• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In regards to the last two posts, I'm just gonna use my old argument, "it's nature's way," and "survival of the fittest" because we can't stop these things from happening to everyone, and this is something that they'll have to work out for themselves in the end.

Sure, we can help out our friends and family, but we also need to take care of our own relationships first.

That's why I never bother with this "humanity" nonsense. I have no time -- rather, I have no patience for any of this and avoid human contact as much as I can.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I. F@#king. Hate. My. Job.

Really need to get a new one or I'm getting to the point where I might just quit. I don't want to without a new job though. My coworkers are a$$holes and lazy d-bags who go basically smoke every 20 minutes leaving me to do most of the work.
Plus, it gets really hard to bite my tongue especially sometimes when I work with the manager's daughter who clearly has a problem with me, not because I'm a bad worker or a bad guy, but because I'm agnostic and they're devout Christians.

Plus, with the place being 24 hours I'm given the weirdest hours and my sleep pattern is never normal. I'm up and sleeping at random times on off days and I can't get this crap back on track.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But the reality is vice versa. Women label men as children all the time. Mostly because it's true, but still. You can't point the finger from one side and say the other is in the wrong, when the other side is doing the exact same thing, can you?
I'm aware of that and if I'd been reading the same comments from women about men, it would've angered me too. I just happened to be reading these comments from men when I made the post. Both are as bad as each other.

Beleive me, nothing annoys me more than a woman taking a man for a ride, treating him like a moron and using him for his money while she is lazy and disrespects him. There are women out there who marry and have children just because they don't want to work and take pride in that. They don't love their husbands and see him as nothing but a bank account. Or the women who think men can be trained like a dog and think of them as simple minded creatures. I don't like that at all.

Then there are the adverts that show men as useless while the woman can do everything. Or how men are thought of as either a public menace, sex predator or a useless father. Rminds me of that life insurance advert. The father/husband with children, and the advert boiled down to it being better if the father/husband died so that his wife could pay off bills and then buy new shoes. Nice to know that husbands and fathers are valued so little these days.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Loopy @Dante's Stalker Right there with ya; I guess we're some of those rare individuals that, when we say we want equality, we actually f*cking mean it, and none of this, "We want all the privileges and none of the consequences" BS. I hate women like that.

HATE. Them. Probably because I've seen those types use and abuse my closest friends, which just so happen to be male. Not that I can't get along with women, but for some reason, I haven't had a really close female friend since high-school. The few I know in real life I just don't click with--as in, we don't share the same interests. Meanwhile, online...I get along with almost everyone. :laugh:

I'm either less fickle online, or there's more common ground, here.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
@Loopy @Dante's Stalker Right there with ya; I guess we're some of those rare individuals that, when we say we want equality, we actually f*cking mean it, and none of this, "We want all the privileges and none of the consequences" BS. I hate women like that.

HATE. Them. Probably because I've seen those types use and abuse my closest friends, which just so happen to be male. Not that I can't get along with women, but for some reason, I haven't had a really close female friend since high-school. The few I know in real life I just don't click with--as in, we don't share the same interests. Meanwhile, online...I get along with almost everyone. :laugh:

I'm either less fickle online, or there's more common ground, here.
Exactly. People who say they want this or that but don't do it in real life aren't to be taken seriosuly. All talk and no action.

Women saying they want to be equal, have a job, but then give it up and don't go back to work ever, even when the child is in highschool....I don't understand that. At least get a part time job and help the husband with household bills. Surely they should be open to their husband also taking time off work to look after children. They need their Dads as much as they need their Mums.

It's like this new phenomenon of stay at home women being annoyed and filing for divorce when their husbands retire. Yes, that is so terrible that the man who paid for the woman to be at home, paid for her clothes and food and house wants to live there in his retirement.:rolleyes: Makes no sense to me. He paid for it all and worked hard all of his life, why shouldn't he enjoy it in his retirement.

I suppose I think this way because my Dad was the one who took time off work to look after me while my Mum worked. So I see the big value and contribution fathers make to their children. I think men are equaly good at looking after children and women can also have a job. I'm not rigid when it comes to who looks after children or who has a job because of how I was raised. Both of my parents share house work, and my Dad is the better cook (in my opinion:tongue:), while my Mum is better at fixing toilets, gardening and house DIY.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm proud of me, right now. I handled that very, very well, if I do say so, myself. I didn't fly off the handle once, I only said what had to be said, and left everything else alone.

Don't really give a damn that she didn't like it; if you call me eight times within four hours over something that could have waited until later this week, after pulling this same stunt on a regular basis, I'm eventually going to call you out on it, and say it needs to stop.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't have time to talk on the phone for 2+ hours every day; I have a child to take care of, housework, a husband, and a dream I'm trying to realize--something that cannot be done, if I get pulled into your endless vortex of complaints every single day.

Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself; I sure as hell won't be.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Loopy @Rebel Dynasty I'm like that too, the girl friends I do have are the tomboy/adventurous type. I can't stand the drama that the girly girls make a part of their identity. They're just a bunch of b....anyhooooo.:whistle:

The problem with working mums is that often the main breadwinner is the dad. He earns more, plain and simple. It has to be an anti-societal dynamic for dad to stay home/take off work, because he needs to be able to actually do it by himself, too. Behind closed doors, a lot of men freak at the thought of not having mum there to pass the kids onto when they get out of hand. Unless of course this was the way things always happen in the family.

So don't judge mums who choose to stay home too harsh. Trust me, they are not picking the easy way out. No money of your own, wholly reliant on the husband to pay for everything, and the fear of him either walking out, dying early or being made redundant is a heavy one to bear. Family less husband equals deep, deep poo (the figurative type, ontop of the already literal type).

I am slightly biased, though. My mum and dad worked until the daycare stuffed up with my little brother (the fact that I got bullied at kindergarten seems to not have been motivation enough for them to switch to part-time work or resigning, instead I got chucked at an old aunt) and mum stayed home since dad got a promotion, but even then I had no real relationship with either of them. It's hard to form any genuine relationship when the effort is onesided. My parents working full time for the first seven years of my life ruined our family, so I'm not all up in the air when a mother decides to quit her job to raise her kids (same for dads too, but I have yet to meet a couple who actually live that dynamic).

I guess that's why I've always been adverse to getting forced into a full time job. None of the jobs I ever held were 'normal' work hours. The first two I worked over weekends, which meant quality time for dad and bubs, but none for me and him. Third job was contract and I did it from home. Fourth job was from 6pm - 2am. Fifth job was babysitting where I could bring my own kids along. Last and current job only has me working 16 hours a week, every day, while the kids are at school/kindy.
The thing is that I don't have to work. We don't need the extra cash, we're fairly well off. It's more for my sense of independence, than anything else. I absolutely loathe asking for money to get things done.

I totally forgot my point. Whoop. Go me :facepalm:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
@Loopy @Rebel Dynasty I'm like that too, the girl friends I do have are the tomboy/adventurous type. I can't stand the drama that the girly girls make a part of their identity. They're just a bunch of b....anyhooooo.:whistle:
Yep, same here. I mostly have male friends. The female ones are more on the tomboyish side. I don't like the fakeness, shopping trips and nail salons that come with stereotypical ladies. :tongue:

The problem with working mums is that often the main breadwinner is the dad. He earns more, plain and simple. It has to be an anti-societal dynamic for dad to stay home/take off work, because he needs to be able to actually do it by himself, too. Behind closed doors, a lot of men freak at the thought of not having mum there to pass the kids onto when they get out of hand. Unless of course this was the way things always happen in the family.
I can only speak from how I was raised, but my parents earned about the same and could afford for one of them not not work again. But both of my parents like what they do so they both work.
Having said that, my Dad tells me that staying at home with me when I was little meant more to him than any achievement he has ever done at work, which is saying a lot really. Maybe my Dad is some kind of rare species.:tongue:

So don't judge mums who choose to stay home too harsh. Trust me, they are not picking the easy way out. No money of your own, wholly reliant on the husband to pay for everything, and the fear of him either walking out, dying early or being made redundant is a heavy one to bear. Family less husband equals deep, deep poo (the figurative type, ontop of the already literal type).
The only Mums I am critical about are the ones who either abuse their children, or have children for the sake of not working. The sort who don't want children, but have them anyway and then hire a nanny and house help to do all the work. That is not being a mother at all. Same goes for a man who does the same.

I agree that it is a huge risk in being the at home parent. Like you say, spousal death, illness, divorce, abuse or cheating could happen and the partner at home wouldn't be able to do much about it because they have no money to move out and provide for the children alone. That's why I think it's important for the stay at home parent to work part time when the children are old enough in case of an emergency where the working parent can't or won't provide money for whatever reason.

It's hard to form any genuine relationship when the effort is onesided. My parents working full time for the first seven years of my life ruined our family, so I'm not all up in the air when a mother decides to quit her job to raise her kids (same for dads too, but I have yet to meet a couple who actually live that dynamic).
I wouldn't say I'm up in the air if a parents quits the job to raise children so long as they really know what they are getting into without regrets and know the possible pitfalls of what could happen. The thing that sticks in my head the most are affairs and the man walking away with a younger woman. I've seen it happen back home, and my friends and I have been in the awful position of having married men with children try to flirt with us and ask for dates.

I guess that's why I've always been adverse to getting forced into a full time job. None of the jobs I ever held were 'normal' work hours. The first two I worked over weekends, which meant quality time for dad and bubs, but none for me and him. Third job was contract and I did it from home. Fourth job was from 6pm - 2am. Fifth job was babysitting where I could bring my own kids along. Last and current job only has me working 16 hours a week, every day, while the kids are at school/kindy.
The thing is that I don't have to work. We don't need the extra cash, we're fairly well off. It's more for my sense of independence, than anything else. I absolutely loathe asking for money to get things done.
Do what is best for you, that's the best thing to do. Go to say, that sure sounds like some varied job working hours. I'm not sure I could do 6pm till 2 am. 7 am till till 4 is more my thing:wink:

And I totally agree with wanting independence. I'm used to earning money, I can rely on myself and my job is really rewarding to me so I'm not working just for the money.

I'd feel really worthless if I had to ask a husband for money. It'd be like asking parents for pocket money in my eyes. I guess that's a bit out there, but that's how I'd feel if I did that.

I just don't think I could live like that. I come from a family where the women could easily stay at home, hire some house help and do nothing, but we work because we want to be known as more than wives and mothers and we want to be dependent. I guess we're also lucky that the men in our family support that choice and are proud that their wives, sisters and daughters are highly educated and successful and can contribute to the family in many ways.

KRSkull

Just because i don't have a F***ing job. Doesn't mean that i have a lot of free time in my hand.

Technically i do have a job but most of you simple minded people out there won't acknowledge it because i don't get money from it.

Just so you know i am very proud of my job as the man of the houses (yes houses as in more than one). And i do get paid but not with that worthless piece of paper you call money. I get the most valuable treasure in the entire world. I get something money can't buy.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just because i don't have a F***ing job. Doesn't mean that i have a lot of free time in my hand.

Technically i do have a job but most of you simple minded people out there won't acknowledge it because i don't get money from it.

Just so you know i am very proud of my job as the man of the houses (yes houses as in more than one). And i do get paid but not with that worthless piece of paper you call money. I get the most valuable treasure in the entire world. I get something money can't buy.
What does that mean? I'm curious and baffled. What do you do?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I'm not sure what he's getting at, either. Let's start a PM with the three of us so that he doesn't have to declare it here.

Last edited:

KRSkull

What does that mean? I'm curious and baffled. What do you do?

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's getting at, either. Let's start a PM with the three of us so that he doesn't have to declare it here.

Well basically what i do is when my mother, and aunts (My mother's sisters) want grocery, watch over their houses when they travel, Want to pick something from one house and bring it to another house, or bring a Plumber or Electrician to fix something in their houses. They come to me.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Innovation is such a useless word in the context of games. It usually means the game includes gimmicks - shiny new things to obsess over.

Almost every time people talk about the gameplay of an 'innovative' game, it's in reference to the innovation, not the actual game. The quality of the gameplay basics is not discussed, and it's probably because it's mediocre. Obviously, as a result of that mediocrity, innovative games don't sell as well as games that stick to improving the basics.

People scream they want innovation, but the sales say otherwise. I think they want a *revolution*.
A revolution in the sense that they want better storytelling. Better characters. Improved gameplay. They want games to try less to be movies and more to be games. But perhaps most of all, they want *new* stories, characters, and gameplay. No reboots of old series, just brand new games.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Why on earth would you want a 9 year old using a gun? I've heard of it in other countries where kids need to survive, why does it need to happen in a first world country?! I know that everyone has a right to bear arms, but a nine year old?! America should take a look at itself and sort it's own problems out before 'policing the world'.

(Sorry Americans. That was needed).

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well basically what i do is when my mother, and aunts (My mother's sisters) want grocery, watch over their houses when they travel, Want to pick something from one house and bring it to another house, or bring a Plumber or Electrician to fix something in their houses. They come to me.
It's nice to still hear of people helping out family. These days I see to much of every person doing it for themselves instead of helping out.

KRSkull

It's nice to still hear of people helping out family. These days I see to much of every person doing it for themselves instead of helping out.

"You do what you have to do for family" that is the Unspoken Rule

Why on earth would you want a 9 year old using a gun? I've heard of it in other countries where kids need to survive, why does it need to happen in a first world country?! I know that everyone has a right to bear arms, but a nine year old?! America should take a look at itself and sort it's own problems out before 'policing the world'.

I totally agree with you about that. People with guns will only bring death to each other. and once someones blood is spilled the revenge cycle will start to spin.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sweet, so you're basically 'The Man of the House(s)'. Why would anyone look down on that? I have to practically beg the man of our house to fix something and then often, I end up doing it because he's too sulky and de-man-ised because I needed to ask him to do it in the first place. Oi.

I think the main problem that people are deliberately ignoring is that the act of killing is being made to look cool. Want 15 seconds of fame? Post a video about how you're prepping to kill a bunch of innocent people for no reason other than 'I CAN'. Want to feign power? Threaten the lives of hundreds of school kids by calling in a bomb threat.
Kids are taking guns and knives to schools, because THEY CAN. Like puberty (and life) isn't tough enough on its own. Give a child a lolipop and he'll be inclined to eat it, because what else can one do with a lolly? Give a child a gun, he'll use it, because that's what it's there for.
And the cruel reality is that, even if they implement martial law, if there are no guns or knives or bombs left? Take a car and run someone over. Use a rock. Use a stick, if you like. Use your body as a weapon. Because you can kill someone else, by any means necessary, because Obama said 'yes we can'.

And it's not just America, even if they are the 'leading country' of the world. Obama came from Kenya. That's in Africa. For anyone who doesn't know, Africa has been a pit of hell long before white/asian folk ever set foot there. They kill, because they can. They steal, because they can. They lie, because they can.

The solution to the problem is fairly easy, but a lot of people don't want it.

KRSkull

Sweet, so you're basically 'The Man of the House(s)'. Why would anyone look down on that?

Because most of the people are blinded by money. They associate jobs with a certain amount of money. If you have a job and you get paid that certain amount or higher then they consider it a "real" job. If you get paid lower than that certain amount they will tell you to grow up and get a real job.

Top Bottom