• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

LOL damn son, look at her bio: "I cannot enjoy poorly written, ungrammatical text. I tend to give a story a chance, and if I wince too often, I stop reading it."

Arrogant much?

Quite funny, that last sentence, cause I bet a lot of people wince reading that.

Rant:

I get that we're both healers on the same team but you don't get to suddenly pretend you can't heal anyone just because I thought to level up my healing before any other ability. We lost because of your inability to help the rest of the team. I mean, ffs, if you don't like me that's fine, but, at the very least, heal the others. If you wanted to be one of the main fighters, you should have picked a different class. :/

What game is that?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
In all honesty, I just gave one of her stories a quick read-through, nearly fell asleep. I think it was Games Immortals Play. She does sound like Professor Umbridge. You think your grammar is better than mine? You must not tell lies.

Hehe, oh dear. Actually, I just left her a honest critique for that one. Wonder how she'll take that. :whistle: Funny thing is, I think that's the most honest critique I've ever given someone before.... :unsure:
LOL No one accept quills from her if you value your hands! :laugh:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL damn son, look at her bio: "I cannot enjoy poorly written, ungrammatical text. I tend to give a story a chance, and if I wince too often, I stop reading it."
The thing is, she basically summed up how I feel about reading work from writers outside of my little bubble of authors. Because there are some terrible stories out there, I haven't dared to venture into the darkness of fanfic.net for ages. Mind, last time I did, I discovered my writing twin ;) but had to sift through the slushpile to find the good stuff.
Huh.
Now I know why they call it the slushpile. Lots of pulp and mulch to tread through.
Anyway, my point is, I feel the same way (this totally excludes the writers I beta for since I offer up my time and skills for their benefit, and I do it willingly and enthusiastically) but any avid reader/good writer feels that way. We don't all go blaring it out to the world in our freakin biography.

+You're meant to write about yourself and your work in your bio. Not your opinion. Ouch. Gimme twenty biscuits, Rookie, you FAIL.

-EDIT-
This also excludes Peter Chimeara. XD

Viper

Premium
Dad's friend said he'll call this morning so we can meet him for a small job of typing out text he has.
It's almost 11 am and he hasn't called yet.
I'm sitting here dressed for going out and thinking I could have done million things by now if he had just set a more specific time. If he ruins my lunch I'm gonna charge him extra.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
When the app does launch, probably in late November, you will be able to assign reviews and one- to five-star ratings to everyone you know: your exes, your co-workers, the old guy who lives next door.

You can’t opt out — once someone puts your name in the Peeple system, it’s there unless you violate the site’s terms of service. And you can’t delete bad or biased reviews — that would defeat the whole purpose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nt-them-to-or-not/?postshare=6751443650043445

KRSkull

When the app does launch, probably in late November, you will be able to assign reviews and one- to five-star ratings to everyone you know: your exes, your co-workers, the old guy who lives next door.

You can’t opt out — once someone puts your name in the Peeple system, it’s there unless you violate the site’s terms of service. And you can’t delete bad or biased reviews — that would defeat the whole purpose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nt-them-to-or-not/?postshare=6751443650043445

Viper

Premium
FML, typing the text is, while time-consuming, still quite easy, but I wish the guy just answered my mail with suggestions how to fix the first part I sent him, rather than calling me on the phone and say random things, jumping from part to part, while I struggle to quickly write down his wishes.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
>.> Why is trying to Live stream on my pc a pain in the butt? I'm trying to get the write settings for my OBS but nothing seems to work. I keep getting bad lagging when I start streaming. Doesn't help my pc isn't the greatest and my upload speed is laughable bad.... >.< Q3Q This is why I can't do nice things. *sigh* I'll keep trying though. Might be able to do something....

KRSkull

>.> Why is trying to Live stream on my pc a pain in the butt? I'm trying to get the write settings for my OBS but nothing seems to work. I keep getting bad lagging when I start streaming. Doesn't help my pc isn't the greatest and my upload speed is laughable bad.... >.< Q3Q This is why I can't do nice things. *sigh* I'll keep trying though. Might be able to do something....

Good luck :thumbsup:

Viper

Premium
This day....

This day!

Dad's brother calls us and says he can't get their mother, my grandma on the phone. Dad goes to her place, while mom tries calling her herself. No answer on the phone, dad can't get into the apartment cause the keys are in the lock on the inside and he couldn't get any response, just heard the sound of TV.
Both my parents then went there to see if they can break in, in fear she might be dead, she is after all close to 90 years old... *sigh* She is fine. Thought the sound of her phone was coming from the TV.

With these kind of scares we'll all be dead before her.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dammit SaT and Wattpad! Why do you eff up my hyphens? Not the normal, short ones intended to combine two words, but the ones that break the flow of a sentence to insert another tidbit of info, while preventing it from being a run-on and whatnot? I think I literally have to copy the elongated hyphen, and paste it in all the appropriate spots...for eighteen chapters.

Well, ten for SaT, I guess, eighteen for Wattpad....

Either way! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---! :mad:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Dammit SaT and Wattpad! Why do you eff up my hyphens? Not the normal, short ones intended to combine two words, but the ones that break the flow of a sentence to insert another tidbit of info, while preventing it from being a run-on and whatnot? I think I literally have to copy the elongated hyphen, and paste it in all the appropriate spots...for eighteen chapters.

Well, ten for SaT, I guess, eighteen for Wattpad....

Either way! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---! :mad:

-goes to check all her hyphens-

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
ok so one guy says the only reason people hate DmC is because they don't like change
so i explain why my dislike for DmC is not simply because it's different

and then another guy comes and say that even DMC1 combat is leagues ahead of DmC
and now i'm defending DmC because this guy is obviously being unreasonable

what the hell is wrong with me

Last edited:
Top Bottom