• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Its only 4 years old and has issues every year, my dads friend is sorting it so hopefully he sorts us a deal out. Hes coming back today to fit some parts but they are meant to be cheap so heres hoping it doesnt cost too much. Ive got PC parts and Shadow of Mordor to buy after all.

D: Oh, that's not very old, at all. I hope it gets sorted out without too much trouble for you. =(
*kinda wants to buy Shadow of Mordor but isn't entire sure what that implies about herself*

---

Sleepy rant:
Caaaaaaaffeeeeeeeine.... Caffeeeeeeeeinnnnnne.... *zombie crawls into the kitchen*

Viper

Premium
I do have a lot of hobbies but all of them requires me to get up from bed and walk. which is something i can't do for a while because i yesterday i fell and twisted my ankle.
Oh... ouch... that's bad, it really sucks when your own body gives you trouble like that.
Umm, maybe come up with something you can do while sitting? Also useful for future events like this one. Books, music, notebook and pen... knitting needles and yarn... all it needs is imagination and a spark of creativity.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't.... how can you throw your hands in the air and demand to be shown equal respect and equal rights and ****, but then you go and create a Rugby group for gays? Exclusively for gays? I'm sorry, but I'm fairly sure there were at least a couple of gay members on the mainstream teams. They didn't exclude the gays, so why are the gays excluding mainstream members?
WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?
It's so efin backwards it's no longer funny or scary, it's just....people are stupid.
Especially the attention-seeking gits. Society has accepted you, so don't make a bloody nuisance of yourselves now.

+ I'm so ****ed off. A whole day and half passed and nobody said 'congrats'. So either they really are as stupid as I'd thought, or they didn't bother watching the video. I'm not removing my FB status. I'm so so so angry. I see these people posting crap every 10 minutes, but no like, no comment on the announcement. Yeah, I feel a bit shunned, especially by the family, considering my cousin is 7 weeks ahead of me. I said congrats the same day she posted her announcement. But I get crickets from them. Whatever. I shouldn't have hoped for anything. I just disappoint myself over and over by putting my hope in other people.
And God help me if one of them comments with some sorry-ass excuse or 'congratulations' on my status. I SWEAR I'm going to lose my efin mind.

This totally has everything to do with the fact that I've gone from being forced to try and seriously consider abortion, to being put at fault and blame for falling pregnant alone, to medical issues making this quite possibly the hardest and stressful pregnancy I've had. I'm at week 14, at least efin congratulate us for making it this far.

td;lr, early show is an indicator for early labour. Like I'm not stressed out enough.

++ She's not hearing properly again. So don't tell me to stop shouting at her. I'm not shouting at her. I have to talk in a loud yelling voice so she can actually hear what I'm saying. First his ears, then his eyes, now her ears... it never ends. People who whine that they've got a hard time of it raising kids? I want to up them one against the backside of the head. You don't know what hard is until your kids have to deal with this sort of crap.

KRSkull

It's not like i enjoy sitting home and do nothing and watch everyone around me move forward. I just don't know how to light the flame inside of me. You know the flames that makes your soul burn with passion to get your fat *** up to work hard and be the best.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I know, this is a first world problem, but am I the only one who's getting annoyed by companies changing their food products to contain no artificial flavoring, and no added sugar? I just opened a bag of bell pepper chips (or crisps, for our UK friends), not knowing they had removed the flavoring, and I immediately tasted the difference. It seems to be less salty, and it's like the taste of buttermilk powder is more noticeable. They might've added buttermilk powder to compensate for the lack of added flavoring. And they have the arrogance to call the taste they created 'irresistibly good', and the same as the old taste. Nope.

And all that just because people want 'natural' products... as though such a thing even exists. And somehow, 'natural' means the same thing as 'healthy' nowadays, and people actually buy that nonsense. I mean, when people start trying to make potato chips healthier, that's when I start hating society -- these things aren't meant to be healthy, they're meant to be tasty. Do they think we eat chips all day or something? What's next, the removal of all candy flavoring, 'because it's bad'? What the hell is 'artificial' flavoring anyway? Isn't it all artificial when made by humans? Damn Lay's.

Last edited:

Maxman

I know this is a bit of a ridiculous rant, but am I the only one who's getting annoyed by companies changing their food products to contain no artificial flavoring, and no added sugar? I just opened a bag of bell pepper chips (or crisps, for our UK friends), not knowing they had removed the flavoring, and I immediately tasted the difference. It seems to be less salty, and it's like the taste of buttermilk powder is more noticeable. They might've added buttermilk powder to compensate for the lack of added flavoring. And they have the arrogance to call the taste they created 'irresistibly good', and the same as the old taste. Nope.

And all that just because people want 'natural' products... as though such a thing even exists. And somehow, 'natural' means the same thing as 'healthy' nowadays, and people actually buy that nonsense. I mean, when people start trying to make potato chips healthier, that's when I start hating society -- these things aren't meant to be healthy, they're meant to be tasty. Do they think we eat chips all day or something? What's next, the removal of all candy flavoring, 'because it's bad'? What the hell is 'artificial' flavoring anyway? Isn't it all artificial when made by humans? Damn Lay's.
Agreed :/

Viper

Premium
I know, this is a first world problem, but am I the only one who's getting annoyed by companies changing their food products to contain no artificial flavoring, and no added sugar? I just opened a bag of bell pepper chips (or crisps, for our UK friends), not knowing they had removed the flavoring, and I immediately tasted the difference. It seems to be less salty, and it's like the taste of buttermilk powder is more noticeable. They might've added buttermilk powder to compensate for the lack of added flavoring. And they have the arrogance to call the taste they created 'irresistibly good', and the same as the old taste. Nope.

Artificial flavoring and coloring is made through synthesis in a laboratory. Natural flavoring is per definition extracted from a natural source. For example, carmine color is extracted from certain species of insects. One can also use stuff like red beet, spinach, beta-carotene, etc.
The whole 'artificial stuff is bad' came from researches on mice showing severe health deterioration, however the dosage for such result would have to be large and continuous. People still hear only the word 'cancer'.
These people also don't have the willpower to give up on their comfort food, so they demand something be done about it to make them feel less guilty. Manufacturer has to listen to customers to survive on the market.
Less sugar in food came from a lot of talk about diabetes. Lately there has also been a lot of experimentation with a plant named stevia, to be more precise the compound from it's extract - steviol glycoside. It's much sweeter than sugar, while having no calories. Though from personal experience I can tell you that chocolate with stevia is just not the same, and they also added inulin in the mixture, meaning it comes with a warning that eating more than couple of pieces is like taking a laxative. Though I gather this is great for those on diet.
If you happen to find it less salty, they most probably removed monosodium glutamate, flavor enhancer that lately got quite a bad reputation.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Artificial flavoring and coloring is made through synthesis in a laboratory. Natural flavoring is per definition extracted from a natural source. For example, carmine color is extracted from certain species of insects. One can also use stuff like red beet, spinach, beta-carotene, etc.
The whole 'artificial stuff is bad' came from researches on mice showing severe health deterioration, however the dosage for such result would have to be large and continuous. People still hear only the word 'cancer'.
These people also don't have the willpower to give up on their comfort food, so they demand something be done about it to make them feel less guilty. Manufacturer has to listen to customers to survive on the market.
Less sugar in food came from a lot of talk about diabetes. Lately there has also been a lot of experimentation with a plant named stevia, to be more precise the compound from it's extract - steviol glycoside. It's much sweeter than sugar, while having no calories. Though from personal experience I can tell you that chocolate with stevia is just not the same, and they also added inulin in the mixture, meaning it comes with a warning that eating more than couple of pieces is like taking a laxative. Though I gather this is great for those on diet.
If you happen to find it less salty, they most probably removed monosodium glutamate, flavor enhancer that lately got quite a bad reputation.
True, but what's produced in a lab does stem from nature in some way. Chemicals, as much as people want to deny it, are natural too, and not nearly always bad. It seems to me that everything we eat is artificial in some way, and that's not a bad thing. It all comes down to moderation in the end.

I know, I think stevioside is comparable to aspartame, though it probably doesn't have the same cancerous qualities. But then, the whole hubbub about aspartame being dangerous was a bit stupid too, because you'd have to take inordinate amounts of aspartame before it could actually have a significant effect. The daily dosage could never reach those levels.

I just think it's annoying. Junkfood is not supposed to be healthy, hence the term junkfood. If people want to become more healthy, they need to stop eating so much of what's bad for them, or substitute it with something else. This whole quest to make everything more healthy is stripping healthy people of the simple joys, you know?

Viper

Premium
True, but what's produced in a lab does stem from nature in some way. Chemicals, as much as people want to deny it, are natural too, and not nearly always bad. It seems to me that everything we eat is artificial in some way, and that's not a bad thing. It all comes down to moderation in the end.

I know, I think stevioside is comparable to aspartame, though it probably doesn't have the same cancerous qualities. But then, the whole hubbub about aspartame being dangerous was a bit stupid too, because you'd have to take inordinate amounts of aspartame before it could actually have a significant effect. The daily dosage could never reach those levels.

I just think it's annoying. Junkfood is not supposed to be healthy, hence the term junkfood. If people want to become more healthy, they need to stop eating so much of what's bad for them, or substitute it with something else. This whole quest to make everything more healthy is stripping healthy people of the simple joys, you know?
I think we can thank the media for that and their articles on what's healthy and what's not written in a way to shock people. Saddest part is that it's mostly copy&paste from various unverified sources, I once even saw completely contradicting articles on a same website published with maybe a day between.
Still, it's enough for simple minded people that, like I said, have the guilt and concern, but not the willpower. There are tons of far healthier recipes for homemade chips online, but popping open a bag is easier than peeling potatoes.
Same with GMO, everyone screams it's bad cause it's genetically modified, forgetting the fact that all our food that was made through cultivating and selective breeding is basically genetically modified, all they changed is having better control over results.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Meds were increased yesterday (which meant that I slept heavily for quite a few hours today). As soon as I get downstairs, father is being a nasty... person and making snide comments at my mum. I say, "I really want this as soon as I come down". His repsonse, "Don't like it, tough!".

I'm getting real sick of this.
I've got a funny feeling that when I finish changing my meds, I'm going to be a different person... and I don't think it's going to be a change for the better...:grumpy:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meds were increased yesterday (which meant that I slept heavily for quite a few hours today). As soon as I get downstairs, father is being a nasty... person and making snide comments at my mum. I say, "I really want this as soon as I come down". His repsonse, "Don't like it, tough!".

I'm getting real sick of this.
I've got a funny feeling that when I finish changing my meds, I'm going to be a different person... and I don't think it's going to be a change for the better...:grumpy:
What an asshat. Is there any way you can move out with your mum?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
What an asshat. Is there any way you can move out with your mum?

Isn't he just. Well, both of my parents names are on the tenancy agreement and, neither one are prepared to take their names off (so to move out and get another place, my mum would have to take her name off but, she doesn't see that she should be the one to move out and, neither does my dad). Mum was boasting a few weeks ago that she was going to come with me to my Doctor's appointment on Tuesday (this week) to see if the Doctor could help us get something sorted with our landlord but, Dad 'jumped in' and came with me instead.

I have been thinking about stuff this evening. I can't go and leave Tilly ( it's more than likely that she wouldn't be able to come with me and, I can't be without her because she helps with the way I cope with things). So the only thing I can do is wait until anything happens to her (which won't be for a quite a few years *touch wood*) and get on with it, then make a decision.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Isn't he just. Well, both of my parents names are on the tenancy agreement and, neither one are prepared to take their names off (so to move out and get another place, my mum would have to take her name off but, she doesn't see that she should be the one to move out and, neither does my dad). Mum was boasting a few weeks ago that she was going to come with me to my Doctor's appointment on Tuesday (this week) to see if the Doctor could help us get something sorted with our landlord but, Dad 'jumped in' and came with me instead.

I have been thinking about stuff this evening. I can't go and leave Tilly ( it's more than likely that she wouldn't be able to come with me and, I can't be without her because she helps with the way I cope with things). So the only thing I can do is wait until anything happens to her (which won't be for a quite a few years *touch wood*) and get on with it, then make a decision.

Is there any way you could sit down and chat with your mum about what she's aiming for versus the health and well being of you and her? If it's a case of finances that makes her so stubborn to stay, would a court order be an option? Kick your dad out (he's a big boy and can take care of himself, I'm sure?) through the court with verbal and emotional abuse as your motivation to get him out. Maybe next time you go see your doctor, you can ask him yourself to give you support to get away from that abusive environment, whether your dad or your mum is with you. Sounds like your parents are so focussed on themselves, maybe in this case if you adopt that approach as well, you'll get things sorted.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Is there any way you could sit down and chat with your mum about what she's aiming for versus the health and well being of you and her? If it's a case of finances that makes her so stubborn to stay, would a court order be an option? Kick your dad out (he's a big boy and can take care of himself, I'm sure?) through the court with verbal and emotional abuse as your motivation to get him out. Maybe next time you go see your doctor, you can ask him yourself to give you support to get away from that abusive environment, whether your dad or your mum is with you. Sounds like your parents are so focussed on themselves, maybe in this case if you adopt that approach as well, you'll get things sorted.

I've spoken to her many times. I've told her that I'm worried he's going to stress her out so much that she is going to end up having a heart attack. She's not stupid, she can she what their arguments are doing to me. She's even said to me that, "I wish we could be a better family". My reply, "Yup, well that's never gonna happen".
The government stopped 'legal aid' so getting lawyers and courts involved is out of the question.
My dad is an 'abuser'. In the relationship with my mum, it's always been emotional (in his first marriage it was physical too). She said that if he laid a hand on her, that would be it, but he never has (so that proves to me that he knows what he is doing). When mum has threatened to leave in the past, he's threatened suicide. About five weeks ago, they had a massive argument, which got so bad that she asked me if I wanted to go to my Uncle and Auntie's place to get away (but I wouldn't leave Tilly). Of course, when she said that, dad got all apologetic with the "I don't want to lose you or my daughter" BS.
My dad is focused on himself (i.e. his head is well and truly up his ar$e), he doesn't know anything about me anymore (also, he said that if I self harmed, he'd let me get on with it.... A* parenting... I haven't done it in ages though, so, no worries there).

I've said to my doctor about getting away from dad, but because my dad is a patient of his, my dad is a totally different person when he sees him (Jekyll & Hyde). So it's like he doesn't believe me. My mum has even gone to our G.P. and said what an a$$hat my dad is (but that was a few years ago). I've also asked for support from my G.P. BUT, because I have a 'coping strategy', he won't refer me.

Top Bottom