• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
How am I supposed to explain it to you? I can't, ok? I don't have a definitive diagnosis yet and until I do you're going to just have to cut him some slack. He's 2 years old, he's got some problems, we're working on them. But he has just as much right to attend any toddler group I wish to take him to as your little snot-nosed brat does. Hey, it's not my kid going around smacking the crap out of the smaller ones - why don't you take your eyes off your stupid women's magazine about things that don't matter and sort your kid out before you start telling me how "inappropriate it is" that mine even attends. So he sits with the cars, lining them up and only moving for biscuit time? Hell, I'd do that all day if I could get away with it. Sounds awesome...

Srsly, other parents need slapping.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
How am I supposed to explain it to you? I can't, ok? I don't have a definitive diagnosis yet and until I do you're going to just have to cut him some slack. He's 2 years old, he's got some problems, we're working on them. But he has just as much right to attend any toddler group I wish to take him to as your little snot-nosed brat does. Hey, it's not my kid going around smacking the crap out of the smaller ones - why don't you take your eyes off your stupid women's magazine about things that don't matter and sort your kid out before you start telling me how "inappropriate it is" that mine even attends. So he sits with the cars, lining them up and only moving for biscuit time? Hell, I'd do that all day if I could get away with it. Sounds awesome...

you forgot the boom

that would be awesome...BOOM!!

shows ownage to them XD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Sadly Opinions are like a$$holes... everyone has one... more than one where kids are concerned. It's just ignorance. A very common problem these days

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
actors these days are running out of ideas all the films are almost the same we need some new cards in the film making depatment

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Another ****ing stupid member, oh wait.. I mean another retarded EXTREME DmC supporter... Hell man...One member goes another comes. I feel like those mother******* didn't join here to discuss but to start flame wars with DmC skeptics. ****ing disrespectful, disgusting extremists. :mad::mad::mad:.:mad:

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium

Well I guess their parents didn't slap them enough when they were a kid. XD Crude jokes aside, what's sad is that those kids that those parents are raising will be just as bad if not worse than them in the future. I was having a discussion with my Uncle one night and we got on the topic of how people's childern are just getting are getting more disrespectful. I know there are laws banning certain disciplining nowdays but you (other parents) should still teach them respect to others...but I guess that's overrated these days.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
the worst part about sorting out a new browser is bookmarking all of the pages that you've bookmarked on internet explorer...

urgh, bloomin doctors tomorrow

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

Don't try explain it to them, Angel. Just put them in their place. Ask them what they would do if they were in your situation, and I don't mean what they would do if it was their child, I mean what would they do if they were in your shoes and somebody told them to their face that they can't be there because they don't fit in. It's not a bloody disease, it's not contagious, he's not bothering anybody and BOO HOO if the other kids want to play with the cars. Be a friggin parent and PARENT your children and distract them with the swings or something, FFS, you have enough to deal with as it is, they can't expect you to parent THEIR kids as well!

I would have taken her magazine and smacked her silly with it, I swear. It's tough enough being a mom of 3, one with special needs, she has absolutely no right to suggest/advise/preach to you how to look after your children.

Explaining it to people doesn't bode well the majority of the time because people don't get it. They hear a label and then that's all they see. Very infuriating.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thanks, C - there was even this woman and her child today actually pointing and laughing at Jake this morning just because he cannot talk yet and still babbles like someone half his age or less would. Just flat out laughing at him. I would have walked out but it was the doctor's office and we had an appointment to wait for. I'm just so glad he's oblivious to how people react to him - it doesn't faze him in the slightest but it's so hurtful when other people are morons.

He's basically a good kid but just can't process information the same way as everyone else. He isn't hurting anybody, he's just different. In a world where everyone seems to pride themselves on striving to be unique, they don't half have a problem with someone who embodies that. I'm just glad the system up here is so good - everyone at the surgery who is likely to come into contact with Jake is prepared for how he might flip out and handles it really well. It's not a requirement either, they do it out of respect for giving him access to the same services as "normal" people. They've assigned him his own nurse who has ASD kids herself to help keep things consistent and they've pushed through a referral for a behavioural psychologist to review him and for the paediatrician to assess him for ASD properly. I can't fault the professionals for how they are helping us - it's regular people I want to punch in the face sometimes.

I hate confrontation but it looks like I'm going to have to get used to it :(

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Thanks, C - there was even this woman and her child today actually pointing and laughing at Jake this morning just because he cannot talk yet and still babbles like someone half his age or less would. Just flat out laughing at him. I would have walked out but it was the doctor's office and we had an appointment to wait for. I'm just so glad he's oblivious to how people react to him - it doesn't faze him in the slightest but it's so hurtful when other people are morons.

He's basically a good kid but just can't process information the same way as everyone else. He isn't hurting anybody, he's just different. In a world where everyone seems to pride themselves on striving to be unique, they don't half have a problem with someone who embodies that. I'm just glad the system up here is so good - everyone at the surgery who is likely to come into contact with Jake is prepared for how he might flip out and handles it really well. It's not a requirement either, they do it out of respect for giving him access to the same services as "normal" people. They've assigned him his own nurse who has ASD kids herself to help keep things consistent and they've pushed through a referral for a behavioural psychologist to review him and for the paediatrician to assess him for ASD properly. I can't fault the professionals for how they are helping us - it's regular people I want to punch in the face sometimes.

I meant to hit reply instead of liking the post. >.> But anyways, I know how it feels Angel. My sister is almost 2 yrs old and can't speak a word yet, she still babbles in baby talk. I don't know how old your son is, but if she has the same problem she will be ridiculed too. Everyone is different in their own ways and it's what makes us unique. I agree with you though, people like those who are taught to make fun of people with 'problems' I want to punch in the face too. Parents and their children who do that deserve more than a slap upside the head, it's downright disrespectful.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The lack of speech is not that uncommon - some kids just take longer than others. Jake is 28 months old now, so a couple of months shy of 2 and a half, but his lack of speech combined with OCD behaviour, lack of consistent understanding and non-responsiveness to other people flagged up possible autism with the health worker and so ever since October we've been trying to get to the bottom of it to see if he is autistic or has some other special needs. Your sister is most likely going to be just fine, though - if she has older siblings, it can take a bit longer to talk anyway because there is a tendency to have others do the talking for her. Speech will come, I'm sure. And then you'll be wishing she stayed a babbler ;)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

The system and programmes we have here in NZ come from the UK :) They do have it together that side and you are in very good hands. I know where you're coming from though, it's harder on us mums than it is on the kids because for all intents and purposes, they are oblivious to other people. Which in a sense is a blessing, given how horrible some people can be. But Jake won't get worse because of how people around him act toward him, there is only space for improvement from hereon coming from you and Steve. ASD kids are like little elephants because they remember EVERYTHING. And they have a tendency to take what you say literally (lol we learned that the hard way with Keira - no more metaphors or idioms in our house eg."Oh no the cat is out of the bag!" Keira goes looking for the cat ) so if you teach him how to handle negativity from other people, you have a recipe for success.
I'll send you a PM.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yeah, we have to be very careful with questions like, "do you want to put that back on the shelf?" because it's usually met with either complete confusion or a very firm "no". Which is fair enough considering we sort of gave him the option, even if it wasn't meant that way. And thanks - PMs are gooooood :D

Current Ranting Thought: You are not the only child in this house. Showing off in front of your mates just makes you look even more like a whiny brat so wind your neck in and stop thinking you're so smart. Because you really aren't. You're not too big that I won't swing you over my knee and wallop you until you cry like a baby. IN FRONT of your friends. Keep it up, dearie, and we'll see just how "cool" you look then.

Meg

I can't believe I'm having this problem again of people not understanding that I don't have to like what they like. Srsly...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can dance if I want to, I can leave my friends behind!! Cuz if my friends don't dance and if they don't dance than THEIR NO FRIENDS OF MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Wtf..seriosly? Things have been nice and quiet lately...pretty stress free too in the case of the stupidity of social life. But, now your gonna be immature and ruin that for me? Wtf, I've been minding my own business this whole time not messing with anyone. You obvi dont have much to do with yourselves if your trying to start shi*t again. Seriosuly grow up.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You ass! Pretend to be in trouble so I'll give you money and then leave without saying anything, even though you promised to give me a sword?! That's eighty ****ing dollars you stole from me! If I find you, I'm going to end you myself! You're a liar too, you said you were in Oakfield, so what are you doing visiting every day?!

Top Bottom