• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
I actually like the new look. If you think about it, clothing wise, both DMC Vergil and DMC3 Vergil have that same regal/rich aura about them. Its the same look but tailored to this DMC universe. Obviously in this universe, Vergil wouldnt be walking around in a long bright blue ornate trench coat with an ascot. As far as his personality, DMC3 Vergil was a bit too much of the stereotypical anime bad guy. Cold, wants power, carries a bad ass katana. And there is nothing wrong with that. This DMC Vergil does seem a bit too sincere. And thats why im interested. He seems like more of an intellectual type.

And Vergil never really betrayed Dante in the original series in my eyes. To me Vergil and Dante simply had a difference of opinions and parted ways, but they never hesitated to have a "get out of my way" fight. They cared about each other enough to not kill each other. But they didnt particularly like each other either.

This Vergil seems to have more depth in it than his previous iterations and it'll be interesting to seem how it turns out

Kammosjuttu

Well we clearly need to see him in action. Thats what is being "qualified as being Vergil" I suppose.
I bet NT's will make Yamato look more razor-sharp than any of the series.
And we still do not know his atitude towards his enemies. Maybe he is not that clean as he looks and has some dirty traits like his brother.

In one art picture he had blood on his gloves and a smirk on his face. So I guess he'll be one hell of a fighter and capable of killing demons easily.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I really dig Vergil. And him talking alot probably came from his background. I like how he lived the complete opposite life of Dante and didn't just randomly appear out of nowhere one day. I like to think that Vergil had some kind of training growing up and he will be a badass sword user. There is something about the way he talks though that you can see other intentions behind them. Maybe its just me hoping but something will go wrong.

He looks good, just like Dante, except far more articulate than Dante. And i don't mind that he talks a lot, as long as he's done using lame menacing lines like every bad guy uses. There is something about him that is quite obvious that there will be a clash. And i cannot wait.

Meg

I think he's appearance is all right. It's not great, but it's not horrible either. But from what I've seen of his personality? Pfffffft! Not at all. Not as Vergil anyway. He might be all right as a new character. A crazy plot twist making him evil or something might save him.

Azurel

I really dig Vergil. And him talking alot probably came from his background. I like how he lived the complete opposite life of Dante and didn't just randomly appear out of nowhere one day. I like to think that Vergil had some kind of training growing up and he will be a badass sword user. There is something about the way he talks though that you can see other intentions behind them. Maybe its just me hoping but something will go wrong.

He looks good, just like Dante, except far more articulate than Dante. And i don't mind that he talks a lot, as long as he's done using lame menacing lines like every bad guy uses. There is something about him that is quite obvious that there will be a clash. And i cannot wait.

Yes. There will be much more emotional weight behind their boss battle other than: "....And now, my soul, is saying it wants to stop you!"

Wow. Way to lay it on thick, Dante. That probably why Vergil ended up laughing, by the way.

Yes, this should be more of a slow burn, character-based build. Vergil sees that Dante is being too soft, and while he concedes at first, agreeing to rescue Kat, he then decides that the only way to complete both his and Dante's goal is to stop Dante from doing something stupid like jeopardizing the entire mission for one life when billions hang in the balance.

Like the end fight of District B13. They fight not because one betrays the other, but because one of them doesn't want the other to stop him from completing the mission.

Oh, fiddlesticks. I couldn't find that last fight scene. Oh well. Enjoy these other great action scenes from the same movie. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find the whole thing somewhere. It was even popular enough for a sequel.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Yes. There will be much more emotional weight behind their boss battle other than: "....And now, my soul, is saying it wants to stop you!"

Yeah but that line was followed by the classy "It seems our souls our at odds brother" I used to love the banter between them, another fav of mine was "Father? I have no father, I just don't like you that's all" XD brilliant!
I hope that if they do turn out to dislike each other in this one there will be some entertaining banter.

Azurel

I actually like the new look. If you think about it, clothing wise, both DMC Vergil and DMC3 Vergil have that same regal/rich aura about them. Its the same look but tailored to this DMC universe. Obviously in this universe, Vergil wouldnt be walking around in a long bright blue ornate trench coat with an ascot. As far as his personality, DMC3 Vergil was a bit too much of the stereotypical anime bad guy. Cold, wants power, carries a bad ass katana. And there is nothing wrong with that. This DMC Vergil does seem a bit too sincere. And thats why im interested. He seems like more of an intellectual type.

And Vergil never really betrayed Dante in the original series in my eyes. To me Vergil and Dante simply had a difference of opinions and parted ways, but they never hesitated to have a "get out of my way" fight. They cared about each other enough to not kill each other. But they didnt particularly like each other either.

This Vergil seems to have more depth in it than his previous iterations and it'll be interesting to seem how it turns out

Much more depth. I love this Vergil. I cannot stress that enough. Old Vergil is forgotten, in my mind. ^_^

Seriously, you just look at him and know his character is very complex right off the bat. I don't see him betraying Dante, though. He may be pushed over the edge like Two-Face was in The Dark Knight, but that's the only way I can see this conflict happening. His intentions are pure, and always will be until circumstances leave him with no other option.

Atredus...is that name based off of Paul Atredes in Dune? I love that book so much I actually read it twice (something I only did for maybe only one or two other books).

Dante47

I guess that makes every DMC game lacking in drama then. Because Dante cracks jokes.
It detracts from the drama, I never said it took it away from the whole series. It just seems that whenever tension is building, Dante has to make some witty remark. That's just me nitpicking, I don't want to argue.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
I sat about thought about this new Vergil's personality a bit too. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Vergil was brought up in a rich and good home where he was probably the only child. Then one day he finds out he is half demon and half angel. That would def be a WTF moment. Then you find out you have a long lost identical twin brother you never knew about and also is half demon half angel? Anybody here would try and get to know a long lost sibling, even us humans lol. Maybe thats why he is so kind and caring. One, he was raised to be that way. Two, its his long lost brother! They didnt get a chance to have sibling rivalries, fight and yell at each other to get out of each other's room, etc. So obviously he has nothing but love for Dante at the moment. Dante was bounced around to different foster homes since he was young so he would naturally be taken aback by finding out about Vergil. But Dante obviously isnt gonna be all "I love you bro" immediately.

Honestly the only thing that is a bit weird to me about him is his blue pants. But then again for some reason nobody in the dmc universe can seem to find a pair of pants to match their jackets so its all good lol.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Much more depth. I love this Vergil. I cannot stress that enough. Old Vergil is forgotten, in my mind. ^_^

Seriously, you just look at him and know his character is very complex right off the bat. I don't see him betraying Dante, though. He may be pushed over the edge like Two-Face was in The Dark Knight, but that's the only way I can see this conflict happening. His intentions are pure, and always will be until circumstances leave him with no other option.

Atredus...is that name based off of Paul Atredes in Dune? I love that book so much I actually read it twice (something I only did for maybe only one or two other books).

Digggin the new pic by the way lol. And honestly I think Atredus was a character in a story I was working on a while back. Like when I was in high school 10 yrs ago lol

Dante47

I sat about thought about this new Vergil's personality a bit too. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Vergil was brought up in a rich and good home where he was probably the only child. Then one day he finds out he is half demon and half angel. That would def be a WTF moment. Then you find out you have a long lost identical twin brother you never knew about and also is half demon half angel? Anybody here would try and get to know a long lost sibling, even us humans lol. Maybe thats why he is so kind and caring. One, he was raised to be that way. Two, its his long lost brother! They didnt get a chance to have sibling rivalries, fight and yell at each other to get out of each other's room, etc. So obviously he has nothing but love for Dante at the moment. Dante was bounced around to different foster homes since he was young so he would naturally be taken aback by finding out about Vergil. But Dante obviously isnt gonna be all "I love you bro" immediately.

Honestly the only thing that is a bit weird to me about him is his blue pants. But then again for some reason nobody in the dmc universe can seem to find a pair of pants to match their jackets so its all good lol.
By God. This! I couldn't have stated it any better. Thank you for putting it into words!

crush

to your shock Gloria aka trish didn't even wear any...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like vergil's look even if I'm not a fan of the facial area. I can't tell from this trailer but do they even look alike?

They might be fraternal twins then which isnt the same so they were better off being non twins.

his VA sounded like Yuri Lowthenlal who is a profilic VA.

the end of the trailer hinted Vergil and Dante dont exactly trust each other so we might see Vergi's fall from grace as it were.

DMC3 had vergil already jumping off the cliff, this will show us how he got there and why he went over.

I hope its explained how Vergil managed to escape Dante's fate of orphanages and brainwashing. I'm not sure about his upbringing as it makes him seems Batman-ish.

Dante47

I like vergil's look even if I'm not a fan of the facial area. I can't tell from this trailer but do they even look alike?

They might be fraternal twins then which isnt the same so they were better off being non twins.
Yeah, they are identical. Same face, eyes, and body. But of course, the voice, clothes and hair is different

Azurel

Ha. That's video-game (both Eastern and Western) fashion for you. Jackets that never match, hahaha. Reminds me of a joke I once heard...

"People wonder why women's underwear almost never match their bras. Because we actually change our underwear. (edit: LOL @ Gloria joke)

Anyway, I never thought about it that way, before. Vergil coming to Dante with a clean slate was actually something that had never occurred to me. However, that can also be disastrous in the long run. Without that sibling rivalry, you won't have patience and the ability to work around each others' quirks and tics to be able to get along. This is probably what will end up shattering the whole thing. Which is unfortunate. :(

Digggin the new pic by the way lol. And honestly I think Atredus was a character in a story I was working on a while back. Like when I was in high school 10 yrs ago lol

What can I say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The story thing is cool, though. I've got a couple stories in mind myself. Too bad they aren't any good. :p

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy

Lady (when not in a skirt) Trish and Nero did, it seems only the sons of Sparda are doomed to be colour coded wrong. Even Sparda had Purple trousers, That's why he was stronger...he matched.

Top Bottom