• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
tumblr_m95otsfSg31qext26.gif

This Balverine says it all.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Animalistic fury that could only be matched by that of the actual creature?

Yeah, Pretty much. :3

CRT: How the hell does £30... yes... £30 go missing?!
It's not like it's just disappeared!

You asked me if I'd take a 'backhander'. No one has said blackmail. Plus, It's you that wants to sneak out to see someone else... mind you, if i had the money, I'd give it back and probably land you in it... why should the rest of us have to suffer because of your selfishness.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hmm, invited on a holiday by two of them I haven't spoken to for a year... not at all strange or awkward.

I don't even like holidays. They are stressful. Instead of relaxing, they're the opposite - I feel like I HAVE to get up early and frantically "do things" and "photograph things" for x number of days or somehow we're not getting the full experience and I'm 'spoiling it' for someone else. Bleh. Leave me behind. It'll be better than any holiday I could have. Or else I'd much rather go on holiday alone. Growl.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Internet providers should be fined when they dont deliver on the speeds they advertise when you pay for a package. I mean im on Sky Unlimited and use it for 2 laptops and 2 360's most days for hours a day, just signed up to Lovefilm too and now they decide to test my line so Lovefilm instant is useless currently as it buffers every 5 seconds. Currently getting speeds in the region of 357kbps, which is worse than my connection 10 years ago and my phone internet is currently faster.

Apparently my line is being tested for its maximum connection speed and was meant to get faster as the days went on, so why did they start it on 1867mbps and now drop it to that? I could send a pigeon for the information faster than my internet is currently picking it up. Im meant to be getting between 3MB and 10MB at very least, though package was meant to be closer to 20MB. It have better improved by the 10th day of testing otherwise a very angry phonecall is going to take place.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I don't get you people on FFN. You sit and beg me to update and tell me off when I say I'm going to delete a story, but, when I update, you go and say...nothing. Absolutely nothing. I've updated twice in the last month and does no one have the slightest desire to say anything about what I've worked on? It's annoying and a double standard. I only work on this story because I thought people wanted to read it. If I don't get input, why should I update?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Internet providers should be fined when they dont deliver on the speeds they advertise when you pay for a package. I mean im on Sky Unlimited and use it for 2 laptops and 2 360's most days for hours a day, just signed up to Lovefilm too and now they decide to test my line so Lovefilm instant is useless currently as it buffers every 5 seconds. Currently getting speeds in the region of 357kbps, which is worse than my connection 10 years ago and my phone internet is currently faster.

Apparently my line is being tested for its maximum connection speed and was meant to get faster as the days went on, so why did they start it on 1867mbps and now drop it to that? I could send a pigeon for the information faster than my internet is currently picking it up. Im meant to be getting between 3MB and 10MB at very least, though package was meant to be closer to 20MB. It have better improved by the 10th day of testing otherwise a very angry phonecall is going to take place.

I had a similar problem with mine - well, BT - there was a massive slowdown and everything in the house was back to the days of 56K, or nothing at all. BT sent two guys out two separate times to see if there were issues with the line... turns out it was just a button on their end in front of them which magically restored speed. I had to literally harass them to get one of them to find it, though. ¬_¬

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I had a similar problem with mine - well, BT - there was a massive slowdown and everything in the house was back to the days of 56K, or nothing at all. BT sent two guys out two separate times to see if there were issues with the line... turns out it was just a button on their end in front of them which magically restored speed. I had to literally harass them to get one of them to find it, though. ¬_¬

We've just signed up for Broadband (monday, homehub to apparently be delievered next monday)... tbh, atm, I'm not hearing good things. I think it's an omen :(

Dark Drakan

Admin

Mines up to 1.8Mb currently but thats still rather awful, managable but not what we are paying for. Ive got to keep checking it apparently and make sure that I keep my router on so they can keep upping my speeds until they hit my line limit. I know my line can easily take 4Mb at least so why it hasnt hit that yet and then have them go higher and see what they hit until the limit is reached I dont know.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Mines up to 1.8Mb currently but thats still rather awful, managable but not what we are paying for. Ive got to keep checking it apparently and make sure that I keep my router on so they can keep upping my speeds until they hit my line limit. I know my line can easily take 4Mb at least so why it hasnt hit that yet and then have them go higher and see what they hit until the limit is reached I dont know.

My advice is definitely to keep calling them if you don't get the speeds you should be... I don't think every helpdesk operator is inclined to be helpful with these things. Then again, I have never got the full speed we pay for. I think they claim a certain speed but the capability of the line or the area is nowhere near it. Should be illegal to charge for that and not deliver.

Dark Drakan

Admin
My advice is definitely to keep calling them if you don't get the speeds you should be... I don't think every helpdesk operator is inclined to be helpful with these things. Then again, I have never got the full speed we pay for. I think they claim a certain speed but the capability of the line or the area is nowhere near it. Should be illegal to charge for that and not deliver.

I emailed them again and this time they have promised my speeds will get back to what they were and I will recieve a constant speed from now on. So going to check when I get home to see if there has been any improvement. Looks like im having to settle on a 4MB connection as thats my line limit apparently, better than the 1.5Mb they have been trying to fob me off with I guess.

KRSkull

Its never enough. No matter what i do its never enough. I am tired of these lazy, spoiled and good for nothing kids.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dear Life.

Today is a VERY improtant day for me. I hope you can understand this. Because I swear if this day goes to Hell, then so will everything else that comes with it. This day needs to go right, has to go right and WILL go right.

I'm not repeating this again. If this day doesn't go to plan, I swear the amount of rage I feel will amount to something that nobody has ever seen before. You WILL give me this day. Just this one day. You WILL make it go right.

You have NO choice.

Thank you.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why is it that whenever you make an important phonecall you get put through to some call centre outside of your country where you cant understand a word the person on the other end is saying? Got to wait 5-10 days to get a new bank card because my bank are morons who have blocked it due to 'apparent' suspicious activity. So now have to write myself a cheque whenever I want to access my own money.

Im sure if someone 'had' stolen my card they would have accumulated more than £12 costs on it and wouldnt have bought a return ticket to the same town for 2 adults and 1 child and be having the tickets delivered to my home address in my name...

Top Bottom