• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The difference between DMC's humans and DmC's humans

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Director Bison
Why you say there's nothing in the game that indicates Dante's aging process? I addressed that earlier. His physical appearance changes through the years to match the stage of life he's in. Looks obvious to me that he ages like a human. Kamiya's statement supports it too. If anything, there's nothing in the games (as far as I know) that supports the opposite.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
you are right there is nothing in the Games themselves
but a little while ago i tweeted Kamiya about how Dante ages and got this response

so what i get from this is if Dante were to stay in devil trigger he would be "almost unaging"
but if he remains in his human form he will age normally

now i get this is from someone who will most likely never work on DMC again
and Capcom can easily change the story since as you said "it's not in the games"

but i think this is the closest thing to a definitive answer that we have
so take this info with as much salt as you like

i also think its really cool that kamiya didn't bock me

Some information is better than none, i guess haha. Cool from Kamiya to answer this kind of question about an old series he worked on, i bet he still has some love for the DMC series.

By the way, if we take this information into account, we can safely assume that at least until the events of DMC3, Dante aged like a normal person; but he ~can~ be immortal, if he wishes to.

But what i find curious about this statement (and about the DMC-verse in general, to be honest) is that Dante doesn't seen to have "demonic form" of its own (mainly in DMC1, in DMC3 i think it's possible that we assume that the form he takes when he carries Rebellion is his "true form", because Reb is the "physical manifestation of Dante's power"), i mean, do you remember how he had diferent forms depending on the weapon he was equipped? There's nothing to do with the topic, but i always had a "theory" that one of the main powers of the Sparda's lineage is exactly be capable to manipulate power that comes from other demons; in the majority of the games of the franchise, except 4, Dante's takes demonic forms accordingly to the weapon he's equipped at the moment, this is very curious, i would say.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Having watched a lot of anime like Highschool DxD recently, I really thought back to this aspect of the games in comparison to the reboot.
One thing that is separate about the humans of these worlds is the same aspect that separates the demons.
Notably, the lack of reference to religion when it comes to the respective demons.
Keep in mind, in DMC, there is no mistaking the implications, the demons make themselves known as monsters of legend. The few who encounter them are roped into a world of supernatural events and entities beyond their understanding. Hence why a character like Lady would push herself beyond her limits to be able to survive that world.
Meanwhile, in DmC, the demons have an entirely different modus operandi. Hell, they were mostly inspired by 'They Live'. So when they would be revealed to humans, the vibe the human would get is less 'Oh my god I'm looking at the very monsters I read about in church/mythology class/ whatever.'
and it would be more 'Oh my god these guys are using psychological manipulation to run the world like a game of chess and we are all the pawns.'
So someone like Kat would train their willpower and awareness to avoid falling right back into that kind of trap.

When you consider the circumstances of what they've stumbled upon. It would make sense that they would adapt to the different situations in different ways.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Having watched a lot of anime like Highschool DxD recently, I really thought back to this aspect of the games in comparison to the reboot.
One thing that is separate about the humans of these worlds is the same aspect that separates the demons.
Notably, the lack of reference to religion when it comes to the respective demons.
Keep in mind, in DMC, there is no mistaking the implications, the demons make themselves known as monsters of legend. The few who encounter them are roped into a world of supernatural events and entities beyond their understanding. Hence why a character like Lady would push herself beyond her limits to be able to survive that world.
Meanwhile, in DmC, the demons have an entirely different modus operandi. Hell, they were mostly inspired by 'They Live'. So when they would be revealed to humans, the vibe the human would get is less 'Oh my god I'm looking at the very monsters I read about in church/mythology class/ whatever.'
and it would be more 'Oh my god these guys are using psychological manipulation to run the world like a game of chess and we are all the pawns.'
So someone like Kat would train their willpower and awareness to avoid falling right back into that kind of trap.

When you consider the circumstances of what they've stumbled upon. It would make sense that they would adapt to the different situations in different ways.
This is quite the step up post from the Mrrandomlulz I knew.

Top Bottom