• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Startling Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So I did. OK, 3Dante seems to have better pain tolerance, but reDante seems to be able to take more punishment and stay conscious. So durability is kind of a mixed bag for the two.

Well, actually reDante didn't suffer the same amount of punishment DMC3 Dante did. So, of course he stayed conscious xD
Even though he was about to faint (and most likely die) when Mundus grabbed him.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Well, actually reDante didn't suffer the same amount of punishment DMC3 Dante did. So, of course he stayed conscious xD
Even though he was about to faint (and most likely die) when Mundus grabbed him.

But, when he was slammed from the top floor of the tower to the roof far below, He was seen getting up from it, when the same kind of blow (from Beowulf) had given 3Dante pause (as you mentioned, he was momentarily stunned)

And when Skyscraper Mundus smashed him into a building, he was fine for the first hit (the blow that knocked him away), stunned after hitting the side of the building, and gets right up after he and Vergil crashed through the window (getting right up)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Okay, so let's assume everything you're saying is absolutely true, and examine the best case scenario of your argument.

New dante:
- whined about how much society hates him once
- complained about wanting to avoid society once, but it doesn't really count because context and body language that you don't seem willing to expand on
- only hurt himself once

Old dante:
- did all of these things zero times

1 > 0, and that's if we cede every one of your points just now to you. Man that was easy, got anything else?
For someone who talks a lot, you sure as hell say a whole lot of nothing.

I'll just let you stir in your own pile of nonsensical ignorance as multiple people here, including myself, have proved your arguments are just flat out wrong.

The rest of us have actually played it, like all the other Devil May Cry games. You're talking like you haven't, let alone even watched the cutscenes on Youtube or something. And if you did even just do that, well I'm surprised understanding such a fairly simple and straightforward plot is so difficult for some.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But, when he was slammed from the top floor of the tower to the roof far below, He was seen getting up from it, when the same kind of blow (from Beowulf) had given 3Dante pause (as you mentioned, he was momentarily stunned)

No he wasn't getting up at all, Mundus threw him to the edge of the building.
reDante sustained lighter wounds than oDante, and suffered more than oDante for them.
So, no contest between the two on that field to me.

TerrorA

No he wasn't getting up at all, Mundus threw him to the edge of the building.
reDante sustained lighter wounds than oDante, and suffered more than oDante for them.
So, no contest between the two on that field to me.

You are right, he does get immediately slammed back up, but he still goes through a wall and recovers from the energy pulse of Mundus rather quickly. And note, you can see the wound heal as soon as Mundus' fingers are removed from the wound

And at 14:03 He uppercuts Mundus bare handed, snapping Mundus' head back and getting him to take a step back (The barehanded punch I mentioned earlier)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, I can only base my conclusion on the facts I see from the games, that I listed earlier.
And the facts are that durability wise, oDante can sustain higher punishment with waaay less pain and physical consequences. Regen wise, oDante's healing factor is instantaneous, while reDante's is not, although very fast. Therefore those points go to DMC3 Dante.

Strength wise, I can agree that reDante might actually be superior. To DMC3 Dante, that is.

TerrorA

Well, I can only base my conclusion on the facts I see from the games, that I listed earlier.
And the facts are that durability wise, oDante can sustain higher punishment with waaay less pain and physical consequences. Regen wise, oDante's healing factor is instantaneous, while reDante's is not, although very fast. Therefore those points go to DMC3 Dante.

Strength wise, I can agree that reDante might actually be superior. To DMC3 Dante, that is.

OK, I can accept that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I'll just let you stir in your own pile of nonsensical ignorance as multiple people here, including myself, have proved your arguments are just flat out wrong.

The rest of us have actually played it, like all the other Devil May Cry games. You're talking like you haven't, let alone even watched the cutscenes on Youtube or something. And if you did even just do that, well I'm surprised understanding such a fairly simple and straightforward plot is so difficult for some.

Same. I'm so done with him. -_-

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
"Look at you. Making a big entrance and stealing my spotlight."
which only says that dante loves the spotlight, and are you arguing that he doesn't? Nothing in here says he's stopped caring about humanity or his father. This quote doesn't conflict with his actions at all, do you even know what it is you're trying to argue or are you just digging up any quote that sounds vaguely fun?

"Well, let's wrap up this crazy party shall we? Gotta clean up the mess father left behind" (basically him caring about his father even though he said he didn't)
which happens after his change of heart because of that dramatic encounter with Lady. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that event about 4 times now, and the effect it had on dante's opinions on humanity and family. How many more times do I have to remind you that that happened, and when it happened?

No seriously, if your next post can be answered with "it happened before/after lady changed his mind" then we're done, because once the replies hit the point of just copy/pasting previous replies to someone who was never reading them in the first place, that's when it's time to give up on them.

Sorry chancey, but I've seen you post long enough to see through your routine. If you've actually got a point on whoever you're arguing with, you'll go for 30 or more pages back and forth, or until a mod shuts you down. Winning isn't something you're used to, so you don't stop when you feel like you are, and you'll rub in your victory for as long as you keep getting replies. I've personally seen you do this dozens of times, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here

On the other hand, when you get frustrated because you've got nothing left to defend your crappy argument, that's when I start to see you making posts exactly like the on you just made. "I already won this argument, and my time is too important to keep going, so I refuse to respond to you anymore!"

Your act isn't as convincing as you think. In fact, it's about as transparent as DmC dante's brooding loner act

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Sorry chancey, but I've seen you post long enough to see through your routine. If you've actually got a point on whoever you're arguing with, you'll go for 30 or more pages back and forth, or until a mod shuts you down. Winning isn't something you're used to, so you don't stop when you feel like you are, and you'll rub in your victory for as long as you keep getting replies. I've personally seen you do this dozens of times, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here

On the other hand, when you get frustrated because you've got nothing left to defend your crappy argument, that's when I start to see you making posts exactly like the on you just made. "I already won this argument, and my time is too important to keep going, so I refuse to respond to you anymore!"

Your act isn't as convincing as you think. In fact, it's about as transparent as DmC dante's brooding loner act
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how right I am.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
which only says that dante loves the spotlight, and are you arguing that he doesn't? Nothing in here says he's stopped caring about humanity or his father. This quote doesn't conflict with his actions at all, do you even know what it is you're trying to argue or are you just digging up any quote that sounds vaguely fun?

which happens after his change of heart because of that dramatic encounter with Lady. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that event about 4 times now, and the effect it had on dante's opinions on humanity and family. How many more times do I have to remind you that that happened, and when it happened?

No seriously, if your next post can be answered with "it happened before/after lady changed his mind" then we're done, because once the replies hit the point of just copy/pasting previous replies to someone who was never reading them in the first place, that's when it's time to give up on them.

Dude I already said we were done. Stop trying to start something and let it go.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is there any chance of saving the topic or are we closing shop?

I'm really asking so if ya'll think you can keep going without biting I'll let it stay, but if no one here thinks there is any hope for this thread we can close it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom