• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Startling Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
DmC Dante has more strength and Durability feats than DMC3 Dante

DmC Dante got slammed by a Hell King down most of the length of a Skyscraper, into a crater, and was mostly fine until Mudus slammed him and shoved his hands into his chest. He also routinely slammed building sized demons with ease, and even knocking the skyscraper sized Mudus back with one good punch.

DMC3 Dante, on the other hand, could swing a motorcycle like a Nun chuck and crack a stone pillar so that it has a delayed break, but he seems more healing and durability focused

Both can keep up with Vergil, who swats bullets out of the air with contempt

Meg

I always said that DMC3 Dante vs DmC Dante would be a close battle so this isn't much of a stretch to me.

But DMC1 Dante on up would wreck DmC Dante IMO.
Maybe not DMC4 Dante though. He'd probably wouldn't take the fight seriously and just goof off the whole time. And then soundly find himself pounded into the ground unable to get up. :laugh: He would deserve it too. :wink:

Now DMC1 & 2 Dante though. No question. DmC Dante wouldn't stand a chance.

Off Topic:
I do really want to see the DMC3 & DmC Dantes fight together though. They could have a friendly rivalry to see who could make the best (worst?) one liners. Meanwhile, Kat and Lady would be off to the side just face palming. :laugh:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC Dante has more strength and Durability feats than DMC3 Dante

DmC Dante got slammed by a Hell King down most of the length of a Skyscraper, into a crater, and was mostly fine until Mudus slammed him and shoved his hands into his chest. He also routinely slammed building sized demons with ease, and even knocking the skyscraper sized Mudus back with one good punch.

DMC3 Dante, on the other hand, could swing a motorcycle like a Nun chuck and crack a stone pillar so that it has a delayed break, but he seems more healing and durability focused

Both can keep up with Vergil, who swats bullets out of the air with contempt

Building sized demons? Most of those were the size of monster trucks at best. Only Mundus was building sized and even then wasn't as big.

Now Bayonetta, SHE can take down building sized creatures. old and new Dante are weak as **** compared to the feets Bayonetta has pulled and she's still human.

But with durability, I think both are equal if we're using DMC3 Dante and DmC Dante. With DMC3, Dante has survived being punched by Beowulf, punched a boulder with his bare hands, and...um...well that's about it I think.
DmC Dante has been able to punch a giant succubus in the face, punch Mundus's Spawn in the face, punch Mundus himself in the face and did all this without gauntlets.
I don't know whose more durable but in the end durability don't mean **** if you can't dodge a sword in the chest.

TerrorA

Maybe not DMC4 Dante though. He'd probably wouldn't take the fight seriously and just goof off the whole time. And then soundly find himself pounded into the ground unable to get up. :laugh: He would deserve it too. :wink:

Now DMC1 & 2 Dante though. No question. DmC Dante wouldn't stand a chance.

Off Topic:
I do really want to see the DMC3 & DmC Dantes fight together though. They could have a friendly rivalry to see who could make the best (worst?) one liners. Meanwhile, Kat and Lady would be off to the side just face palming. :laugh:

Sounds about right.

Lady: Wanna go get smashed?

Kat: We're not old enough to drink.

Lady: What's your point?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
*clears throat*
Game-Fan-Destroys-Journalism.jpg

capture_by_wesker500-d73b2ql.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Actually, I didn't see any of those M16's bullets hit him. Those SWAT soldiers just missed him all the time LOL

Anyway, I do believe DMC3 Dante has more durability and regen capability.

Oh, and Dante punched Mundus (the only actually building sized boss) with the aid of Eryx AND Devil Trigger. In his weak spot.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
*clears throat*
0.jpg

xD well, so? Not really a good comparison. What do you think is worse? Being stabbed by freaking Yamato (with the blade going all through the body going out from the back) or... a finger? This comparison doesn't really go to DmC Dante's advantage... if you wanted to support him, you should have posted a picture of DMC3 Dante being injured and pained by something less dangerous than a finger, you know.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Actually, I didn't see any of those M16's bullets hit him. Those SWAT soldiers just missed him all the time LOL

Anyway, I do believe DMC3 Dante has more durability and regen capability.

Oh, and Dante punched Mundus (the only actually building sized boss) with the aid of Eryx AND Devil Trigger. In his weak spot.

after he grabs Kat, he gets hit in the back, shoulder and neck and does not even flinch.

There's two punches, and people are only counting one. Dante punched Mundus into a building while in DT, with Eryx. However, just before Dante rips open his chest in their fight, Dante uppercuts him bare-handed. The latter punch is the one people reference.

And besided, Mundus is SKYSCRAPER sized. The other demons are at least 2 or 3 stories, hence "building sized"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
xD well, so? Not really a good comparison. What do you think is worse? Being stabbed by freaking Yamato (with the blade going all through the body going out from the back) or... a finger? This comparison doesn't really go to DmC Dante's advantage... if you wanted to support him, you should have posted a picture of DMC3 Dante being injured and pained by something less dangerous than a finger, you know.

That doesn't disprove the fact that despite DMC3 Dante's durability to some weapons, it was yamato that hurt and rendered him almost dead. A weird deus machina that made no sense to me since he can survive his own sword in his chest but not yamatos for some odd reason.
But yeah that is true.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That doesn't disprove the fact that despite DMC3 Dante's durability to some weapons, it was yamato that hurt and rendered him almost dead. A weird deus machina that made no sense to me since he can survive his own sword in his chest but not yamatos for some odd reason.
But yeah that is true.

Well, Yamato is one of the most powerful Devil Arms ever, maybe only second to Sparda itself. So, no wonder to me that Dante felt that stab. Can't compare that to a finger.

TerrorA

But yeah that is true.

I would say for the same reason reDante nearly killed reVergil.

A massive amount of energy being pumped through a focus by a incredibly powerful opponent.

Even the thing with the finger, in context makes sense. DANTE was tearing open his own chest to see if he still had a human heart. No different if Superman gave himself a black eye, or the time Hulk tore his own skin off.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I would say for the same reason reDante nearly killed reVergil.

A massive amount of energy being pumped through a focus by a incredibly powerful opponent.

Even the thing with the finger, in context makes sense. DANTE was tearing open his own chest to see if he still had a human heart. No different if Superman gave himself a black eye, or the time Hulk tore his own skin off.
and yet DmC dante is more prone to doing these things to himself. If someone makes the wrong comment about his humanity (or his hair) there he goes tearing a hole in his own chest feeling for his heart, because he has the emotional stability of a 13 year old girl, which is probably what the marketing team was going for when they made that character.

Durability is mental and physical. If I had to chose between a superman who shrugs off **** talk, and similar superman prone to jamming kryptonite into his chest every time he has one of his frequent existential crises, I think I would pick the first as being more durable overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom