• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

KRSkull

Those things you see in Resident Evil 4 and 5 (I don't know about 6 because i haven't checked it out) and those things from 28 days and 28 weeks later are not Zombies. They are infected. there is a difference. Do some research before you start spitting **** everywhere.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I haven't played the piano in months, my hands feel so rusty it's pitiful. I HAVE to put time aside each day to practice, it's just too lame to find myself forgetting everything I know.

Try to play! I'd love to play piano but decided to learn violin and that's too much too handle as it is XD I picked it up the other day after a year of it gathering dust and I realised I can't read music anymore. Quite scary how quickly I forgot. I found it so much easier to practise while paying for a teacher, mostly because I was scared I'd get a row (even at my age) that I hadn't improved and the fact it was £12 for 30mins. I quit because of the money though, that’s a crap lot o money to pay every week. Then again, becuase I've forgotten alot, that's quite a bit of money I wasted T_T

Does my chapstick just...grow legs and walk away from me?

Yes! It does, then when I do a good clean I find about 6 of them >_>

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Try to play! I'd love to play piano but decided to learn violin and that's too much too handle as it is XD I picked it up the other day after a year of it gathering dust and I realised I can't read music anymore. Quite scary how quickly I forgot. I found it so much easier to practise while paying for a teacher, mostly because I was scared I'd get a row (even at my age) that I hadn't improved and the fact it was £12 for 30mins. I quit because of the money though, that’s a crap lot o money to pay every week. Then again, becuase I've forgotten alot, that's quite a bit of money I wasted T_T

I know the feeling, although I'm better/faster at reading the sheet music now, if I don't practice I just forget where to put the fingers on a scale, it's frustrating.

I had a teacher for a while when I was a kid, but not for that many lessons... I refused to play scales for hours on end and she dumped me as a student I think because she didn't think I was taking it seriously. I was, I just hate scales. But I love learning new music that I like so somehow I managed to keep going with it, but yea... I thought it'd be like riding a bike - something you never forget - but you do and I've forgotten loads of things that I knew so well I could play them with my eyes shut -__-

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I play the violin too. I started as a 'f-ck you' to a school music teacher who didn't think I'd be any good. So my parents paid for private lessons from an outside tutor who taught other members of my family. I've been playing since I was 8 and haven't stopped since.

Got to say though, I hated grade exams, and I still hate playing scales and arpeggios; and if someone asks me what key signature the music is in, I still wouldn't be able to tell them after all these years of learning:lol: I can read music fine, but I learn best by listening and then copying.

I also hated being in string ensembles and orchestras and Irish folk bands. I liked the actual conerts and events that I played in, but I think it was the rehersal time I hated. I resented giving up my time as a teenager to do it....plus it didn't help that I was the only teenager in an orchestra of adults. >_< As an adult, I'm fine with it now though, and enjoy it much more than when I was younger.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I hated Grade exams too - I've never been more nervous in my whole life. So I only did one.

After that I thought, screw this, I'm not going through all the 'official' stuff like getting grades, I'm just going to teach myself grade 8 pieces in my own time. Which I do. . .

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hated Grade exams too - I've never been more nervous in my whole life. So I only did one.
It was nerves for me too. Plus each year the goal was always taking a grade exam....I just wanted to play for fun.>_< At least when I was 16 I'd done them all. But I didn't do them for me, it was to prove myself to that teacher who said I wouldn't be able to do it when I was 8.
Funny thing was, as soon as this teacher heard what I was doing, she pretended to be my friend just to get me on the shcool orchestra so that they could win a trophy. Of course I turned her down.
After that I thought, screw this, I'm not going through all the 'official' stuff like getting grades, I'm just going to teach myself grade 8 pieces in my own time. Which I do. . .
I have no idea what I did with my grade certificates....probably gathering dust in my parent's attic. So long as you can play and enjoy playing, who cares about pieces of paper.^_^

Reactions: V

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I just do a few scales to warm up before playing stuff - someone told me that concert pianists do six hours of them every day or something like, when I was a kid, and that scared the hell out of me and put me off ever becoming one.

...I'd love to be one though.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I'm not feeling well, I can't get to sleep, and college has Ofsted in this entire week; which means a bunch of lessons comprised of wasting time making targets for a lesson rather than actually doing the work in that lesson... So college, if you think I care if my absence is authorised or not, you're sadly mistaken. In other words; screw it, I'ma do work at home today.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why do those TV programs about people being on benefits always make it look bad for the rest of us? I mean we're not ALL scum that don't actually want a job and try to claim money that isn't rightfully ours or whatnot.

Besides it works both ways anyway. I mean think about all the times hardworking people have had to pay for government expenses out of their tax. For goodness sake, it was the taxpayers that paid for Margaret Thatcher's state funeral. You can't say that working class people on the dole are scum and then take money off of everybody anyway so that some politician that nobody cares about can buy a luxury swimming pool to put in their back garden. Oh but no it's just a one sided argument usually and the stereotypical morale is that if you don't have a job then you're just a useless, lazy, scumbag thug that will more than likely end up on the Jeremy Kyle show arguing about who slept with who and whether you're biologically the father of thirty plus kids. It makes me sick how the media portrays certain things and paints an unpleasant image on modern society.

Yes of course, we're all worthless morons...

Dark Drakan

Admin
*Sigh* The minute you even utter the words 'saving cash' everything goes wrong. My laptop is dead because charger has died & I think the A/C in port is bent or loose connection & got told even though it will cost about £5 in parts to fix it will be £90 labour costs. Then my car breaks down & it seems to be the most stupid issue ever, the ignition has stopped being able to read my keys so the engine wont turnover... :|

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Why do those TV programs about people being on benefits always make it look bad for the rest of us? I mean we're not ALL scum that don't actually want a job and try to claim money that isn't rightfully ours or whatnot.

Besides it works both ways anyway. I mean think about all the times hardworking people have had to pay for government expenses out of their tax. For goodness sake, it was the taxpayers that paid for Margaret Thatcher's state funeral. You can't say that working class people on the dole are scum and then take money off of everybody anyway so that some politician that nobody cares about can buy a luxury swimming pool to put in their back garden. Oh but no it's just a one sided argument usually and the stereotypical morale is that if you don't have a job then you're just a useless, lazy, scumbag thug that will more than likely end up on the Jeremy Kyle show arguing about who slept with who and whether you're biologically the father of thirty plus kids. It makes me sick how the media portrays certain things and paints an unpleasant image on modern society.

Yes of course, we're all worthless morons...

I thought the real scroungers all hung out in Whitehall. You know, the ones that sponge off the state for duck islands and bell towers and definitely don't need the money.

But the way of it these days is to just turn one group of people against another so they are blind to real state of the country. I don't know who's worse, the Brit press and politicians for doing it, or the general population for being so happy to sneer.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought the real scroungers all hung out in Whitehall. You know, the ones that sponge off the state for duck islands and bell towers and definitely don't need the money.
Too true. One guy even used tax payer's money to clean his moat or something.>_<
But the way of it these days is to just turn one group of people against another so they are blind to real state of the country. I don't know who's worse, the Brit press and politicians for doing it, or the general population for being so happy to sneer.

They're just scapegoats so that the public doesn't see who the real scroungers are.

Our current politicians don't deserve any of the tax they take for their own expenses and extra houses when there are people living on the street, disabled people having their benefits cut and the elderly being badly treated in carehomes; not to mention everyday families trying to get by and raise their children with the price of living going higher and higher; with some people deciding that they can't afford to have children at all due to student debt and the cost of houses and how hard it is to get a well paying job, let alone a mortgage.

If it carries on like this, the government shouldn't be surprised that people refuse to have children. It's hard enough finding your feet after university. Some of my older friends have had to move back in with parents because houses and even rent for flats are so expensive.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm sorry... what?!
Reuben, you're a cool guy, but you're a guy and you're talking utter shash!

She was brainwashed by the establishment, now many others will follow her lead. very very sad.

Next you'll be saying that Cancer was invented by the establishment. And there is no definite cure for cancer, if there was, she wouldn't have felt the need to have a mastectomy. She wants her kids to have a mom and not have to watch her die like she did with her own mother...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm sorry... what?!
Reuben, you're a cool guy, but you're a guy and you're talking utter shash!

Next you'll be saying that Cancer was invented by the establishment. And there is no definite cure for cancer, if there was, she wouldn't have felt the need to have a mastectomy. She wants her kids to have a mom and not have to watch her die like she did with her own mother...
Eh?! How is taking preventative measures for a terrible disease/illness that is both physically and emotionally draining just trying to be treated for it without 100% chance of surviving the work of the establishment?:blink:
She wants to stop herself from going through what her mother did for her sake, Brad's and the childrens'.

Besides, breasts don't define a woman (well they shoudln't in this day and age) so good for her taking steps to prevent the big risk she had of getting cancer. It's like Angelina having breasts is more important than her living her life.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I've been looking for a place to rant on a certain thought, and this is quite the appropriate place to share it:

What makes certain music okay to play on national radio or TV? I don't get what is appropriate music and what isn't. Why is heavy metal and screamo always deemed as something you'll be damned for? It ticks me off to no end. What the hell makes it okay for the radio to play songs where the artists only sing about how many lady's pants they're getting into, or how many drinks they're gonna toast at tonight's party, or what drugs they popping in their penthouse apartment in some exotic part of the world?

Rock bands actually sing about stuff that make sense. Their lyrics are actually words of encouragement and enlightenment. I just don't get what society thinks is normal and acceptable, and what they think should be shunned. It's like brainwash... no wonder kids of today are so messed up.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I've been looking for a place to rant on a certain thought, and this is quite the appropriate place to share it:

What makes certain music okay to play on national radio or TV? I don't get what is appropriate music and what isn't. Why is heavy metal and screamo always deemed as something you'll be damned for? It ticks me off to no end. What the hell makes it okay for the radio to play songs where the artists only sing about how many lady's pants they're getting into, or how many drinks they're gonna toast at tonight's party, or what drugs they popping in their penthouse apartment in some exotic part of the world?
It's because songs that go on about sex, parties and drugs are all tied in to 'reality' TV shows of people with nothing better to do that mindless consumption. If people are constantly exposed to this, they want to buy things too, they want to consume and put money into the economy. It keep people unhappy while they become materialistic and have to chase the latest trend to be happy. It's a good way to keep people controlled if they're busy chasing a lifestyle that only a few people have. It also keeps those few people in those lifestyles because people buy their products that they promote through their TV shows and music.
Rock bands actually sing about stuff that make sense. Their lyrics are actually words of encouragement and enlightenment. I just don't get what society thinks is normal and acceptable, and what they think should be shunned. It's like brainwash... no wonder kids of today are so messed up.
Exactly. I'll take rock and metal and death metal over most pop and rap any day. Some people are still stuck in the mentality of seeing rock and metal as evil and the work of the devil. They're just scared that people will stop listening to them and following their rules.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Every time I create a Tubecast video something goes wrong! Because of a Super Sentai related clip I uploaded on Youtube, Toei made a copy right claim against me and now I can't upload videos longer than 15 minutes for 6 mouths! Its my fault but sigh, Maybe I should give up. :(

Top Bottom