• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Not every one of us had a happy childhood christmas. Some of us had to craft sweet lies after the holidays when they had to write an essay at school with the title "How was my Christmas".

"Well we had some christmas dinner (thrown to the floor), then we shared some gifts (my mother told everyone it's her best christmas gift when I'm not around so I gave that for her) and we sang some christmas carols for each other (very loud and very clear... the lyrics went like "I hate you, are you trying to make me kill myself, you're disgusting, get the **** out of my house")... yep, nothing special, it was like always (no one was killed this year either even though some threats were made)."

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Sometimes you need to get a bit addicted to the winning streak before you can really admit defeat.

*sighs* Well, that one beat me good. I was stupid to fall in such an obvious trap.
However, I am not the kind of coward who wouldn't salute an enemy for that. Well played, mate (y)

(I am fine, at least over time. It's nothing more than a mental beating, and I think this time it was justified. Which... frankly, is a surprise. I'll get over it, I always did.)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
TV shows doing crossovers with other TV shows and then presuming you've been watching all the TV shows so you know what's going on.

Arrow does this. I hate it. I'm in season 5 and someone has already been erased from all history due to a crossover with another show that I have yet to watch and the makers of Arrow didn't care about the horrendous continuity problems it has caused.

I shouldn't have to watch and keep up with several TV shows at once and in the correct sequence to understand all the crossover episodes. Save that crap for movies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I lost interest when it stopped dealing with Oliver's time on the island and Deathstroke as the main villain.
It seems to be really going downhill fast now. They've not actually answered a lot of questions, he seems to not care about that book full of bad guys any more and it's so messy that it's hard to keep up.

I have a horrible feeling there's going to be some multiverse nonsense coming up at some point...

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It seems to be really going downhill fast now. They've not actually answered a lot of questions, he seems to not care about that book full of bad guys any more and it's so messy that it's hard to keep up.

I have a horrible feeling there's going to be some multiverse nonsense coming up at some point...
Sounds like they stopped using the comics' [source] material.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It's a hot mess. I want to like it but it's a car crash
Let me put it this way: Gotham takes place before Batman is even "a thing." DC Comics told the writers "this show can take place in any time period you want, we're giving you the freedom to create an alternative storyline." And so, they wrote it. Filmed it. And it worked well because THE TEAM UNDERSTANDS the source material, because Gotham seems to click into the final product already in the market. Arrow sounds like they were given freedom, but injects their own ideologies. Like the crossover with supegirl, if I recall. Or catwoman. That SJW bullcrap.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Angel the comics do the same thing. They aren't much better at managing them.

Ironically Buffy and Angel managed them pretty well back in the day. Which is funny because they were on separate networks.

I liked Arrow back in the day but it looses its luster pretty fast. It couldn't compete with Daredevil so I left it around the same point you are.

A lot of green arrow fans don't really like it. To them its the "wannabe Batman" show.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Let me put it this way: Gotham takes place before Batman is even "a thing." DC Comics told the writers "this show can take place in any time period you want, we're giving you the freedom to create an alternative storyline." And so, they wrote it. Filmed it. And it worked well because THE TEAM UNDERSTANDS the source material, because Gotham seems to click into the final product already in the market. Arrow sounds like they were given freedom, but injects their own ideologies. Like the crossover with supegirl, if I recall. Or catwoman. That SJW bullcrap.
Wait, there's a crossover with Supergirl? That's a thing? How many shows have I got to keep up with?!

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Wait, there's a crossover with Supergirl? That's a thing? How many shows have I got to keep up with?!
Supergirl is actually a good show, but I stopped watching because I just forgot. But Supergirl's a thing.

Just expect Superman storyline with gender roles reversed. It even crossed over with parts of Justice League, like agent - I forget her name.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Angel there's 4 other shows besides Arrow. They are Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tommorow and Black Lightning. They all crossover in Arrow's season 8 so enjoy .

Honestly Flash is the only one that impacts Arrow so I think you're good. Merlyn and Damian Darkh pop up in Legends of Tommorow but unless you are a big fan of them, you don't need to check it out.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Supergirl is actually a good show, but I stopped watching because I just forgot. But Supergirl's a thing.

Just expect Superman storyline with gender roles reversed. It even crossed over with parts of Justice League, like agent - I forget her name.
I think I may have tried to watch Supergirl when it first came out over here but found her irritating. I'm not a fan of female leads on the whole but I'll give it another try.
there's 4 other shows besides Arrow. They are Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tommorow and Black Lightning. They all crossover in Arrow's season 8 so enjoy .

Honestly Flash is the only one that impacts Arrow so I think you're good. Merlyn and Damian Darkh pop up in Legends of Tommorow but unless you are a big fan of them, you don't need to check it out.
Good grief that's insane. I recall trying out Flash and hating it instantly because from the very first episode it crossed with Arrow which I hadn't seen yet. And by crossed I mean Oliver popped up and I had zero clue as to who he was and it wasn't explained either. Black Lightning? Vaguely recall trying to like it and not, but I'm willing to try it again. Happy to work on Flash though because I think it will make more sense now that I'm 5 seasons deep into Arrow.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Angel the Flash pops up in Arrow season 2 so I think you should be fine. Tonally its closer to Supergirl so that could be an issue for you. Supergirl's pilot was pretty convoluted and it just felt too similar to the Flash so I passed on it.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I think I may have tried to watch Supergirl when it first came out over here but found her irritating. I'm not a fan of female leads on the whole but I'll give it another try.
I don't generally like women leads because of the writing, the thing is, most female leads are written like social justice bullcrap. For example, I wanted to learn about Catwoman, or at least what's her genesis. I have some of the comics from the 80's. Most of the comics translated into TV, movies, other media ALWAYS, almost always get written badly, or even injects ideologies. Like Catwoman from the day it was revealed was... a lesbian just for the sake of ratings.

I mean, Catwoman played around with herself in Batman [1989 film], but that made me go like "Whaaaat?"
Good grief that's insane. I recall trying out Flash and hating it instantly because from the very first episode it crossed with Arrow which I hadn't seen yet. And by crossed I mean Oliver popped up and I had zero clue as to who he was and it wasn't explained either. Black Lightning? Vaguely recall trying to like it and not, but I'm willing to try it again. Happy to work on Flash though because I think it will make more sense now that I'm 5 seasons deep into Arrow.
I'm in the same boat about Flash. I even saw the 1991 live action show, and it was GOOD. The new Flash didn't get me excited for more. :(

I even like Flash's costume in 1991. It was awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom