• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Startling Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Alright, then. I'm gonna leave this open for now but consider this a second warning on behaviour here. There probably won't be a third so to everyone here, if you don't agree with someone it doesn't mean you should start attacking them. Discussion have to stay civil and if you don't think you can there is an ignore function in the forum and there are other discussions going on.

The Final Offer

My take on it.

Weapon Adaptation:
-DmC Dante: Instantly. Becomes natural once acquired.
-DMC 3 Dante: Practice needed first.

Durability:
-DmC Dante: Once able-> Instantly, no matter the element.
-DMC 3 Dante: Once able->Instantly to 10 seconds depending on element.

Speed: Matched.
Strength: DmC Dante.
DT Strength: DmC Dante..
DT Speed: Matched.
DT Power: DmC Dante.
DT Regeneration: Matched.

Heritage Advantage: DmC Dante -> Nephilim aka "I can do more than you." aka "I expose demons weaknesses on a daily basis. What makes you any different?" aka "I'm not affected by what you're affected by."

Automated Stylishness in combat: DMC 3 Dante.
Stylishness in cutscenes: DMC 3 Dante.
Player Stylishness in combat: DmC Dante.
Overall character pre adventure: DmC Dante.
Overall character post adventure: DmC Dante.
Best to party with: DmC Dante.
Best to party without: DMC 3 Dante.
Corniness: DMC 3 Dante.
Womanizer: DmC Dante.
Best to have your back: DmC Dante.
Best to recognize your efforts: DmC Dante.
Best to not **** off: DmC Dante.
Best choice for best man: DmC Dante.
Best choice to invite to a gambling table: DMC 3 Dante.
Best to play as: DmC Dante.​

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
My take on it.

Weapon Adaptation:
-DmC Dante: Instantly. Becomes natural once acquired.
-DMC 3 Dante: Practice needed first.

Durability:
-DmC Dante: Once able-> Instantly, no matter the element.
-DMC 3 Dante: Once able->Instantly to 10 seconds depending on element.

Speed: Matched.
Strength: DmC Dante.
DT Strength: DmC Dante..
DT Speed: Matched.
DT Power: DmC Dante.
DT Regeneration: Matched.

Heritage Advantage: DmC Dante -> Nephilim aka "I can do more than you." aka "I expose demons weaknesses on a daily basis. What makes you any different?" aka "I'm not affected by what you're affected by."

Automated Stylishness in combat: DMC 3 Dante.
Stylishness in cutscenes: DMC 3 Dante.
Player Stylishness in combat: DmC Dante.
Overall character pre adventure: DmC Dante.
Overall character post adventure: DmC Dante.
Best to party with: DmC Dante.
Best to party without: DMC 3 Dante.
Corniness: DMC 3 Dante.
Womanizer: DmC Dante.
Best to have your back: DmC Dante.
Best to recognize your efforts: DmC Dante.
Best to not **** off: DmC Dante.
Best choice for best man: DmC Dante.
Best choice to invite to a gambling table: DMC 3 Dante.​
I don't know what this is about, but since nobody is telling anyone else to crawl down their own throat and die, I think I'm okay with it

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I think this is somewhat on-topic:

It explains (albeit in a different language) the strengths and weaknesses of DMC3 Dante.

Guys, keep calm and don't let this rile you up. It's just a vid, and I don't think anyone want this thread closed.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600

It explains (albeit in a different language) the strengths and weaknesses of DMC3 Dante.

Guys, keep calm and don't let this rile you up. It's just a vid, and I don't think anyone want this thread closed.
I don't understand enough of the words in that video for it to rile me up one way or the other. Thank you for trying to save the thread, but I don't have high hopes for that unless certain people can bury the hatchet

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

If you put Kratos in account, nDante probably be dead in first few seconds of the fight, since Kratos has about as much strength as nMundus, so he probably rip nDante's chest with his bare hands, just like Mundus wanted to do it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Gotta clarify that oDante doesn't need "practice" with weapons. Those showoffs he does after acquiring them are not because he need training, it's just for the sake of coolness. In fact, for what we see in the games, oDante can actually do more impressive things with his weapons than reDante.

And the facts talk: DMC3 Dante's got the upper hand on durability and regen capacity.

The Final Offer

Gotta clarify that oDante doesn't need "practice" with weapons. Those showoffs he does after acquiring them are not because he need training, it's just for the sake of coolness. In fact, for what we see in the games, oDante can actually do more impressive things with his weapons than reDante.

And the facts talk: DMC3 Dante's got the upper hand on durability and regen capacity.

Uh huh. How about oDante's durability? Getting sliced up by Vergil then getting his butt handed to him by Jester is enough to say that he isn't any competition in the durability department. If you need to know more, how about Vergil not being able to handle Mundus after fighting Dante? How about we include stamina into the mix?

What about oDante attacking Vergil with guns and then blocking the bullets as if they could harm him severely? How about the effect Lady's bullet had on him when she shot him in the head? While we have DmC Dante running INTO bullets HULK style.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
let's talk about how nDante was almost poked to the dead with fingers. IF not for nVergil, Dante would have been one-hit killed even before battle started.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Uh huh. How about oDante's durability? Getting sliced up by Vergil then getting his butt handed to him by Jester is enough to say that he isn't any competition in the durability department. If you need to know more, how about Vergil not being able to handle Mundus after fighting Dante? How about we include stamina into the mix?

Go to page 4 for that, I made a list of the times they got injured in their games. You'll find out that oDante is able to sustain much more serious injuries without feeling pain and/or serious physical consequences, compared to reDante.
Just face it, on the durability and (above all) regen field, there's no contest.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Go to page 4 for that, I made a list of the times they got injured in their games. You'll find out that oDante is able to sustain much more serious injuries without feeling pain and/or serious physical consequences, compared to reDante.
Just face it, on the durability and (above all) regen field, there's no contest.

You see, what you're missing is the factor of stamina and the factor of elements. DMC Dante is not capable of having his demon side's weakness exposed. Making him completely subjective to angelic weaponry. Therefore, that's an entire element that can dispose of DMC Dante. Though, in game, he uses holy water, outside of the game we don't know how he'd endure a holy weapon. All DMC Dante has ever dealt with is demonic and the natural elements. You have to insert that into the mix. Just like you've inserted the endurance battle with realistic Dante vs Anime Dante.

So just face it, stamina is not a problem for DmC Dante and therefore, if it came down to a fight between the two, DmC Dante would be the only one capable of continuing the fight after a few minutes. So, durability is barely relevant when the body is stressed from constant attacks from a more powerful being.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You see, what you're missing is the factor of stamina and the factor of elements. DMC Dante is not capable of having his demon side's weakness exposed. Making him completely subjective to angelic weaponry. Therefore, that's an entire element that can dispose of DMC Dante. Though, in game, he uses holy water, outside of the game we don't know how he'd endure a holy weapon. All DMC Dante has ever dealt with is demonic and the natural elements. You have to insert that into the mix. Just like you've inserted the endurance battle with realistic Dante vs Anime Dante.

So just face it, stamina is not a problem for DmC Dante and therefore, if it came down to a fight between the two, DmC Dante would be the only one capable of continuing the fight after a few minutes. So, durability is barely relevant when the body is stressed from constant attacks from a more powerful being.

All that angelic point you made is pure speculation, as you admitted (also, I remember I used Holy Water against Dante in DMC4 and it didn't work, so...), also somewhat flawed since Dante can use Holy Water without any harm.
As I said, I base my conclusion on the facts the games show us, not speculations. Those facts say that DMC3 Dante is more gifted in durability and regeneration. Nothing we can say or speculate can change that. DmC Dante visibly suffers from finger piercing. DMC3 Dante must sustain more than that, in order to suffer and be harmed. Period.

Point about durability and regen, and "defensive" capacities solved. We need to move on to the other factor TerrorA took into account: strength.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

All that angelic point you made is pure speculation, as you admitted (also, I remember I used Holy Water against Dante in DMC4 and it didn't work, so...), also somewhat flawed since Dante can use Holy Water without any harm.
As I said, I base my conclusion on the facts the games show us, not speculations. Those facts say that DMC3 Dante is more gifted in durability and regeneration. Nothing we can say or speculate can change that. DmC Dante visibly suffers from finger piercing. DMC3 Dante must sustain more than that, in order to suffer and be harmed. Period.

Point about durability and regen, and "defensive" capacities solved. We need to move on to the other factor TerrorA took into account: strength.

You're joking right? You're aware that in those pictures of DmC Dante, it's when he was growing up. So YOU DON'T KNOW if his pain tolerance increased significantly or not over time. Also, DMC 3 Dante got shot in the head and literally lost all of his muscle control. DmC Dante, as I said, RAN at the bullets and didn't flinch AT ALL!

Their regeneration is not the same. DmC Dante heals slightly faster than DMC 3 Dante and as I've said before, it depends on the element with DMC 3 Dante.

"Wound - stab in the belly
Object causing the injury - Yamato
Physical state - in pain, seriously weakened, serious blood loss
Regen rate - slow (once on the ground, he still spills blood, staining the floor)

Wound - repeated cut wounds
Object causing the injury - Yamato
Physical state - visibly tired and weakened, but not in a critical state, some blood loss
Regen rate - normal/slow (he doesn't seem able to recover in seconds this time, it takes some time)

Wound - face smash
Object causing the injury - Jester's feet (drop kick)
Physical state - KO
Regen rate - fast (his face looks perfectly fine just seconds later)

To me, it seems that DMC3 Dante has more durability, since apparently he's able to sustain bigger damage compared to DmC Dante without feeling pain.
Also, he seems to possess faster regen rate, as DmC Dante's healing factor is fast, yes, but not instantaeous. "-Foxtrot

Your words, not mine.

How are you going to have a conclusion that DMC 3 Dante has a better regeneration than DmC Dante? There were several times DMC 3 Dante took AGES to recover. Whilst, with DmC Dante, he ATE his bullets from in front and from behind, surprise or not. He recovered instantly from SIX of Mundus's attacks. Did you mention these?

Mundus Shockwave, tackle, slam, slam, slow piercing, and Omega Mundus slam.

How about Vergil?

Vergil palm and he's not even affected by the entirety of the fight vs VERGIL and Yamato. Actually, Dante seems to have gotten stronger fighting someone of Vergil's rank without having to endure insane amounts of pain. It's highly unlikely that this is speculation as Phineas said WHILE LOOKING AT THE WHITE IN DANTE'S HAIR "You have yet to discover your full potential."

So, with that being said, there's a chance DmC Dante could become even more stronger fighting Nephilim. Rather than just getting a weapon from a demon.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
just out of curiousity how does your head reeling back from a point blank bullet your not expecting being shot at it mean loss of muscle control?, his head reeled back from the force of the shot and a second later he looked down and mouthed off at lady.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
just out of curiousity how does your head reeling back from a point blank bullet your not expecting being shot at it mean loss of muscle control?,.

OMG THIS^^^

You beat me to it but I was thinking the same thing, didn't seem to faze him at all, can't see where the losing muscle control part came from...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm sorry, did he not DROP HER the moment he got shot?

As he pointed out that was most likely due to him being surprised and caught off guard, who here can say they have never dropped something after being caught of guard/surprised?

Nothing pointed to "losing muscle control" if you ask me since he shrugged it off moments later and regenerated.

OMG THIS^^^

I beat you to the shocking moment.

OMG read the glorious post below yours.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom