• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My son is disabled and therefore actually entitled to use the disabled bathroom.

You, sir, are just old. Last I looked, age was just a progression of life which we all shall encounter as long as we are on this earth. It's not a disability.

Now eff off out of the disabled bathroom without huffing and commenting. I don't care how many world wars you seem to think you won singlehandedly. You ain't disabled.

Yet...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
By producer John Davis:

“I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator.”

Ok it's very old (he said this back in 2008), but I found this by chance today surfing the net and it brought back old negative sentiments.

I don't even know where to start to **** on that bullcrap statement. You've LOGICALLY done what you could've done with AVP? Yeah right. Aside from, you know, ADAPTING the freaking comics?! If AVP and Requiem were "all you could've logically done", you're even worse than I thought.

Goddammit I'm coming for you, John.

Viper

Premium
I don't ****ing get this guy, he is still nagging me about corrections for his first book (as if none of them could have said sooner the page number should be in the middle), and now he even nonchalantly said to me he asked the lady at the print agency to give me a part-time job at the end of the year, without bloody asking me beforehand. Dude, we are not best buds, my dad knows you somewhat from old times, nothing close, so why the hell did you think it was appropriate to do that!? I appreciate your concern about me being unemployed, but don't ****ing meddle in my life like I'm your kid and not a person you hired for a quick job.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
"Why are you so upset? It's just a pumpkin." No, it's not just a pumpkin. It's that you promised me we'd go looking at pumpkins and Halloween stuff and have fun today like we always do and now you've conveniently decided you're too tired to. We went out to breakfast. It's not like we ran a f*cking marathon. And, y'know, it's not abut you being tired. It's the fact that you promised me--you gave me your word and I trusted you and now you've effectively proven you lied. So thank you for effectively ruining all my excitement for my favorite holiday. I'm so f*cking done catering to you and everyone else. Is it November yet? -_-

KRSkull

"Why are you so upset? It's just a pumpkin." No, it's not just a pumpkin. It's that you promised me we'd go looking at pumpkins and Halloween stuff and have fun today like we always do and now you've conveniently decided you're too tired to. We went out to breakfast. It's not like we ran a f*cking marathon. And, y'know, it's not abut you being tired. It's the fact that you promised me--you gave me your word and I trusted you and now you've effectively proven you lied. So thank you for effectively ruining all my excitement for my favorite holiday. I'm so f*cking done catering to you and everyone else. Is it November yet? -_-

Hope you don't hate Halloween because of that person.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hope you don't hate Halloween because of that person.

It's not just about Halloween, though, it's about people in general lately. I'm just so sick of people being manipulative or lying or just being jerks in general. I'm sick of being told one thing and then the person turns around and says something else. I'm sick of being the one who does everything for others and, when it's my turn to have something done for me, I get the short end of the stick. It's been happening a lot lately, so I'm just...at my wit's end. I'm so tired.

KRSkull

It's not just about Halloween, though, it's about people in general lately. I'm just so sick of people being manipulative or lying or just being jerks in general. I'm sick of being told one thing and then the person turns around and says something else. I'm sick of being the one who does everything for others and, when it's my turn to have something done for me, I get the short end of the stick. It's been happening a lot lately, so I'm just...at my wit's end. I'm so tired.

*Hugs* I won't lie to you. I've been a real jerk to everyone in the past few weeks. and i am not proud of it but i am gonna try my best to change. :smile:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Shadow
If it makes you feel better, I could take you to do Halloween stuff. Yautja Prime goes crazy this time of the year.

Yesh! Wait...what do Predator's do for Halloween? o_o

Well, one of my other family members decided to take me instead after a long discussion. Holiday cheer is marginally restored and Bat-pumpkin is now a real thing. :thumbsup: Other person still hasn't answered my phone call. Maybe this'll be resolved soon, but...kinda doubt it. -shrugs- Maybe we're all stressed hence why we're all ticked off.

Viper

Premium
Saturday afternoon.
I was just starting to enjoy afternoon nap.
Phone rings.
I need to switch alignment from center to left. Okay.
I need to put comas and dots at end in alternating order. They weren't in original text, ugh, but okay.
Page count is on some pages on the side. Impossible, changes made to page count are automatically applied to literally all of them. But I'll check.
Despite nagging that number of pages should not go over 150, cause of pricing, he went and looked how poems are usually printed and wants each now to be on its own page. All 160 of them. That means I'll also have to manually change numbers in table of contents as well.

aaa.png

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I work up feeling like I was going to have a panic attack, which is odd barbecue I never get those. And now I feel like crap. >.> Super odd. >.< And it's on Halloween?! Sucks.... I want to watch spoopy movies and write something fun and not feel like I'm about to have an heart attack. >.> *sigh* ._. I need a hug.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Eclipse is the most random compiler ever. I build a program and spawns a single ****ing error, I slam my head over the desk trying to figure it out but no use, I decide to build the program again just to be sure, and the error magically disappears.

Whatever you say.

Viper

Premium
Can one get a restraining order for an annoying author that constantly calls with new corrections for a book long after it has been sent and paid for? Why does he now ask me to change things to a state that they were in before he asked me to change them?
p.s. Does anyone know in OpenOffice writer how to get footer with page count to stop showing on all pages? Cause it ended up on the cover, but when I try to remove it it removes everything.

Viper

Premium
Facepalming after an article... if a hypothetical girl gives up on becoming an engineer cause, as you say, there weren't enough pictures of women engineers on the internet, chances are she just wasn't that much into engineering in the first place. :meh:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I hate feeling mildly paranoid, especially over things I can't control. What's done is done and I hope it stays done. Doesn't make it less stressful.

Top Bottom