• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The difference between DMC's humans and DmC's humans

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So in another thread there was a discussion on the usefulness of Kat compared to Lady, and the females of DMC vs DmC.
In that discussion there came a small exchange of the usefulness of Kat compared to Lady in that Lady was able to do all sorts of abilities that allowed her to shoot guns, be extremely acrobatic, and pull off most moves that would be impossible for a human being of our existence.
Meanwhile, Kat doesn't fight physically, but uses her knowledge of magic and the occult to create portals in and out of Limbo, manipulate Limbo, leave her own body to scope out areas, and make plans for Dante and Vergil during the final attack on Mundus.
There is a clear difference in abilities for both girls who have their strengths in different directions. Lady is the aggressive fighter who physically battles demons, while Kat is the "behind the shadows" type of fighter who uses her mentality in the occult to battle demons with Dante.
Now the difference in why Lady can fight so well, but Kat can't is that both come from different universes of different sets of rules. In DMC3, using a rocket launcher to push yourself up into the air is a breeze, but in DmC, it would probably kill her. Humans in DmC are restricted to the physical abilities of any normal human, while humans in DMC can have much more abilities if you look at Lady.
It all comes down to different universes with different rules to be set.

Anything to add to this?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There's definitely a difference in their universes yeah.

However she said she did manage to kill her demon foster father on her own, and that Vergil taught her how to face demons (figuratively and literally, she says), so I think there was room for her to be depicted as something a bit more than a portal creator.

This should be in Devil May Cry General Discussion btw.

DragonMaster2010

There's definitely a difference in their universes yeah.

However she said she did manage to kill her demon foster father on her own, and that Vergil taught her how to face demons (figuratively and literally, she says), so I think there was room for her to be depicted as something a bit more than a portal creator.

This should be in Devil May Cry General Discussion btw.

It was probably like Mundus who possessed someone through a human body, and Vergil trapped it in its own human body.
As Kat has shown, there are other ways to kill demons besides Dante's method by being in Limbo. She probably could do more with proper training and more studying. She's only had probably half a year's worth of training in the magic field and doesn't have everything down pack. But she has learned enough that it turned the tide.

I think of her like John Constantine (I know, he's all I ever talk about) She's not a physical fighter and would get her ass kicked in a regular fight just like John does 24/7, however what she lacks in brawn, she makes up for in her knowledge of the occult and the help of Dante and Vergil to help her through it all.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It was probably like Mundus who possessed someone through a human body, and Vergil trapped it in its own human body.
As Kat has shown, there are other ways to kill demons besides Dante's method by being in Limbo.

But demons can only be killed in Limbo, right? Mundus was exception cause he drew power from the Hell Gate so as Vergil says, in his case, if they kill his human body, they kill the demon too once the Gate is shut.

That leads me to think that when it comes to the other demons, if you kill their human vessels you don't kill them completely (unless the Hell Gate affects every demon and not only Mundus). So Kat had to kill her foster father in his demon form. Hence, she should be capable of kill demons.

DragonMaster2010

But demons can only be killed in Limbo, right? Mundus was exception cause he drew power from the Hell Gate so as Vergil says, in his case, if they kill his human body, they kill the demon too once the Gate is shut.

That leads me to think that when it comes to the other demons, if you kill their human vessels you don't kill them completely (unless the Hell Gate affects every demon and not only Mundus). So Kat had to kill her foster father in his demon form. Hence, she should be capable of kill demons.

Well Dante killed Barbas in his human body so I think it can be the same for some demons.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
They both have their own skill set. That's how I choose to look at it.

Lady's the type of girl I'd want to have my back in a straight up fight more so.

However, Kat her abilities are effective in gathering intelligence, and she can open portals to limbo. Now that limbo has collapsed into the real world, this may seem kinda useless now. However, beyond being able to wander limbo and spirit form, and open portals. We know her molotov made the hunter demon vulnerable, so what else can she do? I don't really know, just saying she might have some skills that we are unaware of

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
uhh honestly that molotov stuff was completely off …
You know why middle-ranked demon like Hunter need to be hit with molotov, but higher ranks like Bob, get killed by simple bullet, despite bullets didn't do a **** to Hunter

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You know, you raised a question now. Now that there's no Limbo anymore, what's a psychic for?

Maybe Dante will teach her how to fight? Even though it seems Vergil did it before...?
True, but like I said. For a we know she could be capable of other spells

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
but apparently none that would help her defend in real world, since we saw she was unable to defend herself from single specops guy during attack on HQ
I wasn't talking combat per-say, as I said in my first post. In a straight up fight, I'd rather have Lady watch my back.

@Foxtrot94
Didn't have the opportunity *Shrugs*

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I wasn't talking combat per-say, as I said in my first post. In a straight up fight, I'd rather have Lady watch my back.
neither am I. For example it could have been something as telekinesis. But apparently she isn't capable of it, because it was enough to drop one of those servers on his head.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

uhh honestly that molotov stuff was completely off …
You know why middle-ranked demon like Hunter need to be hit with molotov, but higher ranks like Bob, get killed by simple bullet, despite bullets didn't do a **** to Hunter
The Hunter demon was in his natural form, while Bob was in his human meat suit.

Top Bottom