• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This isn't a serious rant, but: WHY DON'T WE HAVE BATH ANS BODY WORKS IN THE UK???!!!

If I want to buy their products I have to order it in, wait ages for it to arrive and then pay import tax to boot. Next time I go to America, I will be taking an extra suitcase to fill with loads of candles, body wash and antibac.

Viper

Premium
This isn't a serious rant, but: WHY DON'T WE HAVE BATH ANS BODY WORKS IN THE UK???!!!

If I want to buy their products I have to order it in, wait ages for it to arrive and then pay import tax to boot. Next time I go to America, I will be taking an extra suitcase to fill with loads of candles, body wash and antibac.
Umm... I'm pretty sure there is a limit on how much body wash and similar stuff you can take with you into plane. I think it's time for you to consider a local alternative.
Oriflame has some nice stuff, it's order only, but it has a branch in UK so it might come cheaper.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Umm... I'm pretty sure there is a limit on how much body wash and similar stuff you can take with you into plane. I think it's time for you to consider a local alternative.
Oriflame has some nice stuff, it's order only, but it has a branch in UK so it might come cheaper.
I figure if I put it in a suitcase, then it wouldn't count as carry on luggage and would be in the main hold of the plane instead. I've done it before, and if I go over the weight limit, I just pay the excess weight charge.

Even after that, it works out cheaper than importing from America. UK is such a ripoff when it comes to prices. :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Oriflame, btw. They have some things I'll certainly be buying.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Ok. That's it. I know Kotaku is pretty crappy site, but not only Kotaku it's like everywhere I go and trying to read about MGSV some immature *** whines about how Quite is crappy character. FFS what is wrong with them. IT's like some people never seen girl in bikini + Kojima explained why she looks like it + it was fine with boss in MGS3 to run half--naked all around. Seriously it's getting tiresome, to keep with this absurd flip-out. She is half-naked. Period. Deal with it.

PS I hope i didn't offended anyone's personal views on this site.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Ok. That's it. I know Kotaku is pretty crappy site, but not only Kotaku it's like everywhere I go and trying to read about MGSV some immature *** whines about how Quite is crappy character. FFS what is wrong with them. IT's like some people never seen girl in bikini + Kojima explained why she looks like it + it was fine with boss in MGS3 to run half--naked all around. Seriously it's getting tiresome, to keep with this absurd flip-out. She is half-naked. Period. Deal with it.

PS I hope i didn't offended anyone's personal views on this site.

No worries. Some people are to immature to handle grown up stuff like this. lol I on the other hand know if a Boss in MGS is half naked (male or female) that only means one thing: I'm going to get my @$$ handed to me so I'd better keep those rations just in case. =3

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No worries. Some people are to immature to handle grown up stuff like this. lol I on the other hand know if a Boss in MGS is half naked (male or female) that only means one thing: I'm going to get my @$$ handed to me so I'd better keep those rations just in case. =3
haha lol ^^ I know it just freakin' annoying. Games deals with issues like child soldiers, and biggest worry is " OH NO NAKED GIRL". That's outstandingly ridiculous.

Viper

Premium
@Innsmouth Expect to see more of that, these days it's popular to claim that a female character in revealing outfit is made solely to be eye candy for men and is for that alone a bad character. And a lot of people won't stop and think maybe they ought to read Kojima's explanation, thus continuing to ramble without basis.
Funny, when I first saw Quiet, I was put off by the outfit as well. Not cause I was personally offended by it, no, it was cause it didn't make sense that a sniper in Afghanistan desert would have so much of their skin exposed to scorching sun. Okay, and slightly cause the whole ripped pantyhose over bikini bottoms look is kinda ugly. But if the reason is good enough, I'm okay with it.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I think I read his reason for it, and it seemed perfectly fine. Also, remember that such an outfit makes Quiet seem less dangerous than she actually is. I'm sure that's kind of the idea. She's a sniper who looks a bit fragile and harmless. She'll probably use that to her advantage in the story. It could also mean she's not afraid of getting hurt - she wears those panties with holes in them proudly.

Viper

Premium
@Sunny this kind of mentality grown out of hand. I'm not even sure who exactly those people constantly bashing it.
No one and everyone. People just have the need to throw tantrums. To put the blame for their lives being crap on someone else, and when someone throws a spark, wildfire spreads.
These days the biggest claim is that representation of women in video games influences men's view of women in real life. I would say relationship with one's parents, what little offline human interaction (parties) there is being reduced to drinking yourself to oblivion, and how society tends to treat those from who they can gain (i.e children from rich, influential families or successful athletes) is a far bigger issue than video games will ever be, but it's easier and more interesting to general public to go after cheap entertainment.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
...Not to mention the people crying, "Sexist!" over the females being scantily clad are the same people ogling the male eye candy in other games. It's just plain silly. Personally, I'm not bothered by the provocative female characters, because there is just as much fan service for women as there is for men...or close to it, at any rate. You just need to know where to look. ;)

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
...Not to mention the same people crying, "Sexist!" over the females being scantily clad are the same people ogling the male eye candy in other games. It's just plain silly. Personally, I'm not bothered by the provocative female characters, because there is just as much fan service for women as there is for men...or close to it, at any rate. You just need to know where to look. ;)
Oh god do I have examples of this...
Their excuse? "But those men are not sexualized, it's male power fantasy! Everything is always for men, when they express discomfort I'm just gonna give them a mean look and continue crying sexist! lalalalala I'm not listening when you mention mountain of yaoi and huge female fanbase lalalalala..."
Most people are too lazy to look, so they only latch onto biggest titles, like it's the only thing industry makes.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Wow... experts actually think this? LOL. Yeaaah... 'experts'. I'll bet. Is this stuff from... 'Murica?

Well, people with Asperger's don't normally have poor concentration, I think. They're just chronically socially awkward, in the sense that they can lose interest quickly, don't know what to say, or might not even respond. They often obsessively stick to routines and patterns.

''Individuals with AS often have excellent auditory and visual perception. Children with ASD often demonstrate enhanced perception of small changes in patterns such as arrangements of objects or well-known images; typically this is domain-specific and involves processing of fine-grained features.'' - Wikipedia

That could indicate they might be good at certain video games. That said, Asperger's is different for everyone. Some people have trouble with spacial perception.

It's also pretty ridiculous, since most people play video games nowadays. Many people are addicted to them. I don't see how something that's hereditary can be caused by looking at a screen for a while. You can't 'contract' Asperger syndrome.
I guess it's just another thing they can use against gaming. Seriously, I have seen so much nonsense over the past year or so. There seems to be some kind of perpetual campaign against gaming. And I don't even know why anymore... their reasoning just sucks.

The concentration thing probably depends on what that person is doing. I'm not great at writing, but if it sit down and start to draw (or do 3D work), I'll stay there for a few hours (especially if I'm listening to music).

My visual perception is a bit off, but I'm great at hearing noises that no one else can hear (especially in the middle of the night :nailbiting: ).

As for the whole gaming thing, I don't game as much as I used to. If I do, it's mostly at night (no distractions).
I find timing very difficult, especially QTE's (oh, and rhythm games can be a bit of a b*tch too), but I get used to the sequences.

Perhaps it is. Who knows what 'depths' these 'experts'/people against gaming

Umm define "experts" in the context of the article.
Were they scientists that had studied in a field that deals with aspergers?

Well, that was the best thing, there weren't any names, and they didn't say what they were 'experts' in (they're probably experts in BS, I've got a few family members who are experts in that :p )

*joins in headbutting*
The latest 'craze' about autism is that apparently, if you were breastfed as a baby, you're less likely to 'develop' autism.
Like it's an abnormality that just happens.

Don't believe what they say about Aspergers or Autism in the media. These 'experts' clearly know squat.

Oh very good! Is that a way of scaring mums (especially new ones) into breastfeeding their children?
That's what it sounds like to me.
*slams head into desk*
Mind you, I think I've heard the same thing about asthma (kids that aren't breast fed are more likely to get asthma) *cough*BS*cough*

Meg

I think there needs to be a ban on threads whose sole purpose of existence is to complain about people who dislike DmC. They keep popping up, and they're so pointless. Some people don't like DmC. Get over it. I swear I really do see more people complaining about people who don't like DmC than I actually see people complaining about how they dislike DmC. :banghead:

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Oh god do I have examples of this...
Their excuse? "But those men are not sexualized, it's male power fantasy! Everything is always for men, when they express discomfort I'm just gonna give them a mean look and continue crying sexist! lalalalala I'm not listening when you mention mountain of yaoi and huge female fanbase lalalalala..."
Most people are too lazy to look, so they only latch onto biggest titles, like it's the only thing industry makes.
You probably shouldn't mention yaoi, it isn't popular or widely accepted in almost all forms of media.

Exejpgwmv

I think there needs to be a ban on threads whose sole purpose of existence is to complain about people who dislike DmC. They keep popping up, and they're so pointless. Some people don't like DmC. Get over it. I swear I really do see more people complaining about people who don't like DmC than I actually see people complaining about DmC. :banghead:
No need for that :p
I say treat them the way I treat threads whose sole purpose is to hate on DmC and it's fanbase:
Just either ignore or shame them out of existence:laugh:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You probably shouldn't mention yaoi, it isn't popular or widely accepted in almost all forms of media.

Not widely, but I can think of a fair number of examples, whether it's simply implied, or full-blown verified. ^^; Either way, it's all over the internet...there's more yaoi than straight pairings, I wager.

Not complaining--just making an observation. :whistle:

Meg

No need for that :p
I say treat them the way I treat threads whose sole purpose is to hate on DmC and it's fanbase:
Just either ignore or shame them out of existence:laugh:
Yeah well those kinds of threads are already banned. And have been for like two years. :cautious:

Exejpgwmv

Not widely, but I can think of a fair number of examples, whether it's simply implied, or full-blown verified. ^^; Either way, it's all over the internet...there's more yaoi than straight pairings, I wager.

Not complaining--just making an observation. :whistle:
True. But as soon as it get's into mainstream media a certain very loud group starts shouting "HOMOSSEXUAL AGENDA, THEY'EER TRYING TO TURN OUR KIDS GAY THROUGH THEM VIDYA GAMS"

(Funny how no one screams, "Heterosexual Agenda!", when a straight couple is being depicted though.)

Exejpgwmv

Yeah well those kinds of threads are already banned. And have been for like two years. :cautious:
Well, that's mostly because those kind of threads got really out of hand, and most reasonable people(Even people you) didn't like them.

And if the trend were talking about doesn't settle down and only increases in frequency, then it'll probably go down the same path.

Top Bottom