• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

Azurel

@darkmanifest

Dante may seem like he wants anarchy, but he's been taking care of himself all this time as opposed to creating riots.

No, this is a libertarian game, through and through. Both Dante and Vergil want society to be able to take care of themselves. Even if Vergil wanted to rule over them, he would do so in a fair democratic process, and not in an oligarchy. The demons themselves have shown that this isn't good for anyone. In any oppressed nation, there will always be people who are willing to fight back. Vergil himself is a good example of this.

Vergil really does have good intentions, it's just Dante being foolhardy (on a repeated basis) that costs him his order and pushes him over the edge. While he may or may not be fanatical, it's fair to say that almost all leaders are to a certain degree. You can't have anarchy if you want to create order. Both Dante and Vergil want that.

But Dante isn't willing to make the necessary sacrifice in order to do so. He'll let victory slide from his grasp if it means saving Kat.

Ninja Theory can handle nuanced storylines, despite the opinion of naysayers out there. There's a lot more believable tension between these brothers than there ever was between Dante and Vergil in DMC3.

There's already more depth in this two minute trailer than there in the entire storyline of DMC3 (DMC1's storyline was laughably nonexistent, while DMC4... was, well, barely had enough to fill out a half hour episode of a Saturday morning cartoon).

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I don't think anyone's thought about this, but what about the power going to Vergil's head?

He still has the propensity to be a villain. And a likeable, almost relateable character, like Ozymandias from Watchmen or Manchester Black from Superman.

Sure he doesn't have the weird fixation on becoming the most powerful thing in the universe like his DMC3 counterpart, but give him a chance at least.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
However, there's a lot more believable tension between these brothers than there ever was between Dante and Vergil in DMC3.

There's already more depth in this two minute trailer than there in the entire storyline of DMC3 (DMC1's storyline was laughably nonexistent, while DMC4... was, well, barely had enough to fill out a half hour episode of a Saturday morning cartoon).

This I am in agreement with.

Azurel

At least you're in agreement with the fact that this is a libertarian statement, not an anarchical one.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
@darkmanifest

Dante may seem like he wants anarchy. But he's been taking care of himself all this time as opposed to creating riots.

No, this is a libertarian game, through and through. Vergil really does have good intentions, it's just Dante being foolhardy (on a repeated basis) that costs him his order and pushes him over the edge. Yes, he's fanatical, but almost all leaders are to a certain degree. You can't have anarchy if you want to create order. Both Dante and Vergil want that. But Dante isn't willing to make the necessary sacrifice in order to do so. He'll let victory slide from his grasp if it means saving Kat.

Ninja Theory can handle nuanced storylines, despite the opinion of naysayers out there. Whether they actually do or not, is admittedly up in the air. However, there's a lot more believable tension between these brothers than there ever was between Dante and Vergil in DMC3.

Loved DMC 3 but I fully agree. Honestly the whole DMC storyline has always had great potential. It was just never really followed through and there were way to many plot holes. If this is really going to be a story driven DMC, as it seems like it is shaping out to be, it will be a more complete game than any of the games in the old series. Dont get me wrong, I loved the old series but it was just all about the action. If this game can mix the over the top action of the old games with an intriguing story, this will be an amazing game.

On the gameplay note, since Vergil will be playable, they would do well to make an entirely separate Vergil campaign. None of that backtrack bs from DMC4, and id rather they didnt just switch out Dante for Vergil and you go through DMC fighting Vante again like they did in DMC3 (even though it was fun as all hell). Vergil needs his own separate story and gameplay.

Azurel

I don't think anyone's thought about this, but what about the power going to Vergil's head?

He still has the propensity to be a villain. And a likeable, almost relateable character, like Ozymandias from Watchmen or Manchester Black from Superman.

Sure he doesn't have the weird fixation on becoming the most powerful thing in the universe like his DMC3 counterpart, but give him a chance at least.

Vergil has probably very much considered this. You don't start The Order without considering the possibility that people will turn on you if you let the power go to your head and start treating them badly. If he does turn, it will mean he was most likely corrupt to begin with.

I hope that he has nothing but the best intentions, allowing humans to live in a free society. However, I am willing to consider the possibility that there will be a predictable twist, and all this will just be a part of his plan. I hope that doesn't happen, though. It would be a shame if it did.

Azurel

Loved DMC 3 but I fully agree. Honestly the whole DMC storyline has always had great potential. It was just never really followed through and there were way to many plot holes. If this is really going to be a story driven DMC, as it seems like it is shaping out to be, it will be a more complete game than any of the games in the old series. Dont get me wrong, I loved the old series but it was just all about the action. If this game can mix the over the top action of the old games with an intriguing story, this will be an amazing game.

On the gameplay note, since Vergil will be playable, they would do well to make an entirely separate Vergil campaign. None of that backtrack bs from DMC4, and id rather they didnt just switch out Dante for Vergil and you go through DMC fighting Vante again like they did in DMC3 (even though it was fun as all hell). Vergil needs his own separate story and gameplay.

Very glad to hear that Vergil will be playable. I couldn't be sure until there was 100% confirmation. I honestly thought it was too much to hope for. Yes, there is no need for Nero-style backtracking. The game would fall apart if it did. Better to have one or two brilliant Vergil missions than a whole game you need to slog through again as glorified skin with different moves.

Oh, and I'm correcting myself when I say this: It was Paul Atreides. That was the proper spelling.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
So now we have douche bag Dante and goody two shoes Vergil. Wow I hate this storyline already, but gameplay looks decent

Azurel

I honestly don't understand how people are saying he talks too much when in the trailer he literally talks three times for a couple of seconds is that really "too much"?

YES, IT'S TOO MUCH. DON'T YOU KNOW THAT VERGIL MUST KEEP HIS TRAP SHUT IN ORDER TO BE A BADASS?? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??

ThanatosPL

Guys, what do you think about that kind of vergil ? Something like this one on the right, ofc with white/blonde hair and a bit diffrent suit ;)
EDIT: picture does't want to show :/
EDIT 2:
799_1.jpg

Azurel

Guys, what do you think about that kind of vergil ? Something like this one on the right, ofc with white/blonde hair and a bit diffrent suit ;)
EDIT 2:
799_1.jpg

I think they both look good. But you already know my opinion of Vergil. I like this new Vergil a lot. He's complex, he's concerned for other people's well being, he's conflicted, and obviously a great leader. Otherwise, The Order would not have gone as far as it did without him. He just needed Dante to give the organization that extra 'push'. He probably would have done it himself if he had no other choice, but he's playing his hand carefully. And he does join his brother in battle eventually, just not yet, because he can't reveal himself to Mundus until the right time.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
EDIT 2:
799_1.jpg
those are police outfits. Vergil probably killed like 20 endangered animals to make his coat. Can't you see how detailed it is?
hehe^_^

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
EDIT 2:
799_1.jpg

When they showed Vergil in that last trailer I immediately thought of Christian Bale in Equilibrium. Glad im not the only one.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
LOL at the guys who are slinging mud at the so called "haters" for disliking this Vergil.

You look no better than the "haters" you ridicule and berate with posts like

"Your nothing but a hater!"

"You just can't accept change!"

"You just are trying to find reasons to hate this Vergil!"

And here I thought attitudes around here would mature a bit and people could actually start to respect each others opinions.

As for my thoughts on this Vergil.

He look isn't that bad for me.

its what I would expect from NT given their design choices for DmC, and its still nice to see he retains some of the qualities of the old Vergil such as white hair,blur color scheme, and Yamato.

But its just his personality, and his "brotherly love" attitude that I dislike.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
LOL at the guys who are slinging mud at the so called "haters" for disliking this Vergil.

You look no better than the "haters" you ridicule and berate with posts like

"Your nothing but a hater!"

"You just can't accept change!"

"You just are trying to find reasons to hate this Vergil!"

And here I thought attitudes around here would mature a bit and people could actually start to respect eachothers opinions.

As for my thoughts on this Vergil.

He looks isn't that bad for me.

its what I would expect from NT given their design choices for DmC, and its still nice to see he retains some of the qualities of the old Vergil such as white hair,blur color scheme, and Yamato.

But its just his personality, and his "brotherly love" attitude that I dislike.
i have to agree. nobody should be disrespecting anybody just because they don't like the way vergil looks or acts. it's their opinion, if they don't want to like him then they won't. we don't need to attack one another.

Top Bottom