• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dark Drakan

Admin
Of all the games to arrives 4 days early why did it have to be an online only game!? Destiny was delivered today but I wont be able to touch it until Tuesday as the servers havent gone live yet, the ultimate tease to have it in my possession but not be able to play it. :frown:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Of all the games to arrives 4 days early why did it have to be an online only game!? Destiny was delivered today but I wont be able to touch it until Tuesday as the servers havent gone live yet, the ultimate tease to have it in my possession but not be able to play it. :frown:

Is there no mercy!...:'(

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Worst thing is that I usually have Tuesdays off work too but I will have to work this one. So will have had it in my possession for 4 days unable to touch it and then when everyone else is playing it I will be at work.

That is just THE worse kind of luck.

Try telling work that your ill. Tell 'em you have gameritis. A severe medical condition that involves having to stay at home and game 'til your fingers fall off.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
What counts as, "government interference"?
Well, I was going to go the extreme route and say "everything", but I'll take moderate steps for now.

Little things, like we're not allowed to drink raw milk. We're "discouraged" from going to home school. That we're not allowed to live "off the grid" (our own water supply using "hydroponics/aquaponics" and solar/Tesla atmospheric generators).

Things like that.

If we own our own land, then we shouldn't be forced off of it for any reason if we're not hurting anyone. This surveillance state has to stop. For example, in Australia, they're standing up against the CCTV laws over there:

http://www.no-cctv.org.uk/blog/land...eeks_to_change_law_to_resume_surveillance.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An inspiration to those of us concerned by blanket surveillance

Mr Bonner's tireless campaigning shows that we can fight back against surveillance state measures. Instead of being cowed into inaction by scaremongering media reports which paint the Big Brother State as unstoppable, he fought back. Whilst challenging the Nowra cameras under the PPIP Act Mr Bonner also regularly issued press releases, started a petition against the cameras, wrote letters to the local media and even found time to share his thoughts with campaigners around the world via the International Working Group on Video Surveillance (IWGVS) [4]. All of this whilst working as a farmer.

Mr Bonner is an inspiration to anyone who feels that the ever growing levels of blanket surveillance are just plain wrong. When you see injustice, don't believe you can't do anything about it, and don't wait for someone else to do something about it, get out there and fight it yourself - you'll be surprised how powerful you really are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
That is just THE worse kind of luck.

Try telling work that your ill. Tell 'em you have gameritis. A severe medical condition that involves having to stay at home and game 'til your fingers fall off.

If only but they wouldn't believe I was genuinely ill never mind fake ill. Never had a day off school/college or work in my life ill. :laugh:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Had motorcycle accident & had bike stand stab me in kneecap, tore muscle in my leg & dislocated my shoulder but still went to work next day. So not many illnesses that could keep me down long enough to not get paid. :laugh:

You're like Dante. A few scythes sticking through you, but you still show up for work.

Exejpgwmv

You seem to have a vague definition for the word "interference".
Little things, like we're not allowed to drink raw milk.
I actually agree with that.
If you're an adult, and you want to consume something that will f*ck you up. Then the government should let you. The rest of the populace will have learned after the first couple thousand people have either killed or seriously disabled/injured themselves.

We're "discouraged" from going to home school.
By society.
Afterall, I don't remember any significant or recent government funded campaigns against home schooling.

That we're not allowed to live "off the grid".
You're not just living "off the grid". You're living on the governments land for free. Technically, all of US territory, is owned by the US government.
But: If you want to move out of America, then just settle down and live in the middle of nowhere(Effectively off the grid), then no one's going to stop you.

If we own our own land, then we shouldn't be forced off of it for any reason if we're not hurting anyone.
What do you mean by "own"?

This surveillance state has to stop.
Nice opinion, I suppose? o_O

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You're not just living "off the grid". You're living on the governments land for free. Technically, all of US territory, is owned by the US government.
You mean the government that is meant to be for the people, by the people, who wouldn't function nor exist if it weren't for the people? That technically means all US territory is FOR the US populace. They can't point at a piece of land and say 'you can't live there because it's not for lease/not for sale/we own it', because you can say 'this is my homeland, I can live where I please as I please'. Fairly sure if you go fish through the laws, you can find one suitable to drag government to court for breaching a personal right of sorts.

Boycott the government. They will get nowhere without the people.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Boycott the government. They will get nowhere without the people.

Oh. My. God. This.

A standing ovation for this person here.

MnhGdhA.gif

http://i.imgur.com/MnhGdhA.gif

Also, raw milk won't 'eff you up' if you drink from the right source.

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

http://www.anh-usa.org/healthy-milk-what-is-it/

"The very healthiest milk would therefore be raw, grass-fed, organic, and from a cow that is only milked for the first six months after giving birth (which would include the first four months of a new pregnancy).

Why can’t we get milk that even remotely resembles this ideal?

It’s because federal regulatory policy, controlled by special interests like the dairy industry, is making our milk even more unhealthy—and shackling consumer choice."

Pasteurized milk, on the other hand...

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

One study compared diet and cancer rates in 42 counties. It showed that milk and cheese consumption are strongly correlated to the incidence of testicular cancer among men ages 20 to 39. Rates were highest in places like Switzerland and Denmark, where cheese is a national food, and lowest in Algeria and other countries where dairy is not so widely consumed.

Cancer rates linked to dairy can change quickly, said Ganmaa. In the past 50 years in Japan, she said, rising rates of dairy consumption are linked with rising death rates from prostate cancer - from near zero per 100,000 five decades ago to 7 per 100,000 today.

Butter, meat, eggs, milk, and cheese are implicated in higher rates of hormone-dependent cancers in general, she said. Breast cancer has been linked particularly to consumption of milk and cheese.

In another study, rats fed milk show a higher incidence of cancer and develop a higher number of tumors than those who drank water, said Ganmaa.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/03/26/pasteurized-milk-part-one.aspx

You mean the government that is meant to be for the people, by the people, who wouldn't function nor exist if it weren't for the people?
Which is why they're making so there'll no longer be a "people" anymore...

http://www.utne.com/science-and-technology/will-robots-replace-humans-zm0z13sozlin.aspx

http://www.extremetech.com/electron...ce-its-human-workers-with-thousands-of-robots

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

You mean the government that is meant to be for the people, by the people
Sorry, but that doesn't mean you can do you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you're not hurting someone.(You can't throw a party on the White House lawn, then tell the guards you can't be forcibly removed because, "The government works for the people".)

All it means is that, as a citizens, we have certain undeniable rights at birth and that we have sway in political and economic matters.

Exejpgwmv

Jesus christ dude :facepalm:
That's the classic correlation without causation. It's the reason why people thought vaccines caused autism simply because autism rates happened to be up when kids got vaccinated.

Cancer caused by milk of any kind is not a prevalent cause. It's mostly caused by these: http://www.medicinenet.com/cancer_causes/article.htm

Which is why they're making so there'll no longer be a "people" anymore...
1)That's just economical progress(Like when horses were replaced with cars.).
Not some nefarious government plot to erase "people".
2)No, the government and businesses still need consumers. So no, there will still be a "people".

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

It's not me saying that; it was a Harvard study. Don't shoot the messenger.
You presented it as evidence as if it was proof that non-raw milk was dangerous. So of course I'm going to point out a problem with the study.

And I'm not blaming you for the study, just making a point.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
1)That's just economical progress(Like when horses were replaced with cars.).
Not some nefarious government plot to erase "people".
2)No, the government and businesses still need consumers. So no, there will still be a "people".
Tell that to the people who'll lose their jobs over things like this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/3d-printed-houses-are-here-2014-9

Yeah, there'll still be "consumers" but they'll only be the .001% -- everyone else will be considered "expendable".

But what do I know, right? I'm just a panic-inducing fearmonger.

Top Bottom