voice of reason, but we both know you won't listen to me, anyway, and that you're just going to take things the way you always do (failing to see the logical side of things).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Damn it all!

As if I didn't notice that before; nearly an entire day's worth of writing, scrapped--and all because of one measly line, due to one measly continuity error.

Why? Why you do this to me, WoN? Why?! :banghead:

As if one solitary piece of dialogue is my undoing, right now.

Okay, deep breaths...it's just a minor set back; some of yesterday's work can be salvaged and reintegrated into the main doc again; we'll just have to change the rest of it, that's all.

We can do this...still a ****ing pain in the ass, though. >.<

Viper

Premium
Power hungry and trying to suppress emotions does not equal to impotent or having perfect control over ones needs. Cutting down thugs that attacked first or not sparing a real thought on what would happen to humans once the gate is open does not equal to hating humans. Like in all conflicts through history, they would be just regretful casualties.
Vergil is actually quite easily swayed if you know what will spark his interest. Underneath that cold exterior he is also very much a man made of flesh and blood.
He is also more likely to get laid with a human than a demon on the account that demons want to kill him since he is a descendant of Sparda. Not wanting to make a baby that is too human, therefore weak in his reasoning, kinda pales when one thinks Nero was very likely an accident. Does Vergil really strike you as a person that thinks of every detail in advance? He is also quite obviously not immune to mistakes.
Even the timeline reasoning depends on which interview you've been reading.
They never mention Nero's mother? Really? That's your reason? That's A reason? Last I checked, they haven't really mentioned anything about Vergil's personal life, doesn't mean he didn't have one.
Capcom is famous for plotholes? Yes, but does that mean they can just be left open when one can fill at least this one with a bit of effort?

These are all the excuses I saw on the internet, some are old, some I just saw pop up, yet of people who cringe at Nero is Vergil's son theory you can count on fingers of one hand (maybe both hands if you dig a little deeper) those that admit it's first and foremost a personal preference.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I can't help but think that Vergil being a father to someone was planned since the time DMC3 was made. And if done correctly ( with some speculation on my part), Vergil will turn out to have noblier reasons than Dante to do what he did.

Top Bottom