• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Predator 2018

berto

I Saw the Devil
The City Hunter? Oh you son of a bitch, you know how to touch my heart.
giphy.gif

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Apparently this is gonna be an "event film". Shane Black talked a bit about the film and how he got on board the project to Matt Patches at Thrillist and said:

"They called me and I was reluctant. I said, “Look. You guys at Fox, I mean, I enjoy these movies, but we’ve been churning out these AVP whatever, they each cost a certain amount of money, they’re okay, but there’s no effort to elevate them or make them any kind of an event.” They’re just sort of another Predator. “Oh, there’s another one that came out.” They said, “What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also? We really want to make this something. The kind of movie that people line up for.” I said, “Really, you’ll spend a bunch of money?” They go, “Yep.” I go, “Make it really scale, spectacle?” “Yep.” “****, that sounds interesting.""

He also said Arnold's role in the movie is "still in talks".

https://www.thrillist.com/entertain...hane-black-on-ryan-gosling-and-russell-crowe/

Well, glad to see that they're stepping up their game as opposed to how they did it with Predators, which had a relatively small budget and scale. Good news, good news.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Shane Black says the Predator costume design will get an upgrade for the new film
Director Shane Black (Iron Man 3, Lethal Weapon) and his The Monster Squad co-writer Fred Dekker have been working on an “inventive sequel” to 20th Century Fox’s Predator since 2014, turning in the script late last year and revealing a teaser image in February. Now Black is on the campaign trail for his brilliant new detective movie The Nice Guys, and we got to ask him if he plans to change Stan Winston‘s iconic Predator costume design for his film, now titled The Predator.

“It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make it fun, make it different, make it organically different,” Black told us of his plans for the Predator costume. “So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell. There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is. Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In ‘The Predator’ we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae.”

During the same junket, Black revealed to JoBlo that filming will begin on The Predator either this September or October for a March 2, 2018 release.

Details on the film are still under wraps but producer John Davis previously said: “The writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I’m telling you, you’re going to get something you don’t expect and you’re going to say, ‘This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.’”

The original Predator was directed by John McTiernan and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of a United States special forces team that comes under attack from an alien entity that prizes the thrill of the hunt above all else. It was followed by a direct sequel, Predator 2, in 1990 before crossing over with Fox’s Alien franchise for two additional sequels, Alien vs. Predator and AvP: Requiem. In 2010, Nimrod Antal helmed a reboot with a new feature, Predators.

Black is no stranger to the Predator franchise, having starred in the original film as Hawkins after having been brought on to help rework the 1987 film. He will direct the film from Dekker’s script, the story for which the pair created together.

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/374007-exclusive-predator-costume#Iyu25ISjh0ZOPRbt.99

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've always loved the first Predator film, it's my favourite one. I did enjoy Predator 2, not going to lie. I wasn't so keen on the AvP movies, and I liked Predators (though still not as much as Predator and Predator 2), but still more than AvP.

I've got a feeling this is going to be interesting. I'm quite excited to see what they do. I've been waiting for a new Predator movie that feels more like the original but reinvented, and this is exactly that. I reckon it's going to be good.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wasn't overly hyped by the new trailer but I have no doubt as an alien and a predator fan, I will love this movie.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I was reading all the discussions about Aliens vs Predator stuff. I watched both films, and I also understand from what I've experienced is that Predator films have more "clout" than the Alien films. The alien film fell off the cliff after 3, after that... it just got stupid. Alien, Aliens, Super Alien, Super, Duper, mutant ****ing Aliens. It just got messy. Predator is a little more simpler than the "Aliens" franchise. So, they went backwards to make a prequel (Prometheus) to "make up" for the mess that the directors made for the franchise. It would have been better if the Alien franchise would just go the Friday the 13th route, where Aliens progressed into better and more nastier versions of the original Alien, but instead, they tried to make the story more "robust" but what they really did, is complicate the series, so that's why reviews declined as years passed.

In my opinion, I prefer Predator over Alien, because of the lore being a little simpler. With Predator, you have two species that are battling for supremacy, while Alien(s) just don't really have a story, they just made the story up as they go along. I mean a mother alien that's twice the size of the original alien(s), I mean, what the ****?

The original 3 Alien films are better than the abominations that followed. Predator and Predator 2 are better than any reboot or prequel that followed. I actually liked Predator 2 despite the whole "monster invades modern city" and I also liked the story. You chase after Predator, battle against Predator, and earn the respect of the Predators. To me, that's how you bring Predator to modern times. The sales for the film reflect this. Fans loved the film regardless of how dumb it sounds to some people. The original Predator is better because of how genuine the story is.

If this new imagination of Predator is better than any of the films that was released in the franchise, I'll put it into the original 2.

And the thing is, more film studios are doing this. For example, the next Terminator film doesn't even recognize Genisys.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That last trailer had a few cool things that got me excited but I can't shake the feeling that it's looking like they're just milking a dead cow at this point.

I'm gonna go in expecting nothing more than a fun popcorn movie like I did with Predators, I guess.

Top Bottom