• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Because most of the people are blinded by money. They associate jobs with a certain amount of money. If you have a job and you get paid that certain amount or higher then they consider it a "real" job. If you get paid lower than that certain amount they will tell you to grow up and get a real job.
Mmmm. Sounds like a writer's bane to me. 'You need a career!' I have a career, I'm working on it. 'Writing is not a job!' Like, whoa, really, so I just put all this effort and research into a manuscript that took me over 1000 hours to write, for the hell of it? 'It's not a real job unless you get paid!' Well, see, there's this thing called the publishing process which is like going for an interview for a job only IT LASTS FOR MONTHS. And then you're still not guaranteed the position. 'So how much do you earn per month for your published work?' Oh, I actually don't earn a cent because once my work is published, I get a $10k allowance from my publisher. Until my publisher has recouped that amount from my book sales, I'm still earning jack-all. And then maybe the royalties of, say, 20 cents to $1 per book sale will come rolling in dribs and drabs.

Money isn't everything, am I right?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Because most of the people are blinded by money. They associate jobs with a certain amount of money. If you have a job and you get paid that certain amount or higher then they consider it a "real" job. If you get paid lower than that certain amount they will tell you to grow up and get a real job.
Agreed. I was raised in a school that beleived that and was surrounded by affluent people who reallty cared about making more money.

My job doesn't pay anything near what my parents or other family members earn and it never will. Other members of my family wonder why I wasted my education on doing it, but they don't understand that working with children with special needs is really rewarding for me and more than makes up for the low pay.

I'd rather do a job that gives something back to the community and gives me personal fulfilment than run a company, make millions then get stressed and have a heart attack.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Wow... I thought the hatred toward DMC/DmC would be gone by now, especially on this forum. I thought that by now, this was a decent place where people didn't just assume things and start fights.

All I said was this:

For me, it's not enough for DMC5 to be a good, fun game. It needs to be a Devil May Cry game. That means no westernizations, no reboots, no retcon cr@p, just Devil May Cry as it was envisioned originally. So maybe let Kamiya work on DMC5 and make it come after DMC4's story. No annoying graffiti art and shoite, and give us a decently mature Dante. If it had graphics and cut scenes of DMC 4 quality, gameplay of DMC 3/DMC 4 quality (without the backtracking), and dialog of DMC 3 quality (not DmC's dialogs/monologs, lol) I'd be as happy as possible.

And this is the response I get:

''And the way you responded really just reinforces one of the reasons why all some of the stubborn DMC people hate DmC. It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get. A lot seem to think everything from the east is superior. They're the people that will belittle anyone who watches dubbed anime. Won't ever admit that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. Think Japan is the anime and cosplay wonderland......you get the point.

Wow... so now I'm a weeaboo for preferring DMC1 to DMC4 over DmC, and not wanting DMC to be rebooted or retconned? Well... great. So even if I carefully word something, someone still manages to insult me. Dafuq.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow... I thought the hatred toward DMC/DmC would be gone by now, especially on this forum. I thought that by now, this was a decent place where people didn't just assume things and start fights.

All I said was this:

For me, it's not enough for DMC5 to be a good, fun game. It needs to be a Devil May Cry game. That means no westernizations, no reboots, no retcon cr@p, just Devil May Cry as it was envisioned originally. So maybe let Kamiya work on DMC5 and make it come after DMC4's story. No annoying graffiti art and shoite, and give us a decently mature Dante. If it had graphics and cut scenes of DMC 4 quality, gameplay of DMC 3/DMC 4 quality (without the backtracking), and dialog of DMC 3 quality (not DmC's dialogs/monologs, lol) I'd be as happy as possible.

''And the way you responded really just reinforces one of the reasons why all some of the stubborn DMC people hate DmC. It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get. A lot seem to think everything from the east is superior. They're the people that will belittle anyone who watches dubbed anime. Won't ever admit that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. Think Japan is the anime and cosplay wonderland......you get the point.

Wow... so now I'm a weeaboo for preferring DMC1 to DMC4 over DmC, and not wanting DMC to be rebooted or retconned? Well... great. So even if I carefully word something, someone still manages to insult me. Dafuq.

For the record, I don't think a DMC game created as it was originally envisioned will go down well with either side of the coin (no, I'm not saying this to tick you off, really think about it). Too much has changed, and besides, wasn't the original vision just a scrap from RE that didn't work but had too much time and effort put into it to simply sweep it under the rug? That's what I thought, anyway, or am I wrong on the origins of DMC?
Although I do agree with your description. That does sound like a prime DMC game. (except the DMC3 dialog part - I think a healthy mix of the right pickings between DMC3, DMC4 and DmC would be ideal).

As for the person who responded to you (OH yes, PLEASE, feel FREE to join in here if you like dude), sounds like hogwash to me. If he wants to make this a cultural thing (which it is), he needs to backtrack to the company and place that made DMC. There were Americans and Japanese involved. BOTH.
And if he thinks anime and cartoons ARE the same thing? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeaaaah no. He needs to catch a clue.
-EDIT-
Actually, here you go, mister: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Difference between Cartoon and Anime

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan

All I said was this:

you might be overestimating the mental maturity of some of the fanbase.

best thing: ignore it, and ignore people who talk out of their ass about it. like what you like, don't argue a case with people who aren't capable of seeing the other side. unfortunately this forum has a couple of people who are incapable of rational debate on it. it'll ruin your forum experience to spend too much energy on people like this.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Look, I'm sorry that you have issues in your life and that you have problems, but I am not your therapist. You can't use me as some big bowl that you can dump all your frustrations into and walk away without a care in the world and then not let me vent in return. I have feelings, too. And, let's be honest, I do more in a week than you do, even if I don't have what you call a "real job". So why don't you just stop and think before you speak for a change. It might make both of us happier people.

Edit: Not directed at anyone on the forums, so please don't take it that way. >_<

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Alright, this is ridiculous. Somebody here (won't mention names) said that he hates people who care about the opinion of the majority. Starts verbally assaulting them for pointing out that 'bad' games got pretty nice review grades sometimes.

So he hates people who point out that whether something is good or not is subjective. Then, in contradiction, he proceeds to say (basically) that Silent Hill 4 was not scary 'because most people thought it wasn't'. Called me chicken for finding it scary, when he himself admitted that horror is a subjective thing - so again, that's a huge contradiction. SH4 not being scary is either objective or subjective, not both.

Then he gets angry because three people 'didn't understand his comments'. Sorry, but if three or four people misunderstood your comment, maybe they are not the problem - maybe your comment is.

Man, is this guy clueless or what? Just stop passing off your opinion as fact, and stop blaming others for your badly written comments. But you're not going to do that, are you? Maybe I just needed to vent.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm to depressed to talk about everything wrong about what you just said, but I will just simply say you're wrong and a are being a spineless [insert fitting word here folks].

Don't bother responding.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I'm to depressed to talk about everything wrong about what you just said, but I will just simply say you're wrong and a are being a spineless [insert fitting word here folks].

Don't bother responding.
Just to let you know, I've ignored you. But if you have personal issues, maybe it's best to sort that out, instead of projecting your anger towards others on a public forum. Maybe take a break? I dunno. You may have a problem with me, but I have none with you. I have a problem with your state of mind, not with you as a person.
So... yeah, you're still a member of the forum, and I hope you feel better soon anyway.

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I went to pick up my kids from school, as per usual my daughter had found her way to the playground. Got her bag (I'm so happy I haven't accidentally picked up another kids' bag all this year because everyone seems to have the same bloomin bags) and went hunting for her after losing sight of the boys. A couple of girls in her class come up to me and (the tattletales they are) tells me that she did something inappropriate, which I shall not publicly name. First reaction is, of course, anger/embarrassment. Only of the mild sort. She is a special needs kiddo. I spot her and say 'you and I need to talk'. 'But what about, what about, what about mum?' I take her a short distance away from the watching girls and quietly say 'I heard you did some things that you shouldn't do with your clothes'.
To which she responds: But mum, they told me to do it!

Oh yes. Hell hath no fury. Walked up to the girls and very loudly (so if the women standing around looking oblivious by any chance are any of their parents, they'd take bloody notice) and snappily said 'you girls need to stop making trouble! She did those things because you told her to do it. She doesn't know any better!' and walked off.

Well I hope I ****ing embarrassed the sheit of their mama's, too. Bloody kids! I'm chatting to their teacher tomorrow morning at drop off, too, about this. There's a line, as much as I want my kid to have friends and keep friends, there is a line. They've crossed it so I don't really give a flying :poop: if I scare them off. I'd rather they stay away from her than tell her to do something worse. Maybe working with sn kids have tamed the fury that ignorance creates in me. But I'm still SO. ANGRY. If I wasn't preggers, I'd have had a glass of wine to celebrate not actually wringing any necks or cussing or screaming at the ignorance of some people.

I do believe I'm going to break a few cars and get a few disciplinary hearings into play when high school swings around. I'm unfortunately for the kiwis, one of those people who won't bat an eyelash to get hardass about my kids. I hate confrontation, but when it comes to my kids, I'M ALL FOR IT.

But just :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Top Bottom