• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this majority rules bullshit...is getting on my nerves. just because most people believe something doesn't make it right or moral. it just means most people agree on it. and that doesn't mean that you are obligated to flock towards their herd. you have a brain. formulate your own opinion.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
this majority rules bullshit...is getting on my nerves. just because most people believe something doesn't make it right or moral. it just means most people agree on it. and that doesn't mean that you are obligated to flock towards their herd. you have a brain. formulate your own opinion.
OMG. THIS.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/plato159574.html

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.

Plato

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2216858/posts

http://www.quotecounterquote.com/2010/08/tyranny-of-majority-vs-tyranny-of.html

“The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather that of the party...that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections.” Lord Acton (1834-1902)
British historian
In an article in the Quarterly Review, 1879; reprinted in the posthumously published book collecting some of his writings, The History of Freedom (1907)

Tyranny of the Majority.” (“Tyrannie De La Majorité”)
Alexis de Tocqueville (1805-1859)
French historian and political pundit
Title of a section in Chapter XV of his book Democracy in America (1835)
Tocqueville’s use of the phrase “Tyranny of the Majority” in his famed book about his travels in America is often credited as its origin. In fact, it had been used before. For example, it appears in one of the “Letters of Agrippa,” the American anti-federalist documents believed to be written by James Winthrop in the late 1780s. The Agrippa letter dated February 5, 1788 says: “A bill of rights...serves to secure the minority against the usurpation and tyranny of the majority.” Two decades before that, Voltaire had used the similar phrase “tyranny of the many” (“tyrannie de plusiers”) in his Philosophical Dictionary (1764).

Followed. Freaking. Followed.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Can someone please explain to me how it's perfectly fine for a friend to get paid for taking care of someone and yet a family member can't? I mean, wtf? I've been taking care of my mother since I was 9 and I've had to listen to my shrink tell me I'm lazy and that taking care of my mother is a waste of time, and now I have to listen to my state's government say the same thing? F*ck this, I want to live in a different state. This place is batsh*t.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Can someone please explain to me how it's perfectly fine for a friend to get paid for taking care of someone and yet a family member can't? I mean, wtf? I've been taking care of my mother since I was 9 and I've had to listen to my shrink tell me I'm lazy and that taking care of my mother is a waste of time, and now I have to listen to my state's government say the same thing? F*ck this, I want to live in a different state. This place is batsh*t.

Your shrink contradicts him/herself; taking care of anyone, especially a parent, is not for the faint of heart. Man, I'd be p*ssed too, in your situation.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Your shrink contradicts him/herself; taking care of anyone, especially a parent, is not for the faint of heart. Man, I'd be p*ssed too, in your situation.

I agree with you...which is part of why I stopped going to her. Taking care of someone is one of the hardest things ever, I think. When people take it for granted, it makes me think they've never really had to take care of someone before, nor have they ever been taken care of. Tbh, the sad thing is, as angry as I am, I'm almost used to it. For every person who feels the way you or I do about taking care of people there seems to be a lot more who think it's pointless. *finds it sad that people can do that*

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Ugh, though Clash of Clans is an addicting game, I tell Ya there are a lot of *insert blasphemous names that should never be mentioned here* people on global at times. You've either got people calling you either rushers, gemmers, trolls, noobs or other disrespectful names as well as the age being just ridiculous. Kids claiming they're like 6 or 7 years old playing this game oh and it's pretty easy to believe because of the immaturity they display and language they use. -.- People even use global on CoC to hook up with others. I mean really, it's not a hook up game, not a hook up site, go on kik and do that stuff, there's actually people trying to play here!
Absolutely love the game, hate being labeled all the time, meet some nice people, rest are just jerks and beyond.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why cant people just be straight with you and honest? Why simply say 'I dont want to talk about it.' and let this go on for months without any progress? Nothing is rectified and things get worse and helps no-one, so bored of trying and getting so frustrated that I dont know what to do anymore.

Top Bottom