• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Mmkay, so the art thief on DeviantArt has no right to take other people's art and claim it as their own.
But what gives people the right to tell her to go kill herself?
It's easy enough to just report her and leave it at that, but ohhhh no, people gotta throw in some death threats too. -.-
Utterly appalling.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Mmkay, so the art thief on DeviantArt has no right to take other people's art and claim it as their own.
But what gives people the right to tell her to go kill herself?
It's easy enough to just report her and leave it at that, but ohhhh no, people gotta throw in some death threats too. -.-
Utterly appalling.

I was literally just checking that out, because of you mentioning her. I thought it was extreme, too. That said, it's kind of a b*tch move on her part. She seems so proud of herself, too. I actually just wound up following one of the real artists because of it (and because she draws for a lot of the same fandoms I enjoy).

Pretty messed up, eh? But yeah, the report function goes a lot further, than getting into continuous arguments with her.

Edit: According to her (and she's said it a few times in comments, but just released a more official statement) this was to test human observation skills. Dunno if I buy it, but if it's true...well, it takes guts to undertake an experiment that results in everyone hating you. Why she would do it, is beyond me.

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Meaning, I believe in equal rights for anyone willing to fight for them.
1)That's not even remotely reasonable. They are rights, they are given. No one should have to fight to be treated like a fellow human being. That's like saying a toddler should have to fight for their right to speak their first word.(A.K.A Freedom of Speech)
if Batman can take down the entire Justice League
2)Batman is a fictional character. Stop trying to attribute him to real people.

then a woman can at least learn to outsmart (and outfight) a minimum of two men with enough training.
1)This standard you've set up is completely arbitrary.
2)If women followed it, it would prove and mostly do nothing for the fight against inequality.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I was literally just checking that out, because of you mentioning her. I thought it was extreme, too. That said, it's kind of a b*tch move on her part. She seems so proud of herself, too. I actually just wound up following one of the real artists because of it (and because she draws for a lot of the same fandoms I enjoy).

Pretty messed up, eh? But yeah, the report function goes a lot further, than getting into continuous arguments with her.

Edit: According to her (and she's said it a few times in comments, but just released a more official statement) this was to test human observation skills. Dunno if I buy it, but if it's true...well, it takes guts to undertake an experiment that results in everyone hating you. Why she would do it, is beyond me.

I could kind of believe it because from the comments I read, she didn't really retaliate at all. She just marked the comments as spam.
But even so, it's still not right to take someone else's art that they worked extremely hard on and then play it off as theirs.
Testing human observation skills?
Oh yeah, she's going to have a lot of results in pulling a stunt like hers, mainly because a lot of people observed and know the truth.

^^; I actually caught this off Facebook from an ATLOA page. Still pretty shocking though.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm putting you on ignore for now. That post left no doubt (in my mind, anyway) that you have no faith in women being able to take care of themselves in a situation where the government cannot (and will not) protect them. Not giving women the benefit of the doubt is just wrong on so many levels.

Your constant trust in Authoritarianism (or anything else involving your fondness for Big Government) never fails to amaze me.

Making special exceptions for people who refuse to take care of themselves (even though those same people are perfectly capable of doing so) has never helped anyone. In fact, it's only impeded the rest of these women who are ready and willing to protect their own at any cost.

http://www.voanews.com/content/india-red-brigade-hits-back-at-attackers-of-women/1810131.html

“We need to think that we should become so capable that if someone tries to attack us, then we respond in equal measure,” said Vishwakarma. “We want to make girls so mentally and physically strong that they can face any situation.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/07/20/india-rape-vigilantes/2480491/

Long live the Red Brigade.

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Didn't know how to respond to this at first, mostly because you did not address a single part of my argument. You've constructed a complete and utter strawman.
That post left no doubt (in my mind, anyway) that you have no faith in women being able to take care of themselves in a situation where the government cannot (and will not) protect them. Not giving women the benefit of the doubt is just wrong on so many levels.
I said, no one should have to fight to be treated like a fellow human being.
How does that equal; "have no faith in women being able to take care of themselves in a situation where the government cannot (and will not) protect them" ?

Your constant trust in Authoritarianism (or anything else involving your fondness for Big Government) never fails to amaze me.
Don't know where you got this from; because I didn't mention the government in post, nor do I trust it.

Making special exceptions for people who refuse to take care of themselves (even though those same people are perfectly capable of doing so) has never helped anyone. In fact, it's only impeded the rest of these women who are ready and willing to protect their own at any cost.
o_O
What are you even talking about?
I never mentioned giving anyone special rights or privileges.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
In their defense, young women today are mostly exposed to man-hating radicals hiding under the name feminism (see tumblr for example). There are actual feminists who politely and calmly advocate for equality, but from what I heard, the before mentioned group proclaimed them anti-feminist. Some feminists have even adopted the name egalitarians (or something like that) to distinguish themselves from hateful ones.
In such environment it's easy to get confused what feminism really is and who should you align with.

That's the thing with nearly any group. Sometimes the group itself is split into their own interpretation of what the group is standing for. With some extremists on tumblr, many of them (of course not all) are hurt by some form of abuse suffered at the hands of what their significant other did to them and they are against the world (of men mostly), then you have those who use the group for...whatever their affronts are.

With this girl I was talking about, she was rather stubborn in her beliefs of what some women "whine" about (should stay the home-maker, if husband cheats then forgive him, if she gets abused she started it) shouldn't be heard. Mind you this lil' b*tch gets everything thrown in her lap (parents buys her what she wants, she parties, has money, irresponsible). So she was using the concept to twist it to her own validation. :banghead:

Viper

Premium
That's the thing with nearly any group. Sometimes the group itself is split into their own interpretation of what the group is standing for. With some extremists on tumblr, many of them (of course not all) are hurt by some form of abuse suffered at the hands of what their significant other did to them and they are against the world (of men mostly), then you have those who use the group for...whatever their affronts are.

With this girl I was talking about, she was rather stubborn in her beliefs of what some women "whine" about (should stay the home-maker, if husband cheats then forgive him, if she gets abused she started it) shouldn't be heard. Mind you this lil' b*tch gets everything thrown in her lap (parents buys her what she wants, she parties, has money, irresponsible). So she was using the concept to twist it to her own validation. :banghead:

Sounds like she hates the idea that with equality she would be expected to go out and earn her own living, being responsible for making decisions, instead of mooching off daddy and later husband. A fine product of bad parenting.

I don't know what's more sad, that there are girls like this one who are ready to give up on their rights for some idea of comfortable life or that humans are pushing themselves backwards under the guise of trying to move forward.

Abuse should not be an excuse to propagate abuse against those that just happen to have something in common with the perpetrator. Hold an individual responsible for their actions, not their gender or race or any other trait.
Sadly, as much as they like to boast about large brains, humans are still primarily governed by emotions. Positive and negative ones.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because you say it is. Right.

I love it when people think they're automatically entitled to something. Never fails to amuse me.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Survival of the Fittest

Nothing is given to you. It must be earned.
Sounds like pseudo-sociology to me, because you're wrong. You seem to be applying survival of the fittest (natural selection in animals) to human society. Doesn't work that way; building a society, and animal evolution, are two totally different things. It doesn't apply to rights; rights are inherent. Unless, of course, you disagree and think it's okay to kill or maim people or whatever else just because they need to 'earn' the right to be treated fairly. Whatever 'earning it' means... because that's a subjective term. You can hardly build a society on subjective terms.

For some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_and_legal_rights

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Not really. People are more than capable of using logic, but most of them in real life situations rely more on instinct and emotions as a huge part of said instinct.
Most people don't just blurt out the first thing that pops into their head or react based on the first thing they feel. They tend to think things over before opening their mouth or taking action.

But, I would agree that in stressful situations, critical thinking and proper judgment is impaired.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Disclaimer: Again, not about anyone here that I have on FB.

Damn it all, I grow weary of the passive-aggressive statuses you create; I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I don't bother with you for months, and you send me a miserable message, out of the blue; I tentatively try to re-establish our friendship (despite the fact that I was happy without the contact), and it's worse. I mean, you do realize there's this thing called "Google translate", right? So, unless you've lied, and there is another woman you're mooning over, I suggest you keep your lamentations of heartbreak at a minimum...or, you know, not at all.

Seriously, what the hell? I'm not yours, I never will be, and I'm not some trophy to be won. I'm not even special, ffs...

I want a time machine; that way, I can go back to before I got back in contact with you, and keep myself from ever making that stupid mistake in the first place.

I mean, what the hell possessed me? Baka! Baka, baka, baka! :banghead:

Last edited:
Top Bottom