• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So I was up most last night because it hit me that I haven't sent prezzies to my friends for probably well over 2 years now. ._.
So @Shadow I found a trench coat at the charity shop that I really like, and figured I could use it as a pattern for any other coats I might like. Which means you score the actual coat pattern I had bought ages ago.
I also want to make the wait worthwhile so until I find a Harley Quinn bobblehead figurine and a Dr.Who collectable @Vergil'sBitch, it may take a little while longer before you guys receive the goodies.

=D To quote Dante, "jackpot!" In all seriousness, though, I know what you mean. I haven't bought anyone presents in years, either. :S I'm determined to do it properly this year. *has a list and everything* Ooooh...Harley bobbleheads.... *never seen one before*

---

Rant:
So...my winter coat was supposed to arrive today and it didn't...even though it says it's been delivered.... They better not have delivered it to the wrong house. I don't have the money to order a new one. T-T

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Disclaimer: Not about anyone on this forum

Holy hell...I wasn't criticizing your posts because you were critiquing someone's work--I was pointing out that critiquing isn't the point of the thread! It even says that in the OP, for crying out loud! There's a thread for in-depth critiques; you want to critique someone's work, go there. The point of this thread was to say whether the first three sentences of someone's story hooked you, or not...

Not to go into a three paragraph tangent on "How you can improve the whole damned thing". -_-

Excuse me, the phone's ringing; irony is calling, and oh would you look at that--it's for you!

You expect people to immediately develop a thick skin for what you have to say, but I make one simple observation about the subject matter, and it ruffles your feathers?

Oh god, I want to laugh; I would too, if the hypocrisy didn't p*ss me off, so.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
So I was up most last night because it hit me that I haven't sent prezzies to my friends for probably well over 2 years now. ._.
So @Shadow I found a trench coat at the charity shop that I really like, and figured I could use it as a pattern for any other coats I might like. Which means you score the actual coat pattern I had bought ages ago.
I also want to make the wait worthwhile so until I find a Harley Quinn bobblehead figurine and a Dr.Who collectable @Vergil'sBitch, it may take a little while longer before you guys receive the goodies.

EEK! That's okay, The Doctor is worth waiting for (just ask Amy Pond lol...geek joke) :3

Viper

Premium
I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with our administration.
I went to get the result of state exam entered into my file. At first the lady had no idea it even has to be entered. Somehow, after asking around, she started the procedure. Along the way, without any detail, she asked me "Address?". I told her mine, thinking that's what she's asking for. She wasn't. She asked for the address of the place where I took the exam, only I haven't realized that until I got the printout and saw my address as the address of that place. Went back, explaining there was a mix up. Silly me, tired, hungry and overheating, thought I had the right address when I didn't (I always get Branimirova and Maksimirska mixed up for reasons). She found it a bit strange I guess, asking me one more time... well, more like she went out of their separated space in the middle where she was doing... things and shouted for my attention from a distance, over another lady and her client and over glass. Like it was that hard to walk a meter to the counter where I was waiting, or at least ask me the question properly the first time.
I don't care it says the wrong address, it's their problem for not having addresses of state agencies and such in their database. ****ing google would do the trick as well, but that would require from them a bit more work than just mindlessly entering data.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Forgot about this thread too.
Actually did quite a bit of ranting on my Facebook page this morning, it's ridiculous what some of these other pages do.

So, there's a page in particular that thinks it's ok to rip off other people's characters. And when I mean characters, I mean well known anime characters. And it's pretty obvious the character isn't theirs because anyone could easily recognise them.
For example, this page took Ulquiorra from Bleach and renamed him Hollow and gave him this whacked out backstory and random details and such. Also did the same with Moka Akashiya from Rosario + Vampire, but called her Anita. I mean, are you kidding me? You're gonna take someone else's character they worked so hard to develop and then sh*t on it like its nothing?
Oh yeah, let's take Dante, call him Josh and say he's an emotional guy confused about his sexuality. -.-
What a joke.
Worst thing about it is people are getting away with it. Like it means nothing.
Um hello, copyright infringement I'm sure!

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
More people just acting like their opinions are facts, saying one game is objectively better than another, when they don't give any objective arguments -- only *subjective* ones. ''Oh, I thought the enemy design was better! I thought this, I thought that''... yeah, and I thought the opposite -- how do your 'facts' look now?
I just can't take this sh*t anymore. First we get random hate towards Bayonetta 2, in a thread that was about its *sales*, not anything else. Seriously, cheering when Bayonetta 2 doesn't sell well? Have a little respect for the game, its creators, or even just the forum-goers who like games such as those. And then starting histrionics when you're called out for your behavior... *sigh*... naturally. Yeah, yeah, I'm the hater, and you didn't ever do anything wrong. Just think about your wording a bit more next time, then maybe you can avoid getting your ass kicked.
Before that, we got hate towards MGR, for no apparent reason other than: ''it was made by Platinum Games. I hate Platinum''... or just incessant comparisons to a game that can't be compared to MGR. Please, *please* leave us grown-ups to the actual topic.
And now that same bullcr@p again, only in a different thread about a different game. I don't even... do I want to explain what went on? No. I think we all know what the deal is. It's just people with opinions acting like theirs were passed down by the Almighty. Sorry guys, I'm an atheist. And I prefer logic. It's fine if you prefer one game over another, but don't give me that bullsh*t that ''there's a rule that says horror needs to be dark and gritty or bleak''. Show me this friggin rulebook. Flinging around terms like 'better'... what does better mean? Better in what sense? Better in your opinion or factually better? F*ck. And now there's people wondering if remasters are ''necessary'' ... ... *sigh*. No, of course not, and that is not the point of remasters. Seriously, think.
I'm done. Done. Done. Never should've joined a forum, because all it does is make me angrier about the state of humanity, and people's minds. I don't want an in-depth look at how stupid some people are - I'd rather pretend everyone is tolerant, progressive, and thoughtful. Coupled with the lack of news about DMC, it gives me a reason to take one long-ass break.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So...Gran didn't forewarn me that she's not walking this morning. Which means I stayed up all night for no reason. Which also means that now I'm going to have to try and figure out how to either stay awake for five more hours (around when we should be done with all the stuff we're supposed to be doing later) or hope and pray I can take a two hour long nap and wake up in time to go out. Why don't people ever warn me before they change their plans? You can't just say "oh, sorry, too bad" and expect to not get a couple angry looks. I'm tired. >_< At least Stiltsy is happy I'm awake...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm done. Done. Done. Never should've joined a forum, because all it does is make me angrier about the state of humanity, and people's minds. I don't want an in-depth look at how stupid some people are - I'd rather pretend everyone is tolerant, progressive, and thoughtful. Coupled with the lack of news about DMC, it gives me a reason to take one long-ass break.
It's shame you annoyed as much. It will be shame if you go. I suggest just putting some people on ignore, specifically those who only here to bash other games (if you see me like one of them, I won't complain ;) ) Honestly this forum feels alot cleaner after I did it. There is no point in talking to those people. They won't understand because they don't want to do it

Maxman

Godammit, its evening here and i still haven't received my Morning Fix that allows me to tolerate my buttmad folks

WHERE IS ME GUSTA CUP OF COFFEEEEEEEEEEEE ?????????????????????

Can somebody here at forums make it and ship it all the way to India ?

I cant take this torture anymore :'(

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
How many more times do I have to tell you. HE WON'T CHANGE!
I should never have relented and got that computer, I should've put my money towards getting away from him (it's a pity that I never thought of it sooner).
It's like I said last night, what is the point in talking about this and they way we're living, if it's not going to change.
We live in this house as 'two tribes' him and us.
When you came with me to the psychology appointments bad in the early part of the year, you were telling the Doctor how back it was. You said that saying out loud all of the problems he's causing made it sound terrible. I was really hoping that my diagnosis and the doctor made you see sense...
Either you don't want to see how bad living like this has got... or, you don't want to.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why do some donuts believe that having a hole is the answer? Some think that having a filling in the middle makes them superior. Why can't they just see sense and realise that they are all equal. Hole or no hole. Filling or no filling.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
"I don’t support feminism because I don’t hate men"

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

That's not what the F*CK it is you moron. Go back to fantasizing about Justin Bieber spitting on your face.
It's what people don't seem to get. There's a fine line between feminism and idiotic sexism.

Basically by definition, if you believe in equality for women, you are a feminist.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm starting to think underwear manufacturers have a conspiracy going on with regards to white underwear.:laugh:

No matter what detergent or washing power I use, even ones that promise to make white clothes stay white; somehow, after about 2 months, the underwear becomes this off-white dingy colour and I have to buy new ones again. It's so annoying.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Basically by definition, if you believe in equality for women, you are a feminist.
I'm an Individualist.

Meaning, I believe in equal rights for anyone willing to fight for them.

Doesn't matter what your gender is, it doesn't matter how much upper body strength you have -- if Batman can take down the entire Justice League, then a woman can at least learn to outsmart (and outfight) a minimum of two men with enough training.

It's so annoying.
Well... that was something I didn't need to hear.

Buy black. It's what I do (yeah, you didn't need to hear that on your end either, but now we're even).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
seriously, a test doesn't determine how good you are at something. it just determines how well you take in information for a brief period of time. yay, i passed. but seriously, once i start classes, i'm ****ed. like...in the ass. this going to to suck castrated donkey balls. and no. i refuse to pay for a non credited class. "why" you ask? oh, i dunno. maybe because your university is too damn expensive in the first place.

Viper

Premium
"I don’t support feminism because I don’t hate men"

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

That's not what the F*CK it is you moron. Go back to fantasizing about Justin Bieber spitting on your face.
In their defense, young women today are mostly exposed to man-hating radicals hiding under the name feminism (see tumblr for example). There are actual feminists who politely and calmly advocate for equality, but from what I heard, the before mentioned group proclaimed them anti-feminist. Some feminists have even adopted the name egalitarians (or something like that) to distinguish themselves from hateful ones.
In such environment it's easy to get confused what feminism really is and who should you align with.

Top Bottom